Distance

Having Liu As My Last Name

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I don’t know what that guy’s problem. He confessed to me out of a sudden and now, he is inviting me to have lunch with him. What is going on with that guy’s head? Is he even sane? I’m unlucky that I was paired with him to work in a project.

 

“Amber really likes you,Jungie.” Sulli said which made me rolled my eyes.

 

“I don’t care if he even love me ,Sull.” I answered her.

 

“You might fall for him if he continues to pursue you, Jungie.” Luna followed.

 

“I won’t even entertain him in the first place. So falling is impossible to happen, Lun!” I remarked.

 

They both shrugged their shoulders and we head to the cafeteria to meet the guys. I sat down beside Minho.  I roam my eyes around and I spotted Liu with his two friends, happily chatting in their table. I remember what Mom told me about his family.

 

“Who are you looking at?” Minho asked which brought my attention back at them.

 

“Ahm, nothing.” I answered him with a smile.

 

“Minho, are you going to try out for basketball?” Taemin asked him which made him shift his attention to him.

 

“Yeah, of course! I want to compete for inter-high.” Minho replied with a grin.

 

“How about you guys? Aren’t you going to try out too?” Luna asked the rest.

 

“I will give it a try.” Onew answered first with a timid smile.

 

“I will try-out too. Basketball team needs someone like me.” Jonghyun stated with a cocky grin.

 

“Says who?” Sulli asked him with raised brows.

 

“Says me, of course!” Jonghyun answered proudly and we all laughed at him.

 

“If u guys joined our basketball team, then it means Minho can’t take me home anymore after class.” I said and pout to my boyfriend.

 

“Pfft! Of course I still will babe.” Minho said to me and pulled me on his side to hug me.

 

“Ahem!” Taemin purposely clear his throat and flashed a playful smile. “Or u can wait for him Krys until we finished our practice.” He stated.

 

“That sounds much better.”Onew followed.

 

“Yeah, we need someone to cheer us.” Jonghyun remarked.

 

“Nah, I’ll pass. Unless Liu will be there playing with you.” Sulli said and giggled which made me looked at her.

 

“You really like him a lot Sull.” Luna said and nudged her.

 

AMBER’s POV

 

Krystal Jung ignored me in our school. I think I made her uncomfortable because of what I did. She doesn’t really have to feel that way. I have no intention in pursuing her. In our entire school days in this week, Jung distanced herself from me. I just let her though. I don’t want her to creeps her out and will look desperate to get close to her.

 

“Sir, are you going somewhere?” Mr. Lim asked me when we meet at the foot of our stairs.

 

“No.” I lied. “I will just wander outside the house to get a fresh air.” I continued.

 

I noticed that he raised his brows. It is now Friday night and I want to go back to that night market. Of course not to see Krystal Jung but to buy stuff and loiter around that place. It’s fun for me to do that.

 

“Then I will accompany you Sir.” He answered which kinda annoyed me.

 

“Nah, no need. I want to walk alone.” I said to him and went on my way.

 

I released a deep sigh when I got out of the house. I finished dealing with Mr. Lim and now, I have to get passed those guards. They are scattered everywhere, tight security stuff. I went to our backyard and secretly pass through the secrete passage that I made in order for me to go outside.

 

“Free at last!” I exclaimed in happiness when I got outside the big walls.

 

I quickly to the night market place and there are lots of people around. Just like the last time I went here.  Despite the crowds, I still spotted Jung. I think she’s going somewhere and I thought her boyfriend is around but it seems that she’s alone. I don’t want to follow her but I noticed these two guys did.

 

“Those idiots.” I mumbled and followed after them.

 

 

They are secretly following Jung and I am following them. I guess that girl’s senses are too dull. She really didn’t notice that she is being followed by those guys. I can tell. When she passes this dark alley that is where those two approached her. I quicken my paced, I grab the hand of one of them who got the guts to touch her.

 

“What are you guys planning?”I asked them as I tighten my grip on the guy’s hand.

 

“Who are you freak? Let go of my hand!” he said as he struggled to break free of my grip.

 

“Who are you?”Krystal asked them. “And what are you doing here, Liu?” she asked me.

 

“He is following you behind.” The guy’s companion answered which made me glared at him.

 

“You guys are the one who are following her, not me!” I answered. Krystal looked at me suspiciously. “Yah! Do I look like a bad guy to you? They are more suspicious looking than me!” I said to her.

 

“You are all bunch of idiots!”she remarked as she continued to walk away.

 

“Aish! You idiots!” I said as I attempt to hit them both. “Get out of my sight if you don’t want me to beat you up both.” I continued.

 

They hurriedly left and I let out a deep sigh. I got worried for nothing. As I was to walk away, I heard Krystal scream which made me turn to the direction she head to. I dashed to where she is. I gritted my teeth when I saw three guys bothering her. One of them grabbed his wrist. I don’t know who they are, if they are robbers or group of erts. All I know is Krystal needs my help.

 

“Yah!” I yelled at them to get their attention.

 

Maybe I should keep my distance close to her.