Different Approach

Having Liu As My Last Name

AMBER’s POV

 

I keep my distance away from Jung. I didn’t approach her that often. I don’t want her to get mad or get tired of me. I should make her like me, even just a little. Because I think, if I continue what I am doing, I’m sure she will end up hating me. There is no doubt about that! I need a different approach. The one which is she finds less, annoying.

 

“The love of your life looks lonely.” Henry said when we settled in one table in the cafeteria.

 

Krystal is sitting just three tables away from us in the same column. She does look lonely and it made me wonder where her friends are.

 

“Why don’t you approach her Am and invite her to join us?” Key suggested.

 

I admit that it is quite a tempting suggestion but I don’t think Krystal will like it. It seems like she is waiting for someone, probably her boyfriend if not her friends. I can tell because she keeps on glancing on her watch.

 

“Maybe, next time!” I remarked and shifted my eyes on my food.

 

“What’s stopping you, bro?” Henry questioned me with a sly smile on his face.

 

“Yeah, what’s stopping you? It seems you stop pursuing her.”Key stated.

 

“She wants me to give her space so I’m giving it to her.” I answered him and they both burst out into laughter.

 

I don’t know why they are laughing. I never intend to make them laugh. What I said is not even a joke. These guys are really had gone nuts.

 

“What’s funny?” I questioned them with furrowed brows and they refrain from laughing.

 

“Nothing.” Henry answered me, trying to hold his laughter inside.

 

“So you two are really had gone nuts.” I mumbled and shook my head in disbelief. They both chuckled and I decided to just ignore them.

 

“Since when did you and Krystal have this fight?” Key asked me.

 

“Fight? What are you talking about?” I asked him confusedly.

 

“Girls only ask space to their boyfriends that later on they wanted to break up with.” Henry informed me. “She asked for a space right? So you two had fought.”

 

I get what Henry is saying. I didn’t remember that Krystal and I had a fight.  I look at her and our eyes met. Her gaze turned into a glare and she then rolled her eyes on me. That was quite shocking for me. I don’t know what I have done that made her upset or mad at me. I was about to approach her but the person that she have been waiting for had arrived. It is her boyfriend.

 

“What are you thinking, idiot bro?” Jackie asked me and settled her next to me on our sofa in our living room.

 

“Something important to me.” I answered to her with sarcasm as I moved a little away from her.

 

“Krystal Jung?” she said calmly as she grabbed the magazine on the center table and scan the pages.

 

My mouth slightly dropped open when I heard what she said. Am I that transparent for her to know even what am I thinking. I know if I will deny it, she will tease me and I don’t know what else she will do that will annoy me.

 

“So what if I’m thinking about her.” I replied after I cleared my throat and avoided her eyes. I can feel her eyes on me and from the corner of my sight, I can see her curved a smile.

 

“She already have a boyfriend, don’t tell me you’re going to snatch her away from that guy?”she told me.

 

“Of course, not!” I answered her.  “I am not that kind of person. I know how to respect other person’s relationship.”

 

“Good! But we all know that you are stupid! And you tend to get what you want whatever means it is.” She stated.

 

“Krystal is not a thing. I can buy her with my money and become mine. She has her own free will and is sane. No matter what I do, if she doesn’t like me, she will not become mine.” I replied to her.

 

“I thought you haven’t thought of that.” She mocked and laughed. “Well anyway, Dad is coming home.”

 

“Really?” I replied with raised brows as I look at her. I never heard of the news about him coming home.

 

“Yeah. It’s almost his birthday, have you forgotten about it?” she asked me while raising her left brow.

 

I mentally face-palmed myself when I heard what Jackie had said. I did forget about my Dad’s birthday. He always comes home to celebrate his birthday with us and of course with his friends in business.

 

“Is he going to invite the Jung?” I asked her curiously.

 

“Probably.” Jackie answered and it made me happy.

 

The next morning, I feel excited inviting Krystal personally to come to my father’s birthday. Dad will arrive later tonight and his birthday will be celebrated after a couple of days. When I get inside our room, I curved a smile when I saw her.

 

“Good morning, Jung!” I greeted her happily and she looked at me.

 

“What do you want?” she asked me with annoyance in her voice.

 

I notice that her eyes are puffy and I think she cried. I looked at her,and noticed that there is something wrong with her aura. It’s not that strong like how it used to be. It is somehow, dull and sullen for me.

 

“What’s up with you?” I questioned her.

 

“What are you talking about?”she asked me and looked at me with furrowed brows.

 

“Aish! I want to see you in our house this Friday night. It’s my Dad’s birthday and your presence is a must for me.” I said to her. I don’t think she wants to discuss to me her problem.

 

“I can’t go.”she refused my invitation without even thinking about it and I feel disappointed.

 

“Your whole family is invited.” I insisted.

 

“I don’t think we can come.” She said and her eyes look sad.

 

“Then, I think we will celebrate my Dad’s birthday at your house then.” I stated jokingly and winked at her.

 

“You are really stupid!” she mumbled and scoffed.

 

She did smile but it didn't reach her eyes. I hope it is nothing serious. But I will really suggest to my Dad to have his birthday celebration in Jung's residence.