Fate

Having Liu As My Last Name

AMBER’s POV

 

I decided to come by in Dad’s office to have a talk with him. I got totally surprised when I overheard what he said to Yuri. I’m undeniably happy that finally, Krystal’s family will be lifted off from their financial problem. I saw the envelope and pictures on his desk. My pictures with Krystal on Park’s lame birthday party, outside their hotel, and when Minho stood up Krystal.

 

“So you had me followed.” I said to Dad after I shifted my gaze on him.

 

“I did.” He answered me shortly.  “You failed to comply in our deal, Amber.”

 

“I had no choice. She needed me.” I retorted.

 

“Did she tell you that?” He asked me looking straight into my eyes.

 

“No.” I answered weakly as I looked away. “So what do you want as my compensation?”

 

“You knew our deal. I will stop helping the Jung once you broke it.” He replied to me.

 

“Pfft! But you already told Yuri to restore their properties.” I mumbled.

 

“I can always take it back and her father is still missing. I think it’s best if I do that since that is what we agreed upon.” He said to me which made me looked at him.

 

“I will do whatever you want. J-Just continue to help them.” I said to him.

 

“If you say that, then you knew what I want you to do.” He answered me.

 

“I will stay away from her.” I replied to him.

 

“I won’t ask you to do that anymore Amber.” He said to me which somehow made me happy.

 

“R-Really?” I asked him in disbelief.

 

“You will come with me in America next week.” He said to me. “You choose, you will stay here and I will stop helping the Jung or you will come with me in America and their family will have their old convenient life?”

 

He asked me which made me feel like my world is ending. I don’t have any other choice but to do what is best for her. I think it’s not my family who is against us, it is fate who doesn’t want us to be together.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

After Minho stood me up, I feel awkward around Amber. I can’t even look at him anymore. I’m afraid that he might catch me looking at him or our eyes will meet. But today, he didn’t come to our class. I was expecting to see him first thing in the morning.

 

“Maybe he is slacking off again.” I mumbled when our first period end.

 

After our morning class, he didn’t show up. I look around the school, checking the spots where he usually takes a nap but I can’t find him there.

 

“Your friend is not around?” Vic asked me when she approached me on my desk in the library.

 

“He is absent today.” I answered her.

 

“Sick?” she questioned with raised brows.

 

“I don’t know.” I answered and sighed.

 

“Are you worried?”

 

I saw a sly smirk plastered on her face when I looked at her.

 

“No, I’m not!” I quickly answer.

 

“Quick answer means yes!” she said and giggled. “Why don’t you ask his friend where he is.” She suggested.

 

“He is probably slacking off, so there is no need.” I remarked.

 

“Or he is really sick.” She retorted.

 

I can’t help but to think if someone is taking good care of him if he is indeed sick right now. He doesn’t like other people so probably he is brushing off those persons who will look after him.

 

“Phone!” I blurted out when the idea of calling him popped out in my head.

 

“Go and make that call first.” Vic said.

 

I gave her a quick hug and then dashed outside. I browse my contacts and tapped his number. I took a deep breath as I waited for him to pick up. It just kept on ringing and it made me wonder why he isn’t picking up.

 

“Jung!” I heard Henry’s voice from behind which made me turned around. Key is with him.

 

“What?” I asked them when I noticed the worried look in their face. “Why is Liu is not in school?” I quickly asked because I sensed their sullen mood.

 

“He will not be coming back to school anymore.” Key answered which made me start to feel nervous.

 

“What do you mean he is not coming back anymore? Where is he?!” I asked frantically as I grabbed Key’s uniform.

 

“Calm down Jung.” Henry said as he took my hands off to Key.

 

“Geez, girls are really scary!” Key remarked looking scared at me.

 

“I’m sorry.” I sighed.

 

“If you want to see him that badly, he told us to meet him on the place where you guys first talk to each other. He will be waiting there tonight.” Henry informed me.

 

I tried to recall where did we have our first conversation. I looked at them to ask them where.

 

 “Don’t ask us where because we don’t have any idea too.” Henry spoke.

 

I keep on thinking where did we have our conversation first. I can’t recall where it is. Evening came and I can’t still recall which place it is. I went to our school, hoping to see him in front of our school gate but there was no sign of him. All the lights in our school too are off. I asked the guard but he told me that Amber didn’t come.

 

“Where is that idiot?!”I asked in annoyance.

 

My attention was transferred on my phone when it rings. I quickly tap the answer button when I saw that he is the one who is calling.

 

“Where are you?!”

 

“Try to find me, if you did then it means we are fated to see each other tonight.” He said then hanged up.

 

I tried to call him again but the stupid turned off his phone.

 

‘I’m gonna kill you, Liu!’