Night Market

Having Liu As My Last Name

AMBER’s POV

 

I am Amber Joseph Liu, it’s not that I’m bragging but I came from of the wealthiest family in America and Asia. In every country you go, you will see our companies there. In Korea, we own the S.M Academy where I am currently studying now. I strictly told the faculty not to tell other students or even spread the fact that I am the son of the owner of this prestigious school. I hate it too when they give me a special treatment. I find it annoying, really annoying. I don’t like people who become hypocrite in front of me because of my family background.

One night, I decided to take a walk, I sneak out from our house because I am not allowed to walk around during night time. I always got kidnap when I was still a kid so I was force to learn self defense.

 

“I didn’t expect that there is like this during this time.” I mumbled when I pass by in this one street with a lot of stalls who are selling some clothes and everything.

 

I decided to check it out and later, I know that this is what they call a night market. There are a lot of people around. I bought a cotton candy so that I won’t get hungry during my short tour.

 

“Sir, do you need something?”a girl asked me.

 

She looked like we are in the same age. She has a milky skin, long black silky hair and sharp eyes. She looks cold because of it. When she flashed her smile, she looks lovely and sweet, I think.

 

“What can you offer to me?” I asked her. I think it doesn’t sound good to her because her  facial expression change. “Don’t get me wrong, what I mean is that, what good’s stuff can I buy to you?” I make myself clear.

 

“Oh, sorry.”she replied with an apologetic smile. “Ahm, we sell a high quality of clothes Sir, and it seems to me that you like caps, we have the best ones too.”she replied to me which made me raise my brows. “Wait, I’ll get some samples for you.”she said and quickly head to their stall.

 

I followed her and check their stall out. They are selling clothes, caps, and other accessories. I roam my eyes around, and my gaze stop into this one silver earrings. I walk over to it and check it out. The girl approached me with a black cap on her hand.

 

“Here Sir, try it on.”she said to me while handing me the cap.

 

I took the cap and put it on. I check myself in front of the big mirror and it does look good on me. I grab the earrings that I’ve seen earlier and wear it too.

 

“Perfect.” I mumbled with a smirk as I find myself looking good with the two items on. “How much does this cap cost as well as the earring?” I asked her when I turn to face her.

 

“Uhm, the cap cost 80 US dollars sir and about the earring, you can’t buy it without the other pair.” she said to me.

 

“Oh, it is really cheap.” I murmured softly. “Okay, I will buy it with its pair.”I replied to her.

 

“Um, that will be 105 US dollar all in all , Sir.”she answered with a big smile on her face.

 

Lucky, I still have two hundred dollars in my pocket. I paid her and she walk over the counter to punch out my receipt. As I was waiting for her, a guy then came which I assume is her boyfriend because he plant a quick peck on her lips as he greeted her. I averted my eyes away from them and pretend to look around. She walk over to me and handed me the stuff that I bought.

 

“Thank you, Sir. Please come again.”she said to me as she bow politely.

 

“I should be the one who is thanking you. Thanks.” I replied to her with a faint smile and walk away.

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 

I can’t believe it, Amber Joseph Liu is here tonight, in the night market. I think he didn’t recognize me because he didn’t say anything. We are even classmates. But he really never socialize, I mean, he got this aura that pushes other people away. I approach him and he seems nice because he didn’t brush me off.

 

“You should really go home now, your Dad will be furious once he finds out that you are here.” Minho, my boyfriend said to me worriedly.

 

I just sneak out of our house to go here. This store is owned by my personal maid and since I love to sell clothes, accessories and other stuffs, I decided to help her.

 

“Nah, he won’t suspect anything. Besides, I told him that we are on a date.” I answered to him.

 

“Uncle is going to kill me once he finds out that I conspired with you.”he replied and scoffed.

 

“Don’t worry babe, I will defend and protect you against him.”I assured him and he flashed his charming smile.

 

“That guy earlier, was that Amber Liu?”he asked me.

 

“Yeah.” I replied.

 

“Wow, I can’t believe that he also come to this place.”he replied putting an expression of disbelief.

 

“Me neither.”I answered and giggled.

 

“I thought he is the type of guy who hates crowd.”Minho said and scoffed.

 

“I guess we are both wrong on that!”I remarked.

 

“But he is really aloof in our school.”Minho mumbled.

 

Minho was right, Amber is really aloof in our school. He doesn’t talk to anyone, well except to his two friends, Key and Henry. It seems to me that he is setting a big gap between him and other people.

 

“Krys, we should really go. We still have early class tomorrow.” my boyfriend said to me which made me snapped out of my thoughts.

 

“Okay.” I answered.

 

The next day, I went early in our school because I still have to do my homework. I got lazy to do it today. I got surprise to see Amber in our classroom. I didn’t expect that he come this early in our school. He is lying on his desk, probably he is sleeping because I can hear him snoring softly. I walk slowly towards my desk to avoid waking him up. I grimace when I pulled my chair and it created a friction sound on the floor. I hear him groaned in annoyance. I sat down on my chair after I mouth sorry to him. He got up and then turned to me.

 

“Sales lady girl, pull your chair carefully next time.”he said to me then lie back on his desk again.

 

I got surprise when I heard what he said. I thought he didn’t recognize me but it seems that I am wrong. Knowing that he recognized me made me somehow happy inside.