Ⓐ The Palace Grounds

✎_Behind the mushroom _⍾ | Story & Applyfic Ideas

⤫ The Palace Grounds
by JangJiMin

tumblr_ma6t1ewwPc1r4sghvo1_500.gif

"Papa! Someday, I'll be working in the palace!" The younger girl beamed loudly as the father and daughter walked past the grand palace.

A disapproving smile appeared on her fathers face as he slowly shook his head.

She doesn't know what truly happens in the palace.

Plot synopsis:

Unlike the fairy tales you heard when you were a kid, the real palaces weren't anywhere close to the sugar covered stories.
The palaces are full of secrets and romance.
These girls, who come from different family backgrounds are the ones that will experience it all.
--
[So it's pretty much like what romance is like in the palace from different points of view.]
 
Plotlines:

{ The Freedom Fighter / Princess }

The Princess never wanted to be part of the royal family. She just wanted to be like normal girl, she's sick of being pampered all day long, sick of always being the 'damsel in distress', sick of being confined in the palace. She wants freedom. But in the palace, nothing comes easy. A chance is given to her when a group of bandits kidnaps her while she's traveling along the outskirts. However she's not yet freed. She has escape the bandits as well. That isn't easy especially when you have fallen for one of them.

Personality: Brave, loud, slightly spoiled, strong-willed.

Trivia: She is kind of a 'tom-boy', you know, like the girl (Merida) from the movie Brave.

{ The Secret Beholder / Servant } 
 

She was just a normal servant who used worked hard for the late queen. But everything changed when she accidently heard what she shouldn't have. The prince is the late queen's illegitimate child and does not have royal blood. It's a secret that might cost lives. Why should she keep the secret even if it will risk her head? Let's just say it has something to do with the prince.

Personality: Hardworking, humble, obedient.

Trivia: At first, no one knew that The Secret Beholder heard the secret but she confessed to the prince.

 
{ The Pretty Face / Concubine } 
 
Betrayed in exchange for gold, she was sold to become a concubine for one of the princes in the palace. Among the princes many concubines, she's undoubtedly the prettiest one. But she's only recognized for her face. Can her cold self adapt to the palace and overthrow the other hypocritical concubines and secure a place in the prince's heart? Or will she stay as a wallflower, quiet and unnoticed?
 
Personality: Quiet, introverted, cold.
 
Trivia: The other concubines are pretty much the 'bad guys' here who bully { The Pretty Face } and the prince actually pay more attention to the other concubines.
 
{ The Naive Child } 
 
Being the youngest out of the other characters, she is also the most innocent, gullible and of course, the most naive one. Just like The Pretty Face, her story starts out of the palace. Ever since she was young she dreamed of serving the royals in the palace. However her deceased father never approved of it. Nonetheless, she finds herself entering the palace gates not as a servant but as a musician who performed for the royal family. However she lands herself in a load of trouble when her feelings for a the king's right hand man (The general or something idk) gets a little out of control.
 
Personality: Out-going, innocent, curious.
 
Trivia: She plays the 琵琶 / Pipa (Pear-shaped lute, a pretty common Chinese instrument in the early ages.)
 
{ The D.I.Y Plotline 
 
Lol, I'm sorry, I don't have much plotlines, but for this you have quite a lot of choices. You can be like the other princess and like your love interest can be a assassin or something. Bam. Drama will come up. Anyways, point is, if you don't want to be a princess or a servant and stuff, feel free to make your own plotline! c:
 
Personality: -
 
Trivia: -
 
Love Interests:
  1. The Bandit (The Freedom Fighter)
  2. The Prince (The Secret Beholder)
  3. The Other Prince [LOL, I'm sorry, call him whatever you want.] (The Pretty Face)
  4. The General (The Naive Child)
  5. D.I.Y Love Interest (The D.I.Y Plotline)

 

Genre: Romance and historic.


Characters: The characters and their love interests.

Inspiration: So, I was watching a historical drama. And poof. Plot. * ^ *

Suggestions: This is actually one of the more interesting plots I have. (At least to me) So if no one adopts it I might. c; Anyways, I'll be glad if someone want to adopt it and if you need suggestions do PM me because I do have quite a few. Also, this one is pretty precious to me. [*Hint hint, I'll be your co-author of the apply fic if you want. /Slapped] Do note that, I'm not sure what people in real palaces are like. I did try to do some research but I couldn't really understand much stuff. However I'm sure it'll be just as fun if you use your imagination and fabricate up a decent palace story. c:

Status: Taken by xoxopink