The Forgotten Best Friend

Nautical Miles Of Sky

 

(Yoona POV)

 

          “Morning Yoongie.” As usual, I opened my front door to see a smiling Sehunnie’s face.

          “Morning, Sehunnie!” I shouted cheerfully, throwing myself at him and giving him a big hug. I could see the sudden shocked reaction from him, but still I didn’t care. I was feeling really good that day for some reason and just wanted to hug someone.

          When I let go of him, Sehun stared at me suspiciously. “What happened to you noona?” He asked. I smiled. “Nothing.” I said.

          “Something must have happened.” He said. “You’re being creepily cheerful today.”

         I pouted. “You think so? Nothing has happened though.”

          “Did you eat something strange?”

         “What? No.”

          “Did you space travel last night?”

         “No, you pabo.”

         “Wait…” Sehun placed a finger on his chin. “It’s that one, right?” He looked at me, narrowing his eyes. “What did he do?”

         I blushed and swallowed a lump of saliva at the mention of Luhan. Aaaaaah Yoona Yoona Yoona just DON’T blush!!! Why are you blushing at the mention of him?!!

        “Lu… Luhan?” I mumbled. “N-N-No! Hahaha why should I act like this just because of him are you crazy Sehun ah? Hahaha…” I mentally slapped myself for acting even weirder trying to deny it.

          Sehun kept on staring at me as if I was a mentally insane person. “Uh… He came to the shop to see you yesterday.” He shrugged after a while as I let myself out and locked the door.

          “Mhmm… He came over yesterday. To my house.” I said, trying to remember the previous day’s craziness. I had to admit that I kind of missed how we splashed water on each other and bid each other good bye.

          Forget it, Yoona. I shouted in my brain in annoyance. You’re not falling for him.

          Sehun’s jaw dropped. “How did he know your house?” He asked.

         “He happened to meet the kids who were talking about me and they led him.” I said, a smile creeping up my lips. “He said he just thought of paying a visit and see my house and all.”

          “Just as I thought. That’s why you’re being a freak today aren’t you?” Sehun’s tone was full of suspicion and curiosity. “What the hell happened in your house?”

         I pushed Sehun away lightly at his idiotic thoughts. “Yah! He didn’t even get in the house you idiot! The kids were also there!” I snapped. Sehun let out a sigh of a relief and chuckled. “Okay so what did you guys do?”

         “Nothing much. He was being annoying so I showed him the power of my water hose and he did the same with the other water hose and then he went home and I got inside to change as well.” I said casually. “It was a matter of a few minutes, to be honest.”

        “Really?” Sehun had burst out laughing. “I wish I was there to record that romantic water fight.” He said as I pushed him again. “Yah Oh Sehun!!”

         “Yoongie, come on. Just admit that you like the dude.” He said teasingly. I shook my head vigorously, trying not to blush. “Nononono!!” I shouted.

         “You. Like. Luhan.” He continued teasing me. I covered my ears tightly. “No! I don’t like Luhan!”

         “You do, Yoongie!!~~ I know you dooooo… It’s okay to admit it you know~” Sehun really enjoyed annoying me like that. Well, not that he was wrong. After this Luhan guy came, I had been feeling that something had changed. It was such a normal meeting at first, but he didn’t decide to ignore me even after that. That had somehow touched me, because there weren’t many people who actually wanted to talk to me and make friends and all.

          Does Luhan like me too?

          Would that really be possible?

          Stop being delusional, Yoona you dumbo.

          I wish I knew why he was being so friendly and nice.

          Maybe he liked me too. It was possible, right? Then again, I had no idea.

 

          “Heeeeey, you don’t have to think that much, Yoongie. He will come to our shop sooner or later today. You’ll see him.” I shot an intense glare at Sehun who did nothing but smirk. “I wasn’t-“

          “Ah, you should confess when I’m there, okay? I wanna record a video of the moment.”

          Sheesh. I’ll kill you someday, Oh Sehun.

          “Shut up, Sehun.” I was having a hard time resisting the urge to slap this little brat right on his annoying little face.

          “That one sure is lucky…”

          “SHUT UP.”

          “Now that I think about it, he does match you…”

          I gave up on fighting with him and looked away. As I felt someone was watching us from behind. I looked behind me immediately and in a flash, that person had left. I crossed my eyebrows in confusion. Even the other day while I was in the garden with Luhan, I had felt that there was someone watching us. Was he a spy? But why would someone spy on me? Was I even worth spying on?

          “What’s wrong, noona?” Sehun pulled me out from my deep thought. Not wanting to worry him, I smiled a little. “Nothing. I just saw someone who was a little weird behind us. When I turned to look, he fled.” I shrugged and Sehun nodded. “Oh. I thought you were disappointed in me or something.” I made a face at him. “I am disappointed in you.” I said as he laughed.

 

(Author’s POV)

 

          Luhan was headed to a certain ‘food world’ for breakfast when his cellphone rang.

          “Hey Luhan. Let’s meet up.” It was his best friend. Luhan scratched his head. “Uh… right now?”

          “What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked.

          “I’m going to have breakfast now. Why don’t we meet up later in the afternoon?”

         “Can’t I drop by your house?”

          “I’m… I’m not at home right now.” Luhan said.

         “Oh… I get it I get it.” Luhan can almost feel Baekhyun smirk through the phone. “You don’t even feel like having breakfast at home now. Want to have the first meal of the day while watching that face.” Luhan rolled his eyes. “Yah. Stop it. I like the food they make okay?” He tried to defend himself.

          “Yeah. And the girl who serves them.” Baekhyun said. “Okay then, I’ll be at your house later. Plus, good luck in your thing, man.”

          “Yeah yeah, as if I have a thing.” Luhan still tried to refuse. “See you later.” He hung up quickly as he saw his dream place in front of him.  

 

          As soon as Sehun saw the brown-haired boy enter the shop with a smile, he popped his head into the kitchen where Yoona was. “Noona he’s here!”

          “What’s wrong?” Luhan stopped at the counter. Sehun leaned closer to Luhan, a playful smile plastered on his lips. “She was waiting for you.” He whispered to the latter. The same kind of smile made its way onto Luhan’s lips too. “Yoona, I’m here.” He called out when he didn’t see Yoona. “Come out and greet your friend.”

          In a moment, Yoona came out of the kitchen clearing and avoiding looking at Luhan. “What are you both shouting about?” She asked, trying to sound casual. Sehun and Luhan exchanged glances and chuckled.

          “We weren’t shouting.” Luhan said. “Morning. You look as pretty as ever today.” He decided to a little, and saw Yoona’s eyes widen and face redden at Luhan’s words.

          “Y-Yah! Are you drunk or something?” Yoona snapped at Luhan, bowing her head down to make it seem like she was doing important work, but really she was trying to hide her embarrassment. A smile appeared on Luhan’s lips. ‘She looks so cute when she blushes.’

          “I was just kidding.” Luhan chuckled and said, even though he wasn’t kidding at all. Ever since the first day he saw her, he had thought that she was absolutely charming. “Look at you. Why is your face so pink?” He asked, faking confusion.

          “M-My face is n-not pink.” Yoona stuttered.

          “Yes it is.”

          “No it’s not.”

          “It is.”

          “It’s not.”

          “IT IS.”

          “IT’S NOT.”

          Sehun, who was folding his arms and watching the two argue yawned. “Okay you two please stop flirting-“

          “Annyeonghaseyo.” All the three of them looked at the door to see the male close it behind him. He turned to look at them and flashed a wonderful smile, revealing his perfect set of teeth. Luhan’s eyes widened a little and Sehun’s eyes got narrowed a bit as Yoona just smiled as she usually did to customers and bowed 90 degrees. “Annyeonghaseyo. Welcome to ‘Im’s Food World’!” She said.

          “You are…” Luhan said as the boy made eye contact with him and smiled again while walking towards the counter.

          “Oh, hi again.” He raised a palm at the surprised boy. “Luhan, right?” Luhan nodded. “Hi…” He murmured.

          “You both know each other?” Yoona asked, glancing at Luhan and then at the other one.

          “Yeah, we met last night didn’t we?” The taller nodded, glancing at Luhan. “It’s nice to see you again.”

          “Yeah. You too.” Luhan said back with a light smile.

           Jongin turned to Yoona then. “Hi, Im Choding-ah.” He said playfully. “It’s been such a long time hasn’t it? I missed you, you know.”

           Luhan looked at Yoona to see her brows furrow in utter confusion. Sehun stood there beside her, staring at Jongin as if he was recalling something.

          ‘Jongin knows Yoona?’ Luhan’s mind asked him, feeling his heart clench a bit. ‘He said he missed her…’

          “Um… Do I know you?” was Yoona’s clueless question. Jongin chuckled silently. “I’m so disappointed right now, Yoona ya. Don’t you really remember me?” He asked. Yoona shook her head slightly, staring at the tall boy who just spoke with her as if he knew her all his life. “No, I’m sorry I don’t...”

           Jongin made a sad face. “So, within just a year you forgot me?” He said. “That’s sad, Yoona. I thought you’d miss me too, but seems like you didn’t.”

           Luhan was so confused now. Who was Jongin exactly? He was talking to her so normally, but Yoona didn’t seem to know him.

           Yoona didn’t say anything and looked at the ground, trying to think deeply. “I… I think you look familiar… But…” She said, frowning at her failure to remember. “But I can’t exactly grab a hold on who you are…” She looked back at Jongin who just smiled.

          “I see. Atleast I look familiar to you.” He joked. “Hi, Yoona. My name is Jongin, and I’m your best friend.” The hearty smile still remained on his handsome face as he introduced himself to the baffled girl.

 

 

********************************************************************************************

 


A/N:

Hello there! ^^ I'm back with another chapter~ :D
I hope you enjoy reading it~
And please, comment and subscribe so that it'll make me happy :)
For your love and support, kamsamnida~ *bows*

Annyeong ^^ <3