Another Coincidental Meeting

Nautical Miles Of Sky

(Luhan POV)

 

          I woke up around seven the next day and had a message from Baekhyun in my phone.

         

          Lulu, how far have you gone in your article thingy? Yesterday I went to the library to get some information. Hey, you know what? There's this food shop called 'Im's Food World' near the library and believe me, the girl working there is a goddess! I stopped there to eat something on my way home. You should see her! Anyway, good luck man. Bye! -B

 

          I ruffled my hair, remembering about the article I had to write. I had to hurry up and start working on it.

          As I got out of bed, I saw my camera from which I took the pictures of stars at the beach the previous night. Beside it laid the white handkerchief that belonged to the weird girl I had met. Yoona.

          In the afternoon, I took a visit to the library as well, to collect some information for my article. I spent hours searching tons of books related to stars and constellations. After typing all of the relevant information on my laptop, I went out of the library and headed home.

          'I'm hungry.' My stomach growled as I rubbed my hand across it. 'Is there a place where I can eat around here?' I asked in my mind and suddenly remembered about the food shop Baekhyun told me about earlier that morning.

          I didn't have to walk too far to see the name board of 'Im's Food World.' I rubbed my palms together happily. I could finally put something into my hungry stomach, and I could even see the girl Baekhyun was telling me about, although I wasn't that curious.

          I opened the glass door and entered the shop. It was a small, but clean and nice place. I inhaled the fresh scent of food, feeling my mouth already watering.

          "Welcome to Im's Food World." A voice said beside me and I looked. The girl bowed at me and straightened herself up with a big smile, until she saw my face and I saw hers.

          "Are you the goddess who works here?" I asked, staring at the brunette in front of me. She stared back at me. "I don't know what goddess you're talking about, but I am the only girl working here." She said calmly.

          I looked away. "Why did I even bother coming here, it's just you." I said just to annoy her. And she did get annoyed easily. "Yah, that's being rude!" She made a face and complained. I found her angry face kind of cute. "If it's you, being rude is okay." I gave her a teasing smile.

          "What?!"

          I'm hungry." I walked over to an empty table and settled down. "I want to eat something."

          She rolled her eyes and came near the table. "What do you want to eat?" She asked.

         "Yoongie." A tall boy came running towards us and stopped beside Yoona. He glanced at me and then at the girl. "There's an order." He said.

          "Okay, I'll be going in a second." Yoona nodded and when the boy ran back to the counter, she turned to me. "Order please."

          "I'll have a coffee and a sandwich." I said and she nodded. She looked really pretty with the red apron, indeed like a goddess. A simple, very hardworking goddess.

          "Wait for a while please." She smiled at me as if we had never met before and went away.

          It wasn't long when the guy from a while ago came to my table with a tray. "Sorry for the wait." He smiled a little, although he had a rather straight and emotionless face.

          "Hey wait." I called to him when he turned to go. "I ordered coffee, not tea." I said.

          "Is something wrong?" Yoona saw our expressions and came running. "He said he ordered coffee." The boy said, glancing at the tray and then at me. "Did you?" She asked with a surprised face and I nodded.

          "I'm really sorry, I forgot that you said coffee." She apologized. "I'll take the tea away and bring a coffee in a moment." She said and ran to grab a coffee and brought it to me within minutes.

          "Sorry to keep you waiting." She said as she placed the cup of coffee on the table. I smiled at her. "Thanks." I said. Yoona was just about to leave when I stopped her. "You're Yoona, right?" I asked, and she looked at me wide-eyed. "How did you know my name, stranger?" She asked with a dropped jaw.

          I rolled my eyes. "It's the third time I've met you, so now please stop calling me 'stranger'" I said. "And I have your handkerchief. You dropped it last night at the beach, and it had your name on it."

           "Oh my god, so that's what happened." formed an 'o' shape. "I thought I had lost it." She let out a sigh of relief. "Did you come here to give it to me?"

           "No." I said. "I just ran into you, just like twice yesterday." I wondered why I was meeting her too often. "It seems that we bump into each other a lot."

          Yoona narrowed her eyes. "Are you sure you didn't come here to stalk on me?"

          "Will you please cut it out?" I said out of annoyance. Then she chuckled playfully. "Okay, okay. That was a joke." She said.

          Yoona looked twice as beautiful when she laughed.

          "Yoooongie!!"

          "Coming!" Yoona called out to the other one. She then looked at me before giving a bright smile. "Hope our food tastes good." She said and skipped away to take more orders.

          I finished the sandwich and coffee pretty fast. It tasted really nice, to be honest. Yoona must be a good cook. I went over to the counter and the girl came out of the shop's kitchen. I payed for my food.

          "Your food isn't bad." I said with a smile and she smiled back without any complains for not saying that it 'tasted great'. "Thank you." She said shyly.

          "Anytime. And thanks to you too."

          Yoona turned around to continue with her work after one last heart-warming smile.

         

          'She's a bit strange.' I thought as I walked home, thinking about the girl. 'But maybe that's what's unique about her.' I smiled to myself.

 

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

A/N:

The third chapter is here!~ \O/

I actually wanted to update on my birthday (which was 7th) but I was too busy ;~;

But anyway, I'm glad I got time to update :V
Hope you like this chapter too!~
Please comment and subscribe~ Kamsamnida~~ ^^