Morning's Encounter

Nautical Miles Of Sky

         (Luhan POV)

 

          “Luhan, want to come inside for a cup of tea?” Baekhyun asked me, stopping in front of the doorstep. I shook my head, smiling. “I feel kind of tired to wait today. I guess I’ll go home.” I said to him

          Baekhyun raised his eyebrows. “Okay, if you say so.”

          “Bye. See you tomorrow.” I waved at him before continuing on my way home. He waved back at me.

          I stepped inside my house and dropped my bag onto the couch before plopping down onto it. I felt so tired. After resting for a few minutes, I stood up and went to the washroom to take a shower and take a nice short nap.

           While I was asleep, I saw a dream. In it, I was seeing a dark sky full of twinkling stars. It seemed like I was flying into it, and it felt so real and awesome. Then I saw my mother’s face, smiling at me from the sky.

          I woke up, and I was slightly shocked. I usually didn’t see my mother in my dreams. So far, I had seen mom in a dream to encounter something good the next day. The dreams with my mom in it were some kind of signs, to be honest.

          And this was another beautiful dream.

 

 

 

          The next morning, I woke up early as usual. Unlike most other guys, I wasn’t very fond of sleeping till late. Even Baekhyun was a sleep-freak, but I wasn’t. I glanced at the alarm clock while messing up my already messed up hair. There was still a lot of time until school started, but I got out of bed anyway and took a bath, putting on my uniform.

          Toast, eggs and coffee were always my breakfast since I started living alone. When my mom was with me, I could remember that I used to hate eggs. When I was small, I’d be whining not to eat eggs till I ran out of time for school. However, then, I loved eggs. It brought very good memories of mom.

 

 

 

          As there was still a lot of time, I decided to walk to school that day. One thing I loved about walking to school in the morning was that the streets were usually very quiet. It gave me a comfortable feeling which I enjoyed.

          “Oh, come on, come on, just swim over to them and eat!” I heard someone’s voice nearby the lake. I stopped walking and looked around and I was right. There was a girl wearing a school uniform, sitting beside the lake, apparently feeding the ducks. She was facing her back to me.

          I was right in front of her when she finished feeding the ducks and turned around. I saw the surprise and shock on her face. “Who are you? And what do you want?” She asked, frowning a little and stepping back.

          I smiled. “Hey, I’m not a bad guy. I was just walking to school and saw you-“

          “How do I know that you aren’t a bad guy?” She asked, cutting me off and eyeing me suspiciously. I raised an eyebrow. “Uh… I’m not a bad guy okay-“

          “Were you stalking me just now?” She asked quietly, stepping further away, as if I was a criminal trying to kill her. I crossed my eyebrows in confusion. “Huh?”

          “Oh my god, if he was stalking me, he might have even known my address by now. He might even break in and steal all the house belongings.Oh my god, what am I going to do now?” She started mumbling to herself. I stared at her with my mouth agape. Was she really serious about this ‘bad guy’ thing? Moreover, did she really think that I was stalking her?

          “Hey… It’s not what you think-“ I took a step towards her to get things understood, but she didn’t let me.

          “No, don’t come closer, stranger. Stop right there.” She said, motioning me to stop.

          “But-“

          “I said STOP!!” She yelled out and I froze on my spot.

          “Good, and don’t move yet.” She said, staring at my feet carefully and taking small steps away from me. Then she suddenly ran away as fast as she could, leaving me dumbstruck and confused as hell at her behavior. While she was running, she even looked behind to check whether I was following her. “Bye stranger! Please don’t stalk me again!” She shouted, waving at me and smiling.

          She was the weirdest girl I had ever come across in my entire life.

 

 

 

          “Hey there, Luhan.”

          “Hi, Lulu.”

          Baekhyun, and another of my classmate Chanyeol met up with me inside the gates of the school. I stopped thinking about the incident that day for once and waved at them. “Morning.”

          “You looked like you were thinking about something just now.” Baekhyun said, studying my face.

          “Uh… well, I was thinking about something.” I said and they both exchanged glances with each other.

          I told them about the weird girl I had met that morning. They seemed pretty interested about her when I finished.

          “Was she pretty?” Chanyeol asked, excitedly.

          “Uh… I guess?” I said, trying to remember her face.

          “That’s awesome, Lu! I’m getting a feeling that you’re going to get your first love soon.” Baekhyun clapped his hands, grinning. I smacked his head lightly. “What the hell are you talking about? She was just a girl I saw at the lakeside, and she even called me a stalker.” I said.

          “Who knows, little things like that lead to beeeg things.” Baekhyun stretched out his arms to demonstrate ‘big’.

          “Yeah. I hope you’re lucky, Luhan.” Chanyeol patted on my shoulder giving a weird smile as they both skipped away happily to class.

          I sighed, following them from behind. Whatever.

   

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

   A/N:

   Here, The first chapter is done~ :D

   Was it okay? :3 Please give me feedbacks through comments and tell me what you think~ :3

   I'm kind of busy these days as my exams are near, but I'll try to update once before exams! \o/

  Hope you like it!~ Kamsamnida!~ ^^