The Girl Who Watched Stars

Nautical Miles Of Sky

(Author's POV)

 

          "Class, I'm going to assign you a homework for this weekend." Mr. Kang, the English teacher announced, scribbling something down on the board. "You are going to write a five page article about stars." He went on. "You have to include useful, interesting and reliable information and it should have good language and grammar since I'll be taking marks from it. So, I'm giving you all two days and you should bring a perfect piece of writing when you come to English class on Monday." He explained everything clearly before leaving the class.

          "Ugh... I hate Mr Kang and his five page articles." Baekhyun muttered with an irritated groan. Luhan sighed. "Guess this weekend's gonna be a busy one. We won't get to hang out." He said as Baekhyun nodded. "Yeah... We could hangout sometime though, if we manage to finish homework early." He rested his head on the desk.

 

 

          Luhan was watching TV back at home. It was a documentary about stars that was being shown at that time.

          "I'm home!" The familiar voice of his housemate caught his ears. "Donghae hyung!" Luhan turned around, smiling widely at the person who just came in with his briefcase. His cousin was back.

          Donghae was the one who decided to let Luhan stay in his house and look after him until he finished his high school. He was a very kind and caring person who fulfilled all of Luhan's needs no matter how busy he was.

          Luhan's twenty-six year old cousin took off his tie and sank down onto the sofa beside Luhan. "It's been a week since I've seen you, bro." He ruffled Luhan's hair, smiling. "Are you doing well at school? Do you eat well? Are you super duper?"

          Luhan nodded. "Everything's good, hyung. And I'm super duper too." He said, chuckling a little at the concern the latter was showing. "For how long are you home this time?" He asked as Donghae pursed his lips, a little unhappily. "I'm afraid I have to leave tomorrow afternoon. I'm really busy these days." Donghae was a researcher, so he had to travel a lot, not being able to spend much time with Luhan. Most of the time, the seventeen year old boy would be alone at home for days and maybe even weeks.

          He glanced at the TV. "A documentary?" He laughed softly. "I thought you didn't like them?"

          Luhan shrugged. "I'm just watching it because I have an article to write about stars." He said as the other nodded understandingly. "I see." He said. "Speaking of stars... There'll be a lot tonight. It's a good night to watch them at the beach."

          "Really?" Luhan asked, glancing at his cousin. "I've never really stargazed before."

          "Then you should see them tonight. Trust me, it'll be awesome." Donghae encouraged him cheerfully. Luhan suddenly remembered the dream he had seen the previous day. The stars that he saw in it were amazing. He suddenly wanted to see the stars like that in real life.

          "I guess I'll take a visit to the beach tonight." Luhan smiled. "I'm going to take some pictures to put in my article." He said as the other nodded, smiling. "That's a great idea. Take lots of good pictures okay?"

          "Thanks hyung, I will."

 

 

          'It's so cold tonight.' Luhan was shivering a little as he rode across the streets in hight speed. 'Even my sweater's not enough to keep me warm.'

          When he reached the beach, he looked up and forgot about everything for a moment. He was astonished to see the black sky stretched out before him, and how the twinkling dots were shining brightly, completing the perfection. It was like a dream, no, much better than a dream and Luhan was completely absorbed in it. It was so beautiful. "Wow..." Luhan was really amazed. He quickly kept the bike in a safe place and ran down the beach with his camera.

          'Donghae hyung was right. It's really awesome.' He thought to himself excitedly.

          Luhan was just about to sit down on the sandy ground when his eyes caught another figure a little far away from where he was. He narrowed his eyes. 'Who's that?'

          It was a girl with long, brown hair. She was sitting on the sand, hugging her knees and staring at the sky. But why was a girl there at the beach all alone at night?

          Luhan took slow steps towards her. As he got closer, he started feeling that the figure sitting before him was somehow familiar.

          "Ahem." Luhan cleared his throat, and the girl's head turned his way, her eyes finding his. Both of them got a surprise.

          "Stranger?"

          "Weirdo?"

          They both blinked.

          "Yah, what are you doing here?" Luhan asked. "Obviously, I'm looking at the stars. What do you see me doing?" She said. "And what are you doing here?" She frowned a little. "Were you stalking me again?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.

          Luhan made an annoyed face. "Hey! I told you already that I'm NOT stalking you! I'm just here to snap some pictures of the stars and it's a coincidence that you had to be here." He said, thinking why the girl was calling him a stalker. The girl looked at him and flashed a beautiful smile at him before staring up at the sky again. For the first time, Luhan got a moment to observe her carefully.

          She was pretty. She had smooth and flawless skin, and she had gentle eyes that Luhan swore that sparkled. She had thin lips that were curved into a perfect smile, and her long, silky brown hair was waving freely in the night's cold wind.

          Luhan had to admit it, she was a beautiful.

          Luhan came back to his senses when she got up, dusting off sand off her back with her hand. She looked at Luhan. "Bye, stranger. I'm going home."

          "Hey, wait!" Luhan called out quickly. "Don't run away whenever you see me, I told you that I'm not stalking you or anything!" He said seriously. "I don't bite, really."

          The girl blinked at Luhan twice before bursting out into a laugh. She was pretty even when she laughed like that. "What? Why are you laughing?" Luhan asked, confused as hell. She stopped laughing and gave a playful smile to him. "I'm not running away. My time here is up for tonight." She said, opening her handbag and looking for something before pulling out her watch. "It's almost nine-thirty, I have to head home now." She said.

         "Then what about earlier today? You called me a stalker and ran away." Luhan wanted to know. "I was just kidding around." She chuckled and said. "Well then... I'll be going now. See you around, stranger." She said cheerfully. Before Luhan could open his mouth to tell her not to call him 'stranger', the girl had already turned around to leave.

         Luhan sighed after the girl had left, and was about to sit down to begin his work when he saw a white thing lying on the sand a few feet away. Wondering what it was, Luhan approached it and bent down to pick it up. 'A handkerchief.' He thought, while slapping the sand away from it. 'It must be hers.' He flipped it around and saw a name written down in blue colour.

          YoonA

 

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

A/N:

I wanted to write so much that I just dug up time and wrote it  :3
I hope this chappie was better than the last one, I'm trying my best really ;~;
And Thankyou for the ones who commented and subscribed so far... author-nim is really thankful :')
Hope you enjoy this one too~ Annyeong!!~~ <3 <3 <3  *blows kisses*