Something Called 'Love'

Nautical Miles Of Sky

 

(Yoona POV)

 

          It was another beautiful morning in which I was feeding the ducks in the lake as usual on my way to school. I always had this habit of talking to them and blabbering stuff that they didn’t understand at all, but that day, a particular subject’s thoughts were distracting me badly and I found myself lost into them.

          I think I really like Luhan. What should I do? Should I confess to him? Ew, I’ve never heard about girls confessing! But it seems like he cares for me a lot too… Maybe I wouldn’t be turned down. But what if I get rejected? Aaaaaiissshh ottokhaee!! I cupped my face and shook my head vigorously, feeling helpless.

           Yoona ya. You should let him know how you feel about him… BUT I’VE BEEN TRYING TO GET HIM TO KNOWW!!! I’ve been acting so nice to him… Why won’t that jerk understand aiiish!!! I messed my hair up pretty hard, biting my lip.

          “Have you turned into a psycho?” My eyes widened to hear the familiar voice behind me. I quickly turned around and shot up, trying to comb my hair with my fingers. “B-Bwo?” I asked, feeling my face heat up.

          Luhan was standing there with his head tilted to a side, smiling teasingly nonetheless, charmingly. I swallowed hard, trying my best to get my heartbeat steady. Come on, Yoona. Act normal!

          “You were grabbing your hair and shaking your head and all just now. Looked pretty psycho to me.” He smirked as I nearly exploded from the inside. He still liked teasing me and irritating me like that. How in the world could he possibly have feeling towards me?

          “For your information, I’m very normal. I haven’t turned into a psycho, and I did it because I was a little stressed.” Even if I have, you’d be the reason behind it, pabo. I looked away, making a face.

          “Are you mad at me?” Luhan asked. Yes I am, why can’t you notice that I like you?  “It’s been a while I’ve seen you with that face.”

          “I’m not mad at anyone.” I replied, staring into the lake.

          “That’s good. Because you know I’m just joking, right?” I glanced at him and back into the lake. “But you look so cute when you make the mad face. I did kinda miss it.” I glared at him intensely. “Yah. Are you asking me to be mad with you all the time?” He shook his head, smiling softly. “No. I’m just saying it’s cute. Anyway, you’re beautiful when mad or when happy or when sad, so it doesn’t really matter.”

          I blushed deep red at his remark. One time he would sound like he was my rival, the next time he would sound like he was my lover. This guy could never be understood.

          “Where’s Jongin? It’s the first time I’ve seen you without him since he arrived.” He decided to change the topic when I didn’t respond.

          “Sleeping in his apartment, probably.” I said. “Um, yeah. We used to stick around together all the time even before.”

          “I see.” He said, and I looked at him. “Uh… Don’t get any wrong ideas, though!” I said quickly, waving my hands around. “We’re just friends. He’s not my boy friend or anything, really.” Luhan smiled again. “I know.” He said. “But what if he does like you?”

          Now what is this idiot talking about? Wait… Why is he asking that? Oh my god, is he worried that I might like Kai? OMG asdfghjkl.

          I cleared my throat. “I… I don’t know about that yet. Jongin wouldn’t like me that way, we’re super close friends.” I said, observing Luhan’s face. “Why are you asking it anyway? So what if he likes me?” Yes, it’s your chance to trap him and take the words out of his mouth that he’s implying!

          “I…” He stopped and gasped. “Nevermind. Aren’t you done with feeding your kids yet? You might be late for school.” He said and I pouted, frowning. He just left me hanging on a cliff, that jerk.

         “Excuse me, they’re not my kids by any chance. Do I look like a mother duck to you?” I muttered, skipping to catch up with him when he started walking. Luhan just shrugged.

         

(Luhan POV)

 

          Should I tell her now? I asked myself, thinking deeply.

          “Yah. Why are you so quiet all of a sudden?” Yoona nudged my elbow and asked. I smiled at her. “I’m just thinking a little.”

          “Do you even think about things?” She widened her eyes, faking surprise. I rolled my eyes. “No. Not at all.” I said sarcastically.

          “Okay okay, you can go back to your thinking, I’ll just shut up.” She frowned and looked away.

          “Yoona.” I tapped her shoulder lightly and she turned to me. “What? You want to share your thoughts with me?” She asked. I nodded. “I… I have something to tell you, actually.” I didn’t know where that even came from. I was still stuck between telling her and not telling her. I did decide that I was not giving up on her, so it was important to ask her when I had the chance. I didn’t want to lose on this, because though Jongin might have liked Yoona for a long time, I liked her just as much as he did.

          “You have something to tell me?” Yoona tilted her head to a side, and I could see that she was suddenly feeling curious. “What is it?”

          I cleared my throat. “It’s about something really important.” I said, feeling suddenly nervous. Now’s probably not the right time, Luhan. I heard my mind say to me.

          “Something really important?” Yoona asked and I nodded. “What is it?”

          “Uh…” I could feel my palms getting sweaty and heartbeat quicken. “Can you meet up with me on the beach tonight? I want only both of us to know about it, so I want you to come alone.” I tried not to give her too many clues.

          Yoona was thinking. “Um… okay then.” She said. “You can come to the beach at the usual time. I’ll be there.”

          “Yeah.” I smiled at her. “Thanks.”

          “For what?” She chuckled.

          “For everything.” I saw the faint tint of pinks on her cheeks when I said it.             

          

          

   

           “WHAT?!” I unconsciously screamed out at my friends, but loud enough for the whole class to hear. When everyone was looking at me as if I’d gone insane, I scratched my head stupidly and apologized. “Sorry for shouting, guys.” They just returned to whatever they were at.

          “What did you shout for?” Baekhyun was covering his ears.

           “What do you mean we have a camping trip coming up… and WE’RE LEAVING TONIGHT?” I couldn’t believe it.

          “Are you excited or mad?” Baekhyun muttered. “Yes we have a three days camping trip coming up and we’re leaving tonight, that’s what it means.” He said.

          “We know it’s sudden, but the nature club board members held this urgent meeting last night, and decided that it was better to quickly finish it off before the semester exam approaches. So we were told to prepare everything today and meet up at the train station tonight at seven thirty.” Chanyeol explained.

          Way to go. Now how can you tell Yoona whatever you’re going to tell her? I felt really frustrated. Not only wouldn’t I be able to confess to her, I was even going to be gone for three days. Thank you, nature club.

          “Don’t even think of skipping the camp. You know what happened to Yi Fan last year, don’t you?” Baekhyun narrowed his eyes. I sighed heavily. “Fine, I’m not going to skip it.” I blurted. “But seriously, tonight? We don’t have enough time to even prepare!”

          “Everyone’s disappointed about it. But actually, if we start preparing right after school, I think we can make it!” Chanyeol exclaimed. “We can take the preparation sheet and the three of us can do the shopping together, right?”

          “Yeah, that’s a nice idea!” Baekhyun broke into a grin. “Way to go, Yeol!” He high-fived the taller one. “You’ll go, right?” Then he turned to me. I nodded. “Yeah.” Thanks again, nature club. Now I wouldn’t even be able to drop by Yoona’s shop today.

 

  

          It was almost 5.00 in the evening and we were finally done with the shopping. The three of us were worn out.

          “I’m so hungry…” Baekhyun panted.

          “I need something to eat.” Chanyeol groaned as his stomach growled.

          I was hungry too. We left for shopping without even having our lunch. Moreover, all that walking had got us starving to death.

          “Luhan ah… Let’s buy something.” Baekhyun said. “We’re near the library, are there any restaurants around here?” He looked around.

          “Im’s Food World!” Both Baekhyun and I exclaimed together.

 

          “Welcome to Im’s Food- Luhan!” Yoona was surprised when she saw me among the three of us. I smiled at her. “Hi.”

          Yoona looked at my friends and smiled sweetly. “Annyeong.” Baekhyun and Chanyeol dreamily replied. “Annyeong~”

          “Take your seats please. I’ll be here in a while to take orders.” Yoona offered. “We want to pack the food for ‘take away’.” I said. “We do not have that much time, that’s why.”

          “Yeah. Three coffees and three sandwiches, please!” Chanyeol said as he and Baekhyun sank down on two of the chairs. “Yes, they’ll be ready in a few minutes.” Yoona smiled and walked to the counter and I followed her.   

          “Jongin’s not here today?” I asked and Yoona nodded. “He said that he has someone to meet up with, and that he’ll see me later.” She said.

          “I see.” I said. “Hey Yoona.” She glanced at me. “About what I said today… I’m sorry I can’t meet up with you tonight.” Yoona frowned. “Why?”

         I told her about the camp and she frowned in annoyance and disbelief. “Really? But I was so eager to know!” She complained. “Why don’t you tell it now?” I shook my head. “I’ll tell you after I’m back.”

         “But that’s three days later!” She said.

          “So wait until three days.” I wondered why she was so impatient on knowing what I had to say. Yoona pouted. “Fine. I’ll wait, but you better not delay it again!” I nodded. “I won’t.”

          After a while, Sehun came with our food and I thanked him before taking it. “Thanks, Sehun.” I smiled and he did too. “See you both again soon.”

      

          “Waaaah, Luhan. She’s such a beauty! Why wasn’t I born to be you?” Chanyeol said, smacking my head a little while we were walking back home.

           “What are you talking about?” I knew what he was talking about.

          “Yoona ssi! I’m talking about Yoona ssi!”

          “Forget it, Chanyeol. Even I couldn’t get a chance because of Luhan.” Baekhyun teased and I rolled my eyes. “You guys speak as if she’s already my girlfriend.”

           “Of course! We know that you want it to be that way too.” He said, nudging me with his elbow as I ignored him. “Hey, Luhan. If you like her, don’t resist asking her out okay? You’re not that bad looking, to be honest. She might say yes.” He said and I rolled my eyes again. “Right.” 

          Only if she isn’t Jongin’s when I return.

 

 

          There was a letter waiting for me back at home.

 

          Dear Son,

                    I’m sorry, Luhan. I don’t even get to see you or talk to you like a father should. Yet all I do once in a while is hurt you. I might once again hurt you, son, so I apologize for that sincerely. I’m sorry. I hope you forgive me.

          With love,

          Dad

 

          “Nonsense.” I muttered to myself before crumpling the letter and throwing it into the trash bin.

 

 

          While I was in the train that night, Yoona sent me a text.

          Have a safe journey, Luhan :) –Y

 

          I smiled. Why does it sometimes feel as if she really liked me back?

          Thanks. You’ll wait to hear what I have to say, right? Take care. Good night :) –L

 

           Sure. I’ll be waiting patiently for that. Good night~ –Y

 

**********************************************************************************

 

A/N:

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting!~ ^^
Hope you enjoyed the chapter :D *cough* It's long, I know v__v
Annyeong!~ ^^