For The One I Hold Dearest (1)

Nautical Miles Of Sky

(Auhor POV)

 

          All the way home, Luhan was feeling nothing but insecure, and he suddenly wanted to really find a way to make sure that Yoona was always safe. Although he knew that Jongin would be there with Yoona almost all the time, he couldn’t let something happen to her while she was home or away from Jongin, him and Sehun.

          What Luhan wanted was Yoona’s phone number, and he was feeling helpless when he met the neighbor kids that loved Yoona, on the street. The eldest girl in the group was the one who gave it to him.

  

          As soon as Luhan reached home, he contacted the girl, hoping that she was fine.

          “Hello.” The angelic voice spoke from the other line.

          “Hi Yoona. It’s me and-“ Yoona hung up before Luhan could finish what he was saying. He was confused as he called her once again. This time she didn’t pick up. He called again. No answer.

          Luhan sighed heavily. Why did she hang up? Was she angry with him? But she shouldn’t have been sure that it was even Luhan who had called. In the end, the boy decided to send a text.

 

          Yah, why did you hang up? It’s me, Luhan. Are you mad at me? I need to tell you something so please don’t ignore my calls –L

 

          To his relief, Yoona called him a few moments later.

           “Hi Luhan! I’m sorry I hung up, I never knew your number and I thought you were some creepy person. Mianhae.” She chuckled through the phone. “So, what made you call me? Hey, who on earth gave you my number?”

          “I met your kids today and the eldest one seemed to know it. Uh, I just… I just wanted to know whether you’re home safe.” Luhan said, wondering whether it’d be a good idea to let her know about the person. “Are you with Kai now?”

          "Who are you calling my kids?" She muttered. “Kai has left. I’m at home now.” Then she spoke a little quietly.  “You wanted to know whether I’m safe? Why?”  Luhan noticed the curiosity in her voice.

           “I… Um…” The boy didn’t know how to put it into words. “I think you’re being watched closely, Yoona.” He said. “I’ve noticed it. And… I want you to be careful and safe, at home and outside too.”

          “Actually, I’ve noticed something like that too. I told Kai about it, and he said not to worry. He said that nothing will happen to me and that he was apparently just a normal person and not a spy.” Yoona said.

           Luhan wasn’t so sure whether to believe everything was fine. He did see the person, twice. But then again, he might be mistaken too. Maybe was too worried about Yoona. All those days, she was safe as usual.

          “I see. That’s a relief.” Luhan said with a gasp. “So, that was all I wanted to say. Still, be careful okay? I’m hanging up now.”

          “Luhan, wait.”  Yoona suddenly said.

          “Yeah?”

          “Will you go to the beach tonight? Kai will also come.”

           Luhan pursed his lips. He was being invited as the third party, again. He liked watching stars when it was just the two of them.  He didn’t want to sit there awkwardly when Jongin and Yoona did all the talking. He didn’t like that. He wanted to talk to Yoona and share his time with her, with just the two of them.

          “No… I don’t think I’ll go.” He answered, hoping that Yoona would understand. “I’m feeling really sleepy and I just want to sleep.” He said. “Thanks, though.”

         “I really want you to go.” Luhan didn’t understand why Yoona insisted him to join them every time. He didn’t even talk even while having ice cream earlier. What fun was it being with him?

           “I’m sorry.” He apologized.

           “It’s okay.” Luhan noticed the gloom in her voice. “Luhan?”

           “Hmm?”

          “You’ll come to our shop tomorrow to meet us, won’t you?” She asked.

           Somehow, the fact that Yoona liked him being around made Luhan very satisfied. She was even being a lot gentler with him. Maybe… Just maybe… She had feelings for him like he had for her?

          “Sure, I will.”

           “Thanks.”

           “For what?” Luhan asked.

           “For everything.”

 

 

 

     (Luhan POV)

 

          That night in my dream, the one I saw was not my mother, but a girl in a white dress with long dark hair. She was facing her back to me, and stretching her arms to the sky, as if she was begging to be taken to the stars.

        

          “Annyeonghaseyo.” I greeted before entering the shop, something I didn’t do lately. The first thing that I met was Yoona’s bright face smiling widely at me in delight. “LUHHHHHAAAAAANNNN!!!!!” She shouted out, enough to surprise all the customers inside. Before I could even react, she grabbed my arm and dragged me to the counter, where Jongin and and Sehun were staring at us, blinking.

           “Hi.” I said shortly at both of them as they greeted me back.

          “Luhan, we’re going to eat Samgyeopsal after closing the shop a little earlier today. Kai said that the nearby store sells yummmmmmy Samgyeopsal!” Yoona could barely catch her breath with the excitement as she explained their plans to me.

          “Choding ah, it’s Ddukbokki, not Samgyeopsal.” Jongin said, chuckling as Yoona blinked. “Oh. Yes. Ddukkbokki. We’re going to eat Ddukbokki. You’ll come, right?” She looked at me with pleading eyes. I glanced at Jongin who was looking back at me, his lips pursed into a tight smile.

          “W-Will Sehun come?” I could see Sehun glance at me. Yoona nodded quickly. “The three of us are going. Come on, Luhan! Pleeeeeaase say you’ll go!”

            When she thought that I might refuse, she started attacking me with her irresistible aegyo. In the end, I decided to accept the very desperate invitation. Even Sehun was going, so why refuse a Ddukbokki treat?

           “Okay, I’ll go.” I said finally, and Yoona started skipping around, drawing the attention of each and everyone in the shop. “Yaaaaaayyy!!!!”

          “Stop it, Yoongie. Everyone’s looking at you.” Sehun muttered and she stopped her celebration. Blushing a little, she started fiddling with her fingers cutely. “S-Sorry. I was just happy that Luhan agreed…” She glanced at me and I almost blushed as well. She was that happy that I agreed to go. Were my thoughts really right?

           I was feeling indeed overjoyed from the inside, but I could clearly see that Jongin’s smile was totally a masked one, and that he was feeling down on the inside.

          What was Yoona to Jongin?

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

A/N:

I know it's short, but i decided to break this chappie into two parts ^^ I'll update the second part soon...
I'm a lazy bum these days, mianhae~ xD
As usual, enjoying, commenting and subscribing is appreciated :D
Kamsamnida!~