Tell Me More About You

Nautical Miles Of Sky

    (Author's POV)     

 

          Luhan was staring out of the balcony, lost into a deep thought. He was looking up at the sky full of stars and was wondering whether or not he would go to the beach to watch the stars with Yoona that night. He didn’t really feel like going anywhere after receiving the letter, but he also thought that going somewhere would be a good way to sweep the uncomfortable thoughts away from his mind.

          ‘I guess I’ll go then.’ He thought to himself before going back inside to grab his jacket and head to the beach.

 

 

          As Luhan walked nearer to the beach, a smile crept up on his lips as he saw the back view of the beautiful girl, as usual, sitting on the sand all alone. However, as he got closer, he could see that she was holding a little notebook and reading something out of it.

          “Ahem.” Luhan cleared his throat and the oblivious girl immediately looked up at him, away from the notebook. In a second, Yoona’s lips were curved into a wide grin. It looked like she was suddenly very happy. “Hey, Luhan!” She greeted.

          Luhan took a seat beside her and looked at the sky. “They’re as bright as ever again tonight.” He said with a smile. He looked at the notebook in Yoona’s hand. “What’s that?”

          “Oh my god, haven’t you ever seen a notebook?” Yoona rolled her eyes.

          “I have. What I meant was, “What are you reading from that notebook?””

          Yoona showed the page on the little notebook that she was reading. Luhan’s eyebrows shot up.

          “What’s my name doing there?” He observed his name written on the page neatly with amusement. Yoona giggled. “I didn’t want to forget it and annoy you again, so I wrote your name to learn it.” She said, her eyes glimmering beautifully. “I wasn’t expecting you to come, but here you are.”

          “I had nothing to do at home.” Luhan said, smiling. Then his smile turned into a mischievous smirk as he tilted his head to look at Yoona. “But hey. Were you looking forward for me to come?” He asked teasingly. Yoona scoffed, looking away. “Not exactly.” She said.  “I baked some cookies at home today for the neighborhood kids and there were some left so I thought I’d bring them for you to have a taste. If you didn’t come, I would have to go home with them.” She said.

          “Hey, So I’m just a substitute trash bin huh?” Luhan fake-complained. “I get the left over.”

          Yoona stuck out her tongue at him. “Be grateful. Not everyone get to taste my cookies.” She said proudly.

          “Pshh… Are they really that good?” Luhan asked, enjoying the other’s company. Yoona nodded, reaching out for her backpack and taking out a pink container full of chocolate cookies. “I’m famous among the kids as the ‘Cookie Yoong’.” She said, pursing her lips and closing her eyes proudly. “They all love my baking.”

          “Is that it?” Luhan grinned. “Let’s see how good ‘Cookie Yoong’ is in baking.” He took a cookie from Yoona and bit on it.

           ‘Waaah, it tastes amazing.’

          Yoona was watching Luhan eat with a smile, and just by his face, she could tell that he liked them. “You like them, don’t you?” She said. Luhan finished the cookie and his lips. “Mmmm, they aren’t that bad…” He said as the girl pouted. “So rude. Your face was screaming ‘It’s soooo delicious’ while you were eating it.” She said.

          “Honestly they were good.” Luhan smiled. “’Cookie Yoong’ deserves the name.” He didn’t notice the shyness Yoona felt from inside at that remark.

 

          “So, Luhan.” Yoona asked after a while. “Is watching the stars boring for you or what? You seem to come every night now, do you enjoy it?” Luhan looked at the girl with a smile.

          “I don’t really stargaze and all. But since a couple nights ago, I think I’ve grown a liking to watching them.” He said. “And I even have a someone to talk with, although she’s a little dorky.” Yoona rolled her eyes at that. “Whatever.”

          “So… mind telling me more about you?” Luhan asked as Yoona glanced at him. “Huh?”

          “We’re friends, right? Friends tell each other stuff.” He said, grinning. Yoona thought for a while. “Mhmmm…. What do I even have to tell about myself?”

          “You have been living a life haven’t you?” Luhan asked. “There should be something in it that you can tell me about.”

          Yoona nodded. “Um, I’m Im Yoona, and I am a seventeen year old very normal type of girl.” She said, making Luhan laugh a little. “My hometown in Busan, and I was fatherless when I was born.” Luhan listened very carefully from then onwards. “As you already know, my mom was an trainee cosmonaut and now she’s no longer here either. Then I came here to Seoul an year ago with Sehun, and honestly I like it here.” She finished.

          “Your father died?” Luhan asked as Yoona stared at the ground. She gasped, biting her lip and shaking her head. “He’s alive. He left mom before I was born.”

          ‘Her father left her mother too?’ Luhan was surprised.

          “I see.” Luhan said.

          “But I was fortunate to be looked after by someone.” Yoona wanted to continue and Luhan listened. “He was the person who loved my mom. I rarely saw him, but he gave money to me and allowed me to continue my studies here.”

          “You must be thankful to that person.” Luhan smiled and Yoona did too. “Of course I am.” She said. “But now I feel like I have my own responsibility. He built the food shop for me and sent me here with Sehun, and it’s been a year since I haven’t seen him or heard from him.”

         “Oh.” Was all Luhan said.

         “I’ll keep that shop no matter what.” Yoona smiled widely. “I feel really glad that Sehun’s helping me with it. If not, I’d be dead by now.” She chuckled.

          “Um, Yoona.” Luhan’s curiosity couldn’t be held back anymore. “What kind of… um, relationship do you have with Sehun hyung?” He asked, clearing his throat. Yoona stared at him for a long time and Luhan was starting to feel uneasy. “H-Hey, I’m not curious or anything… I just wanted to ask…”

         “Sehun is my cousin.” Yoona said with a laugh. “He needed a job too, so he decided to come with me.” Then she frowned and looked at Luhan again. “Wait, why do you call him ‘hyung’?” She asked. Luhan shrugged. “Why? He told me he’s eighteen.” He said.

          Yoona face-palmed. “That jerk.” She muttered. “He likes deceiving people like that.”

          “What do you mean?” Luhan was frowning too.
          “He’s an year younger than me, Luhan.” Yoona laughed. “He just looks really mature so he likes to say that he’s older than his age.” Luhan felt like twisting Sehun’s neck the next time he saw him. ‘So that was why that idiot was laughing back then when I said goodbye.’

          “Sorry.” Luhan muttered and suddenly, Yoona elbowed him a little. “Hey.” She said. When Luhan looked at her, she wiggled her eyebrows teasingly. “Were you jealous or something?”

          “No!” Luhan immediately protested, blushing. He actually was a little too curious to know how these two were so close, but he definitely was NOT jealous. And after all, Sehun was younger than them so why be? “Why should I be jealous?”

          “I was joking, you pabo.” Yoona was laughing her stomach off. “You took it too seriously.” She said, tears forming in the corner of her eyes.

          “Whatever.” Luhan said and stood up. “I’m leaving.” He said.

          “What? Already?” Yoona pouted.

          “Yeah, I feel sleepy.” Luhan said. “You should leave soon too. It’s scary around here at night.”

          “Tch… Because of you, I couldn’t even watch the stars tonight.” The girl said, showing off frustration.

          “Yeah, yeah… You totally didn’t enjoy my company tonight.” Luhan rolled his eyes.

         “I was frustrated inside, okay?” Yoona said, looking away. Luhan silently chuckled at how arrogant the latter was.

          “Fine then. I guess I’ll just stop coming here.”

         “N-No! It’s not… It’s not that boring talking to you.” Yoona murmured, fiddling with her fingers shyly. “I… I don’t mind if you come again…” Luhan laughed. ‘She’s such a tough-actress.’ He thought.

          A wide smile was playing on Luhan’s lips as he skipped his way into his house. He was finding Yoona more approachable and closer each day. Maybe, just maybe he liked her a bit. Or maybe he liked her a bit more. And he was sure that Yoona felt a little opened with him too.

         And he was having a feeling that his liking towards her would continue to grow mysteriously.

 

 

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

A/N:

Annyeong!~ ^^

So I'm back after spending tiresome days through the exam disaster v_v '

*Sigh*

I'm sorry.... ;~; I know this chappie is short and stupid and everything... Jongmal Mianhae.. ;~;

I hope you forgive me this time and just comment and subscribe~
I love you all!~ ^^