Do You Feel The Way I Do?

Nautical Miles Of Sky

(Author POV)

 

          Don’t let him snatch Yoona away…

          ‘Snatch Yoona away?’

 

          Luhan got a phone call from Donghae that evening.

          “Hello?”

          “Luhan ah.” Donghae spoke. “There will be some papers in a big envelope inside the living room book shelf. Can you go and give that envelope to Eunhyuk as soon as possible? He said that he’d be at home by now.” Luhan searched the book shelf and took out the envelope. “Did you find it?”

          “Yeah, I’ve found it.” He said to Donghae. “So, right now I’m supposed to give this to Eunhyuk hyung?”

          “If you’re not busy, yes. The sooner the better.”

          “Nae hyung, I’m going straight away. Bye.” Luhan hung up and walked out of the house, heading to where Eunhyuk, who was Donghae’s best friend and partner lived.

           Right after Luhan’s second ring, the door opened and Eunhyuk’s head popped out. Luhan bowed a little. “Annyeonghaseyo, Eunhyuk hyung.”

          “Oh, Luhan ah.” The cheerful man smiled, looking at Luhan and then at the papers. “That was fast. I just called Donghae.” He said a little shocked. Luhan smiled shyly and scratched his head. “I… Hyung told me to come as soon as possible.” He murmured, handing the envelope to Eunhyuk.

          “Thank you, Luhan. Do you want to come inside?”

           “Oh, no. Thank you. You must be busy, hyung. I will leave now.” Luhan refused as the latter laughed humorously. “If you say so, then.”

          “See you later, hyung.”

          “Bye, Luhan. You too.”

 

 

          As the brown haired boy strolled, he wondered about Yoona. What might she be doing right then? Where might she be?

           Luhan sighed helplessly. He felt so bored. Usually at this time of the day since recently, he would be messing around with Yoona and Sehun in their shop. It was enjoyable and fun for Luhan, and he was really happy that he found a way to fight with his boredom.

          Moreover, he missed Yoona, honestly. He missed seeing her face already, seeing her smile and hearing her voice. Luhan couldn’t hold it anymore, he needed to see the girl. He decided to drop by at Yoona’s shop at least for a little while.

          Luhan didn’t have to walk so far to catch the sight of Yoona. A smile of victory and relief appeared on his lips when he saw her sitting on a bench, swaying from side to side with an adorable pout. Luhan ran towards her. “Yoona!”

          As soon as she saw him, she looked a little taken aback. “Luhan!” She called out, breaking into a grin. What made Luhan more elated was the sudden joy he found on the girl’s face as just when she knew it was him who called her. Luhan stopped near the bench and tried to catch his breath.

          “What are you doing here, Luhan?” She asked, tilting her head to a side and smiling sweetly.

           “I was coming from my cousin’s friend’s house.” He answered, smiling back. “What are you doing here? Is the work over for today?” Yoona nodded and pointed somewhere, while Luhan turned his head to see.

            Jongin…

           “Jongin told me that he wanted to eat ice-cream with me for celebrating our reunion.” Yoona chuckled. Luhan just smiled a little. “I see.”

           “Oh, how about you join us?” She asked and Luhan shook his head a little, glancing at Jongin who had already seen them. “No… I’ll pass. It’s your reunion so you both can enjoy it.” He said, trying to sound as cool as possible. Yoona frowned and pouted. “But I want you to join us too, Luhan.” She whined childishly. “Come on, it’s our treat. Say yes, say yes, please please please. Don’t you even want to eat ice-cream?” She was practically pleading now. Luhan sighed. Of course he wanted to eat ice-cream, especially with the girl of his dreams, but there was this very weird insecurity that welled up inside him when he knew that it wasn’t just the two of them, but Jongin too.

          Yoona and Jongin were there in the first place. He didn’t want to become a thirdwheel.

 

          “I… I’d love to. But I…I just remembered that I have something to do back at home!” Luhan said quickly, hoping that Yoona would just let him leave. From the corner of his eyes, he could see Jongin approaching them.

          Yoona’s face of disapproval still remained.

           “I’m sorry-“

           “If you don’t join us, you’re gonna waste this, Luhan.” Luhan turned around to see Jongin standing there with the usual smile on his face, holding three cones of ice-cream.

            “You bought one for me too?” Luhan murmured in shock. Jongin shrugged with a smirk. “This is the only way we can make you stay.” (A/N: Did it rhyme just now? xD) He said as Yoona jumped up, celebrating. “Yaaay Kai! You’re a genius!” She yelled, then grabbed his ear and pinched it hard, startling Luhan to death. “You don’t want that darling to go to waste, do you? Now eat with us!”

          “Aaaaaah!!!” He yelled at the pain and grabbed her hand, trying to remove it from his ear. “Aaaah it hurts Yoona! Let go!”

           “Will you eat ice-cream with us?” Yoona threatened, pinching his ears harder. Luhan yelled out again. “Aaaaaah!!! Yes yes I will!! I will so please let go!!” He begged her and finally she left him alone. Wincing, Luhan his reddened ears. When he glanced at Jongin, he saw the latter looking at the ground, his expression a little different than before.

 

 

(Luhan POV)

 

          Was I mistaken, or did I really see Jongin’s face turning a little bit… dull?

          “Here.” Yoona took one cone from Jongin and extended it towards me cheerfully. “I hope you’re okay with chocolate flavor.” I nodded, smiling a little and accepting it. “Yeah, I’m okay with it.” I looked at Yoona and then at Jongin. “Thanks for letting me join.”

          Jongin nodded with a sweet smile. “You should be thanking Yoona.” He said, and then leaned a little closer to my ear. “If it was me, maybe I wouldn’t have invited you.” He said in almost a whisper, and leaned back to laugh at my shocked face. “I was kidding, Luhan-ah.” He said, patting my back as I let out a relieved sigh. For a while, I thought he was being serious.

          What if he was?

          We both turned to Yoona who was her ice cream like a little kid. She didn’t seem to hear our little conversation a moment ago. When she noticed us staring, she frowned. “Yah, stop staring and eat yours before they melt!” She snapped at us, as both I and Jongin exchanged glances with smug smiles on our faces.

          The three of us were walking on the streets, eating our ice creams in silence until we arrived at a park. “I want to swing!” Yoona exclaimed before running towards a swing and collapsing down onto it.

           ‘God, she looks like a little puppy.’ I chuckled in my mind.

          “Don’t you wanna swing?” Kai nudged me and walked over to the swing next to Yoona’s. He sat down on it and pointed at one more swing beside hers. I swallowed and forced myself to take a seat on it.

          ‘So there are three swings and Yoona’s sitting in the middle with Jongin and I on the sides. Great.’ I muttered inwardly. Things were getting just more awkward.

          “So, Choding ah.” Jongin was the one who spoke first.

          “Hmm?” Yoona hummed, swinging back and forth happily.

          “Did you, by any chance, see him?” He asked, looking at the girl. She glanced at Jongin. “Who?”

          Jongin shot a quick glance at me before fixing his gaze on Yoona again. “Mr…” He paused. “… Should I say your dad?”

          “Are you talking about Mr… Mr… What was his name again?” Yoona began pondering. “I remembered his name just a few days ago.” I saw Jongin sigh in relief. He smiled. “Yeah, I’m talking about Mister. Did you see him?” Yoona shook her head slowly. “Is he here in the city?” She asked quickly. Jongin chuckled. “I don’t know. I think he is around here though.” He said with a shrug.

           “I see.” Yoona pouted. “I don’t know if he’d even come to see me.” She said a little quietly as Jongin reached out to pat her hair. “Don’t worry Yoong. You may not know it, but he is watching you carefully.” He said, glancing at me again. I shifted uncomfortably in my position, unable to understand what Jongin meant behind his quick but deep glances and strange actions.

           “He is watching me?” Yoona tilted her head in confusion and Jongin nodded.

          “Yeah. He’s watching over you closely, choding. Don’t worry, he loves you a lot.” There was something behind Jongin’s words that I couldn’t hold a grip on. There was something… as if someone else was speaking the words from Jongin’s mouth. His expression was really strange, and I felt that he was trying to hide something from Yoona and I, but at the same time trying to tell us something.

          “That’s a relief then.” Yoona smiled.

 

 

           After minutes of awkward silence, I stood up from my swing. I turned to the best friends. “Um, I’ll be leaving first, I guess.” I smiled, clearing my throat. “Thanks for the treat, I really enjoyed it.” ‘Yeah, you enjoyed the awkwardness pretty much.’

          Yoona looked up at me and blinked. “Is your house far away, Luhan? If it’s close, we can walk together.” She said and I shook my head with an apologetic smile. “It’s okay, thanks. I’ll go by myself.” I said and looked at Jongin. “Thanks, Jongin.” He smiled and nodded. “Let’s hang out some other time again.” He said.

 

          I was shocked to see the familiar petite figure at a side of the block, folding his arms. The familiar petite figure was confirmed to be my best friend when I noticed the tall, very tall figure standing right beside him.

           “Baekhyun… Chanyeol…?” I stopped on my tracks. “What are you guys doing here?” I observed the extremely serious face of Baekhyun and the confused face of Chanyeol one at a time. Chanyeol shrugged. “We were just passing by the ice cream cart when Baekhyun saw you with that Yoona girl and one other dude. He didn’t really care at first, but then he said something and dragged me here, and we’ve been standing here like this for quite a while and I still don’t know why.” He said.

          “There was this weird man who was watching the three of you in the park the whole time.” Baekhyun murmured as I looked at him with complete shock. “What?” I looked around, but there was no weird person seen.

          “He was there a while ago.” Baekhyun sighed. “He was even wearing a hoodie.” He said. “I’m worried, man. Is he spying on you guys or what?”

          I frowned, remembering the day that I had noticed the strange figure near Yoona’s house. Was there really someone who was spying on either of us? But why should there be anyone doing that?

          “I don’t know.” I murmured. I just hoped that Yoona would be safe from whoever it was that was following her. Or maybe I needed to be more cautious about her.

************************************************

 

 

A/N:

I'm glad that it took a little less time than I expected ^^
Thank you for commenting, subscribing and supporting this fic!~
Please stay together with me everyone :) Saranghaeyoooo~ <3
Hope you like this chapter~ :D Annyeong~ <3