Dinner For Two?

Goodbye Summer

True love is friendship set on fire.

~~~

Sunyoung was fidgeting in front of the full length mirror, tugging on her dress a bit, tweaking on her hair a little, and all the while kept glancing at the clock on the wall.

6.57 pm.

She smoothed her hands down her mint colored dress for the umpteenth time. Her dress ended mid-thigh and sleeveless, the skirt was done in a flattering shape from waist down, and the neckline was cut in V-shaped, revealing a hint of cleavage. The thing Sunyoung loved the most about the dress was the delicate black lace embroidery on the neckline, waist and the hem of the skirt. It was really elegant, and she felt dainty just wearing it, something that always seemed elusive when it comes to her. She put on her coat as she kept looking back at the mirror, making sure there is nothing out of place. She wanted to look her best. Not for Jinki, she told herself. She just…wanted to look the part.

Sunyoung heard the doorbell rang, and she felt her heart jumped to . Absently she looked at the clock again and smiled a little. 7 o’clock sharp. Always punctual to a fault, that Jinki. Stealing one last glance at the mirror, she walked to the door with stilted steps. She was surprised to see her hand shook slightly as she reached for the doorknob. Taking a deep breath, Sunyoung gathered her courage and opened the door.

And then she felt the very breath she just took whooshed out of her lungs.

Jinki was standing in front of her door, one hand on the door jamb, the other in his pocket, his posture relaxed. In a black long trench coat, trousers and dress shoes, she thought he looks so…dashing. She raised her gaze and met his eyes to find he was staring at her with interest.

“Sunyoung.” He murmured smoothly, a small smile quirked his full lips.

Determined to match his cool mien, Sunyoung her dry lips and strove to greet him nonchalantly.

“Jinki.” She said simply, her tone matching his cool ones, when inside she was feeling anything but.

His smile grew as he acknowledged her greeting. He held out his arm, urging her to take it.

“Shall we go?”

Stunned, Sunyoung stared at his offered arm and blinked. Wondering when her childhood friend had grown into such a charming man, she blindly turned around to lock the door before hesitatingly took his arm. She jokingly said, “Well, I never knew you were such a gentleman, Jinki.”

He chuckled, the sound taking her back down the memory lane, when they were teens. If everything else changes, his laugh remains the same. He sounded just like that even when we’re kids. This made Sunyoung felt a little at ease, finding bits of familiar things in him again.

“I thought I’ve always behaved like a gentleman?” He looked at her teasingly as they went in the elevator.

Sunyoung snorted. “Not to me! You always treated me like I’m a boy.”

“I did not!” He countered, his expression mockingly surprised.

“Did too! You always tattled to my mom, because you know she just loves you more than her own daughter.” She rolled her eyes as Jinki grinned, remembering the old days.

“And you always ran away and left me alone when we’re walking back from school, because you just knew that I’ll get lost and then you’ll laugh at me while hiding behind some bushes as I yelled for you to come back.”

Jinki laughed outright as he nodded, acknowledging his past evil deeds with a glee.

“That’s true. But that’s just when we’re kids. After we’ve grown up, I stopped doing that.”

“Yes.” Sunyoung admitted, but then peevishly said, “But you’ll keep on teasing me until I screamed in frustration. I hated it.”

“Ah, it’s just for fun. I treated you better than anyone else, Sunyoung.” Jinki said as they reached his car. Then he let go of her and continued walking to the driver’s seat as he muttered. “Besides, I did that because I like you.  That’s how boys show affections to the girls they liked.”

Sunyoung froze with one hand on the door handle, shocked out of her mind. What did he just say? It can’t be…

“Yah!” Jinki’s voice pulled her back to reality. He had already got in the car and was opening the passenger’s door from inside.

“Aren’t you getting in?” He asked, one eyebrow arched as he looked up at her.

Seeing that he didn’t seem to act any differently after his ‘confession’, Sunyoung shook her head and decided that maybe he didn’t mean anything with those words. Maybe he’s just teasing me again.

Feeling a bit annoyed, she slide in the passenger seat and slammed the door shut.

“What’s got into you?” He grinned as he stared at her.

He’s definitely teasing me! That jerk.

“Nothing!” She crossed her arms, pissed now. “Drive, will you? I’m starving.”

---

They reached a swanky hotel, where the dinner will be held. Sunyoung almost leapt off her seat in her haste to get out of the confine of the car, suffocated with the pressing silence that had ensued by her irritation. She heard a snicker behind her, and whirled around to see Jinki clamping his lips together, as though swallowing back his laughter.

He handed the key to the jockey waiting, and went on to Sunyoung’s side. She jumped when she felt his hand on her arm, making him laugh again.

“Why are you so fidgety, Sunyoung? I told you I won’t bite.”

Sunyoung blushed. Even she didn’t know why she was so nervous like a jumpy rabbit. And it’s only Jinki, for God’s sakes! The same Jinki you used to bully and order around without hesitation. Though it was difficult to imagine her ordering him around now.

“I wasn’t!” She denied baldly, knowing what a lie it is. “I was just…shivering. It’s quite cold here, don’t you think? One would’ve thought a high class hotel like this will have a working heater. Maybe they’re cutting on the cost, that’s why it’s cold like in a cave here. Or maybe their heating system is faulty, and they – ”

“Sunyoung.”

“What?”

“You’re babbling.”

“Well, I’m…cold!” Turning away from his teasing stare, she exaggerated another shiver, rubbing her arms as though trying to warm herself.

“Your coat must not be thick enough. Do you want mine?” He moved as if he’s going to take off his coat.

“No, no!” Face red, Sunyoung shook her head and waved her hands frantically, trying to stop Jinki from undressing in front of her because she had grown quite warm at the thought of it. But Jinki ignored her and proceeded to completely took off his coat to reveal an impeccable black tux, silky white dress shirt and the black bowtie. Sunyoung had thought he was dashing before, but now he looks so good, that it hurts to just stare at him.

She looked away, unable to stand the sight of him because she was on fire now. “I told you not to take it off, Jinki! I don’t need it.”

“Well, I have to anyway. The hall is right over there.” He pointed to an opened double door, from which can be seen some formally dressed people going in and out of it.

“Oh.” Sunyoung mumbled, feeling like an idiot. Jinki led her to the registration counter to write their names, and then helped took off her coat before dropping it at the counter.

“You look beautiful.” Jinki murmured as he stared at her intently.

“T-Thank you.” Sunyoung mumbled, gulping at his intense staring. But at the same time, she was feeling glad that she took the time to dress her best. Every second she took in picking the right dress, in painstakingly putting on make-up in the hopes that her face will appear flawless, and even the slight pinching she constantly felt from the stilettos she’s wearing; all of it was worth it. Seeing his expression made it all worth it.

“Are you ready, Sunyoung?” Jinki asked as offered his arm to her again. Sunyoung took a deep breath and nodded, taking his arm.

“I’m ready.”

They entered the hall, and Sunyoung automatically gawked. Her eyes widened as she took in her surroundings. The theme for the dinner must be ‘Autumn’ or something like that, judging by the abundance of warm colors in the hall. The fusion of rusty reds, warm oranges and sunny yellows were beautifully spread all over the place. There are also a couple of artistically bronzed sticks arranged in some tall vase, scattered strategically in the dining hall. The floor was carpeted with fallen leaves of the autumn, making a slight ‘crunch’ every time someone stepped on it.

“Sunyoung…” Jinki whispered near her ear, making her shiver again for an entirely different reason. “You’re gaping.”

She snapped shut, reddening like the leaves on her feet. “Well, I told you I’m not used to this kind of place!” She whispered back vehemently.

“I know. I was just teasing.” He grinned. “You’re cute.”

She turned to face him, shocked. What’s going on here? Why does Jinki kept on teasing me? Is he trying to make me mad?

“Will you stop that? What’s wrong with you?”

“You’re fun to tease. I –” His words were cut off when the host of the dinner party went on to greet them. “Well Sunyoung, let’s mingle.”

---

They had wandered around the hall for awhile, stopping every now and then for Jinki to greet and socializes with people he knew. Sunyoung went along, making small talks and chats. It was easy for her, since she likes to socialize, and she was actually having fun. There’s just one tiny little thing that bothers her.

“Lee Jeonmu-nim, where’s Jinri-sshi? I thought you’d come with her.” Another person voiced the same question for the million times. It seems like everyone they met asked him the same question. Sunyoung inwardly rolled her eyes as Jinki gave the excuse for his girlfriend’s absence.

Sheesh, they must be so obvious to show that they’re dating. Or maybe they just plainly announced it to everyone. Tch, how unprofessional!

“You must be missing your girlfriend.” Sunyoung said bitterly when they were left alone again. Jinki raised his brow at the tone she used.

“Ah yes. I miss Jinri very much. I wish she’s here with me today.” He answered, deliberately provoking her. Sunyoung shot him a deadly glare, making him laugh.

Suddenly, someone grabbed on Jinki’s free arm. Startled, he whipped his head to face the newcomer.

“Jinki oppa!”

“Jinri?” Jinki widened his eyes in surprise as he stared at Jinri, who’s smiling at him. Then he frowned. “What are you doing here?”

“Looks like your wish just come true.” Sunyoung smirked insincerely at the stunned Jinki before greeting Jinri. “Annyeong haseyo, Jinri-sshi.”

Jinri beamed at her. “Annyeong haseyo, Park seongsaenim! So you’re the one Jinki oppa dragged to this dinner after I rejected him? I’m sorry for the inconvenience!”

Jinri apologizes as she hung on Jinki’s arm. Annoyed, Jinki shook her off.

“What are you doing here, Jinri?” He asked again.

Jinri blinked at his harsh tone, but otherwise she looks unaffected. “I came with Minho oppa, of course.” She gestured to somewhere behind her. Jinki glanced over her shoulder to find his boss ambling towards them, eyes solely on Sunyoung.

He didn’t like that.

“Minho,” Jinki said, moving to block Sunyoung out of Minho’s sight. He didn’t trust this playboy best friend of his. “What are you doing here? I already made excuses about your absence!”

Minho stopped to grin at the flustered Jinki. “It’s okay, I’ll make another excuse.” Then he casually walked around Jinki and come face-to-face with Sunyoung.

“You must be Park seongsaenim, I mean Park Sunyoung-sshi. I heard a lot about you. I’m Choi Minho, the CEO for ‘One World Oil & Gas Inc.’” He grinned wider at her.

“Oh, Choi Sajang-nim! It’s nice to meet you.” Sunyoung smiled back and bowed in greeting. When she straightened up, she found a hand out at her. Hesitantly she took Minho’s hand.

Instead of just shaking it, Minho bent his head and kissed the back of her hand, making Sunyoung blushed and pulled away her hand. He winked.

“I just thought that shaking hands with someone as beautiful as you are unsuitable somehow. It’s seems to be too masculine, don’t you think?”

Beside Sunyoung, Jinki was fuming. He walked forward, pushing Minho back a little, away from Sunyoung.

“What the hell are you trying to do, Minho?”

With a seemingly innocent expression, Minho widened his eyes. “What? I’m just greeting her.”

“This isn’t the freaking US! We don’t greet people like that in Korea and you damn well know that.”

“Okay, okay. Stop getting your in a bunch. Even Park Sunyoung-sshi wasn’t overreacting like you do.” Minho directed the question to Sunyoung. “Isn’t that right, Sunyoung-sshi? You didn’t mind, did you?”

Since the only polite respond will be a ‘No’, Sunyoung shook her head.

“See?” Minho smirked at Jinki smugly. “Don’t blame me if you’re jealous.”

“I’m not jealous!” Jinki spluttered, face coloring. “It’s just…it’s not proper!”

Minho was saved from answering when the dinner’s host approaches them. “Choi Sajang-nim! And Jinri-sshi too. What a pleasant surprise!”

“Ah, annyeong haseyo, Ji Sajang-nim! I hope you don’t mind we came unannounced. It’s just that our prior event was cancelled, and we decided that we just couldn’t miss your delightful annual dinner.” As Minho charmingly made an excuse, Jinki just barely manages to suppress his snort. What a load of rubbish! Minho will never voluntarily attend any event in his free time. I wonder what he and Jinri are up to. Those troublemakers can never be trusted.

“Of course not! We’re honored that you decided to come to our dinner anyway.” Ji Sajang-nim beamed at them.

“Thank you very much, that’s very kind of you.” Minho bowed in gratitude.

“Can I make a request, Ji Sajang-nim?” Jinri quipped, linking her arms around Jinki’s as she smiled at the older man. “Are there any free seats at your table? I would really like to sit with Jinki oppa.”

Ji Sajang-nim just laughed, falling for Jinri’s aegyo. He was also well aware that Jinri and Jinki are always together every time he met them at any social functions. He was actually surprised to find Jinki arriving at the dinner with someone else. “For you, Jinri-sshi, I’ll make an exception.”

“Thank you so much, Ji Sajang-nim!”

An uncomfortable Jinki was trying to free his arm from Jinri’s hold. “Jinri, I already have a date. Go and sit with Minho.”

“Eh, but I want to sit with you, oppa.” Jinri whined, making Jinki frowned in puzzlement. Sure, Jinri had many aegyo, but she usually wasn’t this clingy. What is going on?

“Minho oppa can sit with Sunyoung unnie.” Jinri turned to smile at a flustered Sunyoung. “I can call you Sunyoung unnie, right? Park seongsaenim is too formal, don’t you think?” Not waiting for an answer, Jinri continued. “Unnie, you wouldn’t mind sitting with Minho oppa, would you?”

Surprised by the casual way Jinri addresses her, and the fast speed in which she changed the direction of the conversation, a bewildered Sunyoung just muttered, “Err, s-sure…”

“It’ll be a pleasure to sit next to you, Sunyoung-sshi.” Minho grinned at her, and then his grin turned a little sly as he went on, “We can get to know each other even better.”

Knowing Minho the way that he does, Jinki was suspicious of that particular smile. “Wait a minute. Just what do you –”

“Oppa,” Jinri cut in before Jinki manages to finish his words. She tugged on his arm. “The ceremony is about to start. Let’s go to our place.”

Then she towed an unwilling Jinki with her, leaving the other two behind.

Sunyoung was glaring at the departing couple, feeling livid that Jinki was leaving her alone when he’s the one who dragged her all the way to this dinner. And all that just to be with his girlfriend, no less! What a jerk!

“Well, look like it’s just us two, Sunyoung-sshi.” Sunyoung almost jumped out of her skin as the deep voice sounded near her ear. She backed away from the smirking Minho, who was towering over her.

“Ah, y-yes. It would seem so.”

“Let’s go to our seat.” Minho gestured to the direction of their table. “After you, Sunyoung-sshi.”

---

“Oppa.”

Jinki just ‘hmm’ed in response, not looking away from Minho and Sunyoung, who was making their way to the table.

“They look good together, don’t you think?”

“What are you talking about, Jinri-ah?” Jinki fisted his hands at the sight of Minho casually holding Sunyoung’s arm to guide her way, barely managing to stop himself from flying off his seat and popped that bastard one. Damn it, keep your hands off her, Minho!

“Minho oppa and Sunyoung unnie! I think they’re good for each other, right oppa?” As Jinri’s cheerful voice finally penetrated through his hazy mind, he whirled around to gape at Jinri.

“What did you say, Jinri?”

“Tsk, oppa you’re not listening!” Jinri pouted as she slapped his arm in annoyance. Then she tapped her chin thoughtfully as she stared at the approaching couple.

“I’m thinking of pushing those two together.”

Suddenly it all made sense to Jinki. Their abrupt presence. Jinri’s clinginess. Minho’s eagerness in attending a company’s function. They’re matchmaking, Minho and Jinri. To make a match between Minho and Sunyoung.  Oh no. Hell no!

“No.” The word Jinki‘s been thinking left his mouth in a growl as he turned back to look at Minho and Sunyoung.

“Hm? Oppa did you say something?” Because he’s not looking at Jinri, he didn’t realize that Jinri was grinning as she voiced the question.

“No. No. Just no.” He hissed at Jinri as Minho and Sunyoung finally arrives at their table. He stood up and tugged Sunyoung away from Minho.

“Sunyoung, you’re sitting next to me.”

“Ouch! Fine, okay. Will you stop pulling on my arm? It hurts.” Sunyoung complained, not in the mood to deal with Jinki right then, because she still pissed that he left her and went with Jinri.

“Sorry.” He muttered as he released her arm and pulled out the chair for her. But his agitation grew as Minho took a seat on Sunyoung’s other side.

But before he can give that bastard friend of his a piece of his mind, the sound of the MC’s greeting can be heard, signaling the start of the dinner party.

Reluctantly he sat down, only managing in shooting Minho a deadly glare, which was reciprocated by the tall man with a cunning smirk.

---

Sunyoung subtly placed a hand over , stifling a yawn for God knows how many times. Her eyes watered slightly, and she blinks the moisture away. The incessant sound of people quietly conversing, and the louder, much clearer voice of the host’s giving the opening speech was lulling her into sleepiness. She knew it was rude of her to not pay attention, let alone yawning, but she can’t help it. Especially when the host keeps talking about things she didn’t understand. Like the good prospects of the reservoir rocks found at their newest excavation site, the promise shown by the ‘locks’ (that’s what she heard) on the presence of hydrocarbons, how the drilling almost caused a blown out and so on. She just lost it. I mean, if you didn’t understand a thing about the subject, how would you be interested?

Minho was conversing with the professional-looking woman on his other side. Judging by the way they were snickering quietly, Sunyoung hazarded a guess that their topic is not work-related. On her other side, Jinki was talking to Jinri, leaning his head close to hers to hear what she’s saying. Tch, freaking lovebirds. That left Sunyoung alone, with no prospective partner for a conversation. She can’t very well talk to the person sitting opposite her, since they’re too far away, not to mention there’s a table in the way.

Bored out of her wits, Sunyoung tried to focus once again to the speaker, but it’s just not working. She sighed.

When will the opening speech end?! He’s been talking for 20 minutes already, and there’s not sign that it’ll be ending soon. Gosh, I’m starving. I just want to eat and get out of here, as soon as possible.

She covered again as another yawn caught her.

“Bored, huh? I saw you yawning for like the twelfth time already.”

Sunyoung colored as she faced a smirking Jinki, head inclined to the side as he made the observation. She didn’t think he’d notice, not even aware that he’s been paying attention to her as he seemed to be so busy with Jinri.

“Well, I don’t want to be here. You forced me here, okay? Doesn’t mean I have to enjoy it.” She muttered defensively, keeping her voice low.

Jinki nodded, acknowledging her remark and throwing his gaze to the podium where the oblivious speaker stood.

“I didn’t say I blamed you. I’m bored myself.” He sighed tiredly, “The speech is taking too long.”

“Tell me about it.”

He turned to look at Sunyoung again, his stare contemplative. Then he cocked his head, and a small grin broke on his lips.

“Yah, let’s get out of here.”

Sunyoung widened her eyes in disbelief. “You mean, right now?”

When Jinki nodded, she continued in hushed tone. “Are you crazy? And I thought you say you must stay, as an obligation or something like that.”

“Well, Sajang-nim is here.” Jinki shrugged before grinning evilly. “Let him handle the dinner. He might as well do something useful after he crashed the party.” Serves him right, that pabbo Minho. I don’t know what he’s up to, but he better keep his distance from Sunyoung.

 “We can’t go now, it’s in the middle of the opening speech! The ceremony hadn’t even officially started!” Sunyoung looks around, scanning the area before turning back to Jinki. “It’s extremely rude.”

“Not when you know how to do it right.”

She stared at him for a while, before leaning forward conspiringly. If there’s a way to escape this boring dinner without breaking some social ethics, then she’s all for it. “What’s your plan?”

Jinki grinned. “Remember what we did to get out of the P.E. class?”

Sunyoung rolled her eyes as she settled back on her seat, feeling slightly disappointed. “That’s your plan? So childish, Jinki-ah.”

“Well, do you have a better one?”

She was shaking her head when Jinki continued his words. “Maybe you’re just afraid they won’t buy it? Lost your touch, haven’t you?”

She snorted and crossed her arms. “Please! It’s just that your plan is lame, Jinki.”

“Well, it’s the only plan we have. Come on, I know you can do this.” He smirked. “Show me what you got, Park Sunyoung.”

Sunyoung met his eyes straight on, noticing the challenge in them. She gave him a tiny nod. Oh, you’re on, Jinki. He just knew that I couldn’t refuse a dare. I hate it when he knows me so well.

She took a deep breath as she dropped her head, trying to work out an appropriate expression. Suddenly, she gasped, the sound pained and audible enough that some people on their table turned to look at her in surprise.

“Sunyoung-sshi?” She heard a concerned question coming from Minho. “Are you alright?”

She raised her head slowly, a slightly shaking hand touching her temple as she gave him a weak smile.

“Ah, I’m fine, Choi Sajang-nim. It’s just that…I don’t feel so well. I think my migraine had come back.”

“Migraine?”

“Yes, I have severe migraines sometimes. It just snuck out on me.” Sunyoung quietly said as she let out another pained moan. “Ouch, it feels like there are a thousand needles stabbing in my head now.”

Everyone around her nodded understandingly and murmured some nonsense as they commiserate with her pain.

“Ah, no no. The medicine won’t work.” Sunyoung shook her head as she refused someone’s offer of some Tylenol. “I think I just need some fresh air…”

Minho stood up and moved, as if he’s going to help her up. “Well, let me accompany you, Sunyoung-sshi. I could use –”

“No.” Jinki cut him off forcefully, glaring at Minho. “I’ll take care of my date. You just watch over yours.”

“You can keep Jinri’s company as I help Sunyoung-sshi. You seemed to be preoccupied with her.”

“You’re the one who brought her here! Besides, she can take care of herself. I –”

Sunyoung face palmed as Minho and Jinki continued to argue above her. Sigh, men. Always fighting even over the smallest thing. If this continues, I might actually get a real headache.

“Aigo, my head!” She groaned again, trying to break off the argument and get Jinki back on track with their plan. It worked as both men shut up and stared down at her.

“Jin…I mean, Lee Jeonmu-nim. Could you please take me out for awhile? I’m feeling dizzy.” She held out a hand to grip Jinki’s arm.

“Yes, of course.” He helped her off her seat and addresses the host’s wife. “I’m so sorry about this, but could you tell the host that we’ll have to leave? Thank you.” He smiled as the older lady nodded, eyes concernedly on Sunyoung.

Quietly they left their seat, and Jinki put his arm around her waist as if to support her.

“Nice one, Sunyoung. I think everyone fell for that.” Jinki whispered close to her as they made their way to the exit.

Sunyoung smirked, pleased. “Well, I am talented in acting.”

“Yeah, I saw that. It seems like you still haven’t lost your touch. Everyone –”

“Jinki, watch out!”

But it was too late. Jinki had rammed his side to one of the table with the tall vase ornament, and they watched in horror as the vase toppled and breaks into a thousand pieces on the floor with a loud crash.

“Oh, .” Jinki cursed.

They both froze as they felt all eyes on them, knowing just how guilty they looked right now. Thinking quickly on how to salvage the situation without furthering humiliating themselves, Sunyoung whispered to Jinki.

“Catch me.”

He let out a puzzled “Huh?” as he stared at her, when she started to sway slightly. Apprehension immediately dawned to him as he caught Sunyoung just as she started to fell back.

“My date fainted!” He yelled unnecessarily as he lifted Sunyoung up in his arms. “Could someone get the door for me?”

A couple of the hotel staff, who were standing by around the hall immediately thrown open the door, and some even went to help Jinki carrying Sunyoung.

“Should we call the ambulance?”

“No, no. I’ll send her myself, it’ll be faster that way. Someone get me my car and our coats. It’ll keep her warm.”

His car arrived as they went across the main lobby, and Jinki placed Sunyoung at the back seat and threw the coats over her. Refusing some of the offers to accompany him, he ran to the driver’s seat and immediately drove away.

There’s only the sound of his heavy breathing for awhile as the hotel fade away from his view, but later on there’s something else. Coming from the backseat, he can hear the sound of laughter.

“Oh, God. That was so funny, Jinki-ah!” Sunyoung exclaimed between her laughter as her head popped up from the backseat, her hair in disarray after being unceremoniously dumped in the seat.

Jinki laughed to as he pulled over by the roadside, unable to concentrate on the road. He slumped back on his seat as relief and humor collided at the same time. “Yeah, totally funny! Nice save there, Sunyoung! That was genius.”

“Yeesh, that’s entirely your fault!” She smacked him on his arm, “You should be more careful!”

 “Ouch! Okay, sorry!” Jinki grimaced as he leaned away from her, afraid that she’ll hit him again. Then he snickered again, and she joined in as well. After their laughter died down, Sunyoung asked a question.

“So, what now?”

“Well, we still haven’t had dinner yet, right? Where do you want to go?”

“You’re buying, Jinki?” Sunyoung cocked her head to the side as she looked at him contemplatively, smiling a little.

Jinki shrugged. “Sure. I’ve promised you, haven’t I? And it’s my fault that we left the dinner party so hastily.”

Sunyoung’s smile grew. “Then I know just the place.”

---

Inside the ballroom, after the commotion had died down, the spectators settled back in their respective seats, still talking about what had just happened. The sight of Lee Jeonmu-nim and his date’s dramatic exit was the highlight of the event, and it’ll be the talk of the town for a few weeks to come.

After seeing his best friend driving off with Sunyoung-sshi, Minho went back inside the dining hall and go on to sit beside his sister, who held out her hand at him.

He grinned as he lightly slapped it, giving her a subtle high-five.

“Good job, oppa!” Jinri quipped cheerfully, beaming at him.

Minho smiled back as he muttered, “It’s all your plan, Jinri. I never thought it’ll work out so well. That exit has to be epic.”

“Of course. This is Choi Jinri we’re talking about.” An obviously smug Jinri flip her hair back. “Well, one thing I know for sure oppa, jealousy never fails.”

---

A/N: I have an announcement to make. This will be the last chapter I’ll update before I went on a mini-hiatus.

Yes, I know I said I won’t do it, but I really can’t. Too much things are going on right now. I’m a final year student, and I need my full concentration to complete my studies, huhu~

I’m so so sorry… T.T

But I’ll come back in a few months, okay? Please wait for me!

I’ll update one last chapter for ‘Runaway’ and ‘Dark Angel’ too before going on hiatus.

That’s it from me. Thanks, as always for subscribing, commenting, upvoting and for reading my stories. I love you all, like seriously! Till then, annyeong~