Chapter Twenty One

Method to My Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

YUNHO POV

 

I peeked from behind the post as I see Hyun ae walk out the gates of their house as she fiddled with her phone with a huge frown clearly etched on her beautiful face.

I miss her.

My heart is about to burst as I am tempted to scoop her into my arms and erase the sadness obviously written all over her face. But I have to endure and spare some time to do it correctly.

As much as I wanted to follow her, like what I used to do, I took liberty to let her go and strode my way towards Hyun ae’s house. I was greeted by halmoni’s warm smile as soon as I step in front of their gate, as if anticipating my arrival even before I got there.

“Yunho sshi.” She greeted. “It’s been a while. Would you like to have some tea?”

I nodded as I felt my pulse took a notch higher, leaving my throat dry and aching for water. “Is harabeoji inside? I would like to talk to both of you if that’s alright?”

She smiled.

I followed halmoni watching my step as my knees tremble, trying hard not to stumble down from nervousness. I found harabeoji sitting quietly by his plants drinking his coffee as he cruise around reading the morning paper. As he looked up, a gentle smile spread on his face as he motioned me to sit with him, his hands gesturing intensely. “Yunho sshi. I am wondering how you are. Come here and sit with me.”

“I will get a cup of tea for you Yunho sshi.” Halmoni was about to leave us when I tried stopping her by calling her last minute. “Halmoni. I’m sorry. But can you please spare me a few minutes with harabeoji?”

Halmoni nodded, smile not leaving her lovely face. I catch amusement in harabeoji’s eyes as I pushed a chair for halmoni before I comfortably took my own in front of them.

“Omo, yeobo. Yunho sshi is serious.” Halmoni chuckled as she pat harabeoji’s knees.

My thoughts drifted on how they shared a bond far greater than I could imagine and daydreamed about the same intensity of trust and commitment I could offer to the girl I will love for the rest of my life. If heaven would permit me, I was kind of hoping I could have this kind of love with her. Their granddaughter.

Harabeoji held onto halmoni’s hand as he looked straight into my eyes searching for reasons about my intrusion early in the morning. “What is it Yunho-sshi”

 

I trembled but I started with acknowledging the strength he gave me a few weeks back. “Thank you harabeoji. Thank you halmoni”

I saw him wrinkle his nose and she chuckled in delight.

“Thank you because you gave me the courage to face the truth. By giving me your favorite bonsai I had come to realize a lot of things.” I stopped and bowed. “Harabeoji, halmoni, I am thankful for your presence in my life right now and my sincerity is beyond measure.”

They both nodded as they approved of what I am saying pleased with themselves at the praises I am bestowing them.

“ I am not running away anymore.” I said as my voice cracked in nervousness. That gained curious glances from the couple. I swallowed hard attempting to lessen the dryness of my throat as I croaked out something inaudible in human ears. “Iwouldliketodateyourgrandddaughter.”

Halmoni and harabeoji looked at me blankly trying to decipher the meaning behind my alien words.

“Come again Yunho sshi? What did you just say?” halmoni asked as she furrowed her brows.

I sighed, controlling my nervousness. I know my heart is about to leap out my throat as I tried to say the words again, now slower and clearer for them to hear.

“I.. would like..” I stuttered as I clasped my hands together, clenching it harder so that it could warm the coldness of my body. “I.. I.. would like..”

They stared at me affectionately grasping every word I try to blurt out.

“I.. I would like to.. dibs.. with Hyun ae.”

I saw harabeoji’s mouth hang open as halmoni’s laughter echoed in the previous silence of the house.

“Dibs with Hyun ae?” harabeoji asked curiously as he grinned with halmoni. “What do you mean by that? Money claims you mean?”

‘It didn’t sound right! Pabo Yunho!’ I mentally smacked myself.

I shook my head as felt my cheeks and ears heat up from embarrassment.

“I didn’t know you have business with Hyun ae?” harabeoji asked curiously still chuckling softly with his wife.

My face is flushed but my breathing steadied as I gave a huge sigh before trying to say it again. “I would like to date Hyun ae. I hope to receive your blessings and guidance.”

Laughter was replaced by eerie si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter