Chapter Eighteen

Method to My Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 18

 

Narrator’s POV

 

Yunho started emptying his pockets. He circled the car and checked the ground as he continued on walking around trying to find something.

 

“Oppa, are you alright?”

 

“I think I just lost the car keys.”

____

 

“Mwoh,” Hyun ae gasped now helping Yunho trying to find the car keys as she examined the grounds. “Oppa, Can you remember when was the last time you saw it?”

Yunho, wiped the drops of sweat from his forehead as he continued to loop right and left trying to recall his actions.

 

 *Flashback*

Yunho drove as fast as he could as he reached the familiar road in front of him. He immediately pushed his way out of the car and ran to the direction where he first saw Hyun ae. “I must get there fast,” thinking of Hyun ae’s last encounter with the thugs. Yunho took a few steps when he stopped on his tracks and went back to the car. “I must at least bring a weapon with me.”

He opened the boot of the car scrutinizing Jaejoong’s things. He saw two pairs of boots, a weird looking teddy bear beside a hello kitty plushie, a small bag with a mirror inside and a badminton racket. Yunho grimaced at what he saw. “What is BooJae thinking? What are these things?”

Yunho looked at it intently, finally deciding on the badminton racket. “This will do” he said as he swiftly moved away from the car.

*End of Flashback*

 

Wide eyed, Yunho stood immovable his eyes wide with shock as he remembered what happened.

“Oppa?” Hyun ae asked him worriedly.

“I left it at the boot of the car.” He replied with a nervous laugh rubbing the back of his neck.

“Wae?” Hyun ae asked. “Ottoke? What are we going to do now oppa?”

Yunho saw how disappointed Hyun ae is and mentally scolded himself, ‘Way to go Yunho. How can you tell her about how you feel in the middle of this?’ he reached down on his pockets and grabbed his phone. “Don’t worry, I’ll try to call Jaejoong and ask for his spare key.”

She nodded.

Yunho dialed Jaejoong’s number and waited for him to answer. After a few rings his voicemail echoed on his ears. “Hello, this is Kim Jaejoong. I am probably busy right now, if you’re my girlfriend; don’t worry I’m not cheating on you. If you’re one of my admirers, I wonder how you got my number. If you’re not a girl please hang up. Other than that I’ll try to call you later. Arasso? BEEEEEP”

“Maybe I should try again.” I told Hyun ae as she saw me pushed the end button. I dialed for another three more tries until I gave up.

“I will just call Yoochun then?”

Hyun ae nodded with trusting eyes.

“Hello, this is the Park Yoochun. I can’t obviously answer you right now since you’ve reached my voicemail. Please be patient and call me back later. Thanks. BEEEEP”

Yunho shook his head as he turned to Hyun ae. “He’s not picking up.”

“Call Junsu or Changmin.” She whispered.

“Hi! Hello! Kim Junsu here. Sorry I am not available at the moment. Mianhae!! Leave a message after the beep ok.. beeepp.. kekeke.. BEEEEP”

“Hello. This is Shim Changmin. Leave a message and I’ll call you back if it’s important, other than that call someone else. BEEEEP”

Yunho retreated to sit on the ground as Hyun ae sighed in deep frustration. “What are we going to do now oppa?”

Yunho decided to leave the same text message to everyone. “Where are you guys? Call me as soon as you can and bring a spare key for the car. We are in deep trouble. Pali.”

The two stared at each other unable to know what the next step is in their unexpected dilemma. Hyun ae hummed by herself while fidgeting with her fingers and Yunho most aware of her presence just let himself be silenced by the now darkening skies that is threatening to envelop them.

“Aish!” Hyun ae muttered frustratingly. “We have to do something.”

Yunho turned his gaze to her as he leaned his back on the car, his hands comfortably inside his pockets. He, as the man, and very much attracted to the woman beside him sighed with so much grief over the misfortune he have to endure that moment. Yunho wanted to show Hyun ae his good side but he knows this is an awfully bad start for him. And because of that all he could do is let this mome

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter