Chapter Sixteen

Method to My Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Narrator POV

“What??” Junsu cried. “You think?...”

Changmin nodded as he saw Junsu almost choked on his food.

“I think YUNHO hyung is the STALKER...” Changmin repeated emphasizing his words.

Sook joo dropped the tiny bread that was left in her hand and Yoochun smirking like he knows everything. “I think so too.”

“But why?” Sook joo asked very confused.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Changmin asked her impatiently.

“But oppa, you told me to never assume unless otherwise stated.” She cutely replied. “Is there anything that shows that he’s the stalker?”

“You just saw it right?”

Sook joo frowned her lips twitching and cheeks burning red in deep embarrassment. “Kyaaaaa!!” Junsu squealed in delight out of nowhere as he struggled to reach out to Sook joo trying to pinch her cheeks.

“Yah! Hyung stop that!” Changmin slap his hands as he protected Sook joo from the other guy. 

“Let’s just ask Yunho hyung about it.” Yoochun being objective about the situation suggested; trying to distract his dongsengs while he is holding Junsu’s left arm to keep him seated. “Let’s hear his side of story.”

Changmin shook his head as he grinned mischievously. “I think we shouldn’t do that.”

“And why not?” Junsu scratch his head as he calmed down.

“I think it’s not the right time to ask. We should have the proper timing.”

The three stared at Changmin trying to make sense of his words. Yoochun knotted his wide forehead as Junsu and Sook joo nodded in agreement.

“You win. For now, we’ll just watch and see what happens.” Yoochun sighed heavily stressing out that he wouldn’t want to be a spectator for long. ‘Evil’ he thought to himself as he looks at the youngest man grinning at his plans.

 

Yunho POV

I am strolling early that morning waiting for Hyun ae so I can help her since she will be running errands in the country today. I had already memorized how her days go because she is very organized. I hid behind the big post holding out two mugs of hot coffee.

As she came out of the house a white car parked in front of her, she smiled as she saw the owner. I furrowed my brows as Jaejoong came out of his car and opened the front seat for Hyun ae and motioned her to come with him. I felt a strange pain as I saw them went away together. I am beyond confused about my reactions.

When I came out I saw harabeoji standing out in the gates looking over his granddaughter go away. His eyes slowly gaze upon me and approached me with smile. I smiled back knowing it didn’t even reached my eyes. I extended my hand and gave him white macchiato latte which is Hyun ae’s usual coffee. He nodded as he took a sip of the coffee.

“Yunho-sshi” the old man called at me softly.

“Neh, Harabeoji?” I answered as my shoulders slumped.

“Follow me.” he replied.

I looked at the old man confused as he pats me at the back. I followed him back at the garden where his bonsai’s are. He took a seat and put down his coffee as he motioned me to sit down with him. A bit confused I obliged to the old man and felt uneasy by his stares. He took out a large pair of scissors and started cutting out bits and pieces of small branches of the small tree in front of him. I watched him for a few minutes just drinking my coffee and not understanding anything about his actions. Harabeoji is as complex as his granddaughter and I figured just as much.

“Are you going to just sit there?” he asked not even looking at me.

I took another pair of scissors and just looked at it not wanting to touch any of harabeoji’s prized possessions. He noticed how reluctant I was and stopped at what he was doing. He stood up and gave me a beautiful piece of artwork. It is harabeoji’s favorite plant. “You can try t this.” He told me as he returned to his seat.

I just stared at the small plant for quite a while. I saw all the angles, the delicate features of how harabeoji shaped the tiny branches. I have always been fascinated at how the old man twisted and cut the edges of it. I liked it from afar but I have no courage to try it myself. I sighed in defeat as I put down the cutting instrument and just brushed the bonsai lightly with my fingers. I gently cleaned the soil and just sprayed it with water.

“Why are you so afraid Yunho-sshi?” harabeoji asked in his authoritative voice.

I scratched the back of my head as I gave him back the bonsai. “Haraboeji, I am not even worthy to touch this. I know nothing about taking care of such a delicate plant. I am afraid I might ruin it.”

He nodded as he approved at my answer. “Yes you are not worthy.” He paused as he saw how my eyes twitched. “You are not worthy only because your thinking is clouded about your weakness. You will never know unless you never try. I will give to you this plant. This is my favorite in the lot. I had invested time, devotion and love in taking care of it. I will lend this to you until you the courage when you can fully create your own.” He told me. “But remember bonsai’s are stubborn when they are young and so are when they are old. You always need to check on them or they will go the opposite of what you want.”

I looked intently at the old man as he handed me the bonsai, “But harabeoji, why? I just told you I have no idea how to take care of it. Why do you trust me with something so important?”

The old man chuckled to my surprise. “Oh, young man, I have trusted you for a lot of other things too.” He said as I catch a sparkle in his eyes. “Do not run away from it. She is so delicate in every way and I have so much love for her. But I believe no one could take care of her better than you do. Please reconsider and take courage. I know you can do it. You know how important it is and that is enough for me to know that you have enough respect to think you are not worth it.”

“I’m not sure harabeoji. Thank you for thinking highly of me. But are you sure you trust me to have this bonsai?”

He nodded and replied, “Yes.” He decided. “I never intended to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter