Chapter Eleven

Method to My Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hyun ae POV

I woke up hugging my pillow tightly. Is it just a dream? Is that just a figment of my imagination? I threw the blankets away from my face and touch my cheeks pinching it hard. I stood up and reach out for my bedside table. I found the neatly folded napkin from the restaurant yesterday. It’s a good thing I kept it with me or I will keep doubting myself if all the things that happened yesterday was just a crazy hallucination. No. I was not just a dream. Jaejoong is real.

*Flashback*

“Do you like it?” Jaejoong asked me with a knotted forehead expecting a positive answer.

I nodded blushing profusely as he smiled back at me.

He gave a satisfied sigh looking straight into my eyes. “I’m glad you liked it. Maybe I could cook some for you next time.”

“You can cook?” I asked quite amazed.

“Yes.” He grinned. “I am not sure if you’ll get to like my cooking. Let’s just wait and see. Here have some of these.” He reached out for a dish and served my plate with some of it.

His fingers accidently brushed mine and I got my heart beating fast again. “Come on. Try this.”

 I exactly know what the first man endured in the garden when the first woman gave him the forbidden fruit. I think I exactly know.

*End of Flashback*

I fell back to my bed and shook my body idiotically as I roll over my sheets giggling like a little girl. I bit my lip as I remembered how happy I was yesterday.

Jaejoong is easy to talk to. We talked about common activities, hobbies and family. He told me he was adopted that makes us almost the same for I’m an orphan. I like the fact that he doesn’t resent his past and is very open about talking about his adoptive parents and sisters.

I kiss my pillow one last time before standing up and started dancing my way towards the staircase with my pajamas.

*Flashback*

“I am passionate about helping orphans it’s as if I’m giving hope that everything will turn out fine. It did to me, and I want to pass it on to them.” I told Jaejoong shyly pushing a few strands of my loose hair at the back of my ear.

“That’s really nice to hear.” He nodded smiling. He took my hand and stared at my eyes. “I would really love to help you out in the orphanage. If that’s ok?”

I beamed at him excited about it and I can’t help grinning from ear to ear.

“Just tell me when. It would be a date.”

*End of Flashback* 

I jumped up and down the stairs dancing and humming happily as I imagine Jaejoong’s gentle features. He’s such a gentleman. I heard people speaking in the kitchen and knew my grandpa and grandma are having their breakfast already. I hopped on like a puppy entering the kitchen giving them a sing-song greeting.

“Gooo-oo-dd moorn-nning!” I sang oddly facing the eating trio on the dining hall. I felt blood rushing through my face as I stared at the third person looking awkwardly at me trying to keep a straight face to keep himself from laughing out loud. 

“You woke up happily today, eh? I was just telling Yunho about you.” Harabeoji greeted me with a nod looking at me from head to toe. I froze in their presence. “Wash up first and join us for breakfast.”

I took a step back and smiled. “N-nn-neh, harabeoji.” I bowed and quickly ran upstairs holding my chest from embarrassment. This is over the top humiliation already. I shoved my way heading for the mirror and I almost died in what I saw.

I am wearing my old pink pajamas, my hair dishevelled all over my face, and my eyes puffy. I went closer to my reflection and saw white stains at the side of my mouth. Droll? I literally felt my soul leaving my body.

 I let my forehead rest at the mirror for a few seconds. “Please let me die.” I cried.

___________

Yunho Pov

*30 minutes earlier*

I was having my normal jog this morning when halmoni saw me pass by. She was so enthusiastic about introducing her husband that she dragged me inside their house. Harabeoji is a very admirable man. I couldn’t even compare myself on how calm and collected the old man is. He gives an aura of authority but at the same time warmth and gentleness.

Harabeoji talked about a lot of things but he has an obsession with plants specially Japanese Bonsai’s. He told me that he is a Korean veteran soldier and one thing that he doesn’t want to lose is his discipline. Harabeoji is planning to make a sturdy sideboard along the length of their garden but halmoni greatly disagree saying he couldn’t handle such a thing in his age. Halmoni asked me if I could do it for him. Harabeoji strongly disagrees saying I have my own life but in the end I took the job and halmoni was very pleased. I don’t know much about nails and boards but it wouldn’t be so hard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter