Chapter Nine

Method to My Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Narrator's POV

 

Yunho woke up troubled that morning. Despite the warm morning sun that shone through his room Yunho felt worried and out of place. He stood up and went to wash himself. He was brushing his teeth when he remembered his conversations with his friends the night before.

**Flashback**

“But hyung, maybe she just told you that she already got rid of the stalker but truthfully she just doesn’t want your help. She feels like she can take care of herself.” Changmin challenged him.

“Yeah hyung, maybe she doesn’t want to bother you, thinking she can handle it all.” Yoochun added.

“Wah, She might be in more danger next time. There might be knives, guns, drugs and exploitation.” Junsu said.

**End of Flashback**

Yunho flinched at the thought. Surely it wouldn’t be that serious, right?

‘Hyun ae is pretty,’ he thought. ‘NO..’ he strongly protested to himself as he shaved. ‘Actually she is more than that. She’s beautiful and she has a striking charm I can’t explain. It is possible that she is in danger with that stalker.’ He looked at his face in the mirror. “Pull yourself together Yunho.”

Yunho kept on replying the series on coincidences that happened between them. It started in the most unexpected places, first in the country side where he saved her from thugs. He chuckled at himself as he poured a cup of coffee. ‘First, Hyun ae thought that I’m a kidnapper. She looks so delicate, a rabbit walking in the middle of the field.’ Yunho smiled at the thought. He thanked him but…

**Flashback** 

“Thank you for saving me earlier. You could have just let me die out there.” She chuckled.

**End of Flashback**

Yunho finished cooking his fried egg and started to heat up the pan for some fried rice. ‘She even refused when I offered to take her to the bus stop. She kept on insisting that she can take care of herself.’ Yunho mixed the rice in the pan oblivious of what he is putting. ‘I felt more responsible when she said she didn’t need my help. But why is she so confusing? Isn’t it normal for a girl to be happy when someone saves them in the midst of being nearly harmed?’

 ‘Our second meeting is crazy’ Yunho looked back as he turned crimson red, cursing himself. ‘It wasn’t my intention to see anything.’ He said erasing the thought of the blushing Hyun ae trying to pull her skirt down as he walked inside the women’s’ washroom.  ‘Enough of that memory’ he muttered preparing his table for his simple breakfast. ‘I did say sorry.’ He grumbled.

And lastly, ‘she’s my neighbor,’ Yunho told himself as he sat down. ‘Isn’t it a sign that she really is in danger and she needs someone’s help? I mean my help, for that stalker, whoever he is.’ Yunho put an ample size of helping on his plate. ‘That stalker, I will catch him for sure. If she doesn’t want my help I just wouldn’t tell her,’ shoving a mouthful of fried rice. He looked down and saw the mess he made. “Opps.. did I put sugar instead of salt?”

 

_________________

 

 

Yunho prepared his sunglasses and cap. He is not sure if he needs it but put it on anyway.  He surveyed the neighborhood as he came out. ‘Clear’ he told himself. He stood there for a few more minutes when Hyun ae opened their gate. She screamed in surprise as she saw Yunho in front of her.

“What do you think are you doing? You could have given me a heart attack.” She complained to Yunho giving him a hard kick in the knee.

“Aish” Yunho complained holding his hurt knee. “I just got out of the house too. Why are you so brutal early in the morning?”

“Look at yourself.” She mumbled flipping his cap. “Why are you wearing that hideous cap and sunglasses? Are you hiding from someone?”

Yunho tossed his cap aside but kept the sunglasses. “I just want to look cool today.”

Hyun ae smirked. “Yah! Just get out of the way I’ll be going.” She said distancing herself from him.

“Hyun ae sshi.” He softly whispered.

“Wae?”

“We can go to Uni together since we are going the same way.” He offered taking the sunglasses off as Hyun ae faced him.

‘Omo.’ Hyun ae gasped. ‘Why is my heart beating so fast?’

“Hyun ae?” he questioned.

Hyun ae looked away from him blushing. “You don’t need to. You are not obliged to take me to school only because we’re neighbors.”

“We are going on the same place anyway. I am not compelled to do it. I offered and you have every right to decline. Altho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter