Chapter Fifteen

Method to My Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 15

Hyun ae POV

My alarm clock went on buzzing nonstop in my ear. “Five more minutes” I told myself drifting back to sleep. I have too much in mind last night. “Why is it that I always embarrass myself in front of you?” I asked Yunho in my dreams. “You are all over the place.” I told him. “Will you stop staring at me? Yah, I will push you if you don’t back off.”

BANG!! I fell under my bed.

Halmoni came rushing inside my room holding a roller pin.”Aigoo, Hyun ae I thought someone’s here.”

I stood up and faced my grandmother like a zombie. “I’m awake, I’m awake.” I murmured scratching my head. “It’s a good thing Yunho is not here and see me fall off the bed too.”  I laughed at the thought of it and straightened up when I heard a male voice outside my room. “What the?” I screamed when the door opened.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!”

“Aigoo, why are you giving your grandpa a huge fright early in the morning?”he told me.

 I sighed. “Sorry”.

‘Yunho is making me nuts.’ I told myself walking straight to the bathroom slamming the doors.

It has been weeks since that awkward day. He never mentioned anything like it never happened and I don’t want to talk about it either to save my face and not to spoil the friendship we are having. But most of the days I still wonder what he thinks about the kiss. If he likes it or if he is just used to girls kissing him, I wonder.

______

I got ready sooner than expected since I fell off the bed this morning. ‘I wonder if Yunho will go out early today?’ I brushed aside the thought. ‘Why am I thinking of him again? Aish, forget about that guy Hyun ae, he just wants you around so he can pretend you’re his sister. Hmf..’ I puff off walking briskly. ‘I don’t even want to see him.’

*Flashback*

At lunch time earlier that week

I am famished and already daydreaming about choosing my lunch food. I am pondering over having rice with little beans mixed in a chili tomato based soup that has chunks of ground pork tofu and some seaweed and onions in it. And maybe some cabbage kimchi and fish fillet in sweet and sour chili sauce. Just thinking about it made my mouth water.

I stood up in line and swiftly grabbed a tray as I contented myself with the helping of food I had just imagined. Another person stood beside me ordering the exact same thing. I was never bothered when someone else copy what I do so I just continued on not even bothering to look up. As soon as I sat down the nearest bench, the other person slide down opposite my seat holding down the tray with the exact food I had. I furrowed my brows as I recognized him.

“Oppa, why did you order the same food?” I glared at Yunho.

He shrugged off his shoulders and sat down. “Maybe we are just thinking of eating the same thing.”

“Do you annoy your sister this much?” I asked nonchalantly eating my food not concerned about how I looked in front of him.

He chuckled. “I guess so, but my sister still eats gracefully in front of me.”

“Yah!” I yelled at him in between bites. “I’m so hungry I can eat a horse! Don’t look at me then.”

In response he ate his food silently not taking his eyes off me. I can see him in the side periphery of my vision tossing out pieces of his food at the side of the plate. I looked up to him disgusted. “Why are you wasting your food? You are not going to eat that?”

Yunho is confused for a moment then after that he took it back and ate them. “Sorry, I eat these it’s just that I got distracted.”

“With what?” I asked him.

“I don’t know.” He knotted his forehead and looked at me straight in the eyes. “I am not sure.”

*End of Flashback*

I flinched at the thought. I am having weird thoughts about seeing Yunho very often because just the other day he is acting particularly strange.

*Flashback*

At the Library earlier that week

“Hyun ae!!” Yunho popped out of nowhere startling me while I’m dozing off to neverland. He gave me fright that caused me to almost kiss the table.

The librarian gave Yunho a warning look and signaled him to keep quiet. Yunho held his mouth and bowed apologetically to the librarian. The middle aged lady blushed and smiled at Yunho, he sweetly waved at her which made the latter giggle. I rolled my eyes at the blatant display and covered my face with the book that I am reading so I can concentrate with my research.

“Hyun ae..” Yunho whispered sitting beside me.

“What?” I muttered still disgusted.

“Look at me first.” He pleaded in a cutesy voice.

I felt hot with his sudden change of voice. He sounded cute hearing him becoming childish and whiney. I throw him off by refusing to look at him. “I’m busy.” I told him in monotone.

“It won’t take a minute.” He whined more.

I am confused on his actions and decided to look up at him.

I can saw sparks in his eyes as our eyes met and he smiled. “Yay!” he happily replied. “I brought you some cookies while you’re studying.”

I knotted my forehead. He reached out and cleared my brow with his fingers. “You shouldn’t do that.” as he caress my temples and pushing back a few loose strands of hair in my face.  “It doesn’t suit you.”

*End of Flashback*

I felt myself blush just at the mere memory of it. ‘Aish,’ I slapped my face on both cheeks to wake myself from daydreaming. I decided to buy some coffee on the way to school, just to keep me warm and to push the thoughts of Yunho away.

 I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter