XIX

A Collection of Ficlets & Drabbles
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Nothing Quite Like You

Pairing: Kris/Seohyun

Rating: PG

Length: 1600~ words

Summary: Because Seohyun wanted to celebrate the success of Yifan's proposal to his boss but Yifan had a different proposal in mind.

 

"Hey!" Yifan yelped, almost dropping the potato he was peeling when Joohyun suddenly poked his rather ticklish side.

Then said girl chuckled, "What's up with you?" Joohyun was obviously trying hard not to snort at him as she stirred the sauce for her lasagna. The aroma that filled his small kitchen was mouth-watering that his stomach gave an audible rumble. Patience. We shall get to that soon. 

Seo Joohyun, his girlfriend of two years, insisted on cooking him dinner as a little celebration after the project his team had worked on for months finally got the approval from the higher management. When he called Joohyun to tell the good news, she got so excited in planning what she'll cook for him that he didn't have the heart to tell her he wanted to take her out one of those fancy restaurants along Apgeujong.

Grocery shopping with her was always fun. It was something they both enjoy doing if the full grocery cart was something to go by. It was actually enough to make food that would feed him, as well as his younger brother Shixun who has the appetite of a small army, for an entire week.

Yifan cleared his throat, "What d'you mean?" feeling slightly embarrassed being caught with his mind wandering, before giving the raw potato the attention it deserved.

Joohyun put the ladle down before facing him. "Right." She snorted. "You were staring at the potato you're holding for a whole minute with a huge grin on your face. A very creepy one, I must say." The smirk decorating her lips was teasing, big and playful.

"I.. I was.. not!" Yifan gasped indignantly, huffing to hide his humiliation. Damn it. So much more for being cool.

"You were. See, there's even drool on your chin." Joohyun let out a hearty laugh when his hand came to his chin to wipe it. She was kidding. He didn't drool. "Gotcha!"

Joohyun shrieked, giggling, as she dodged him every time he reached for her to tickle her side. It was a weakness they both share, being ticklish.

Ehem ehem. The couple didn't notice the tall figure amusedly watching them. Shixun. Dashing good looks and legs that go on for miles seemed to be a common thing in the Wu family. Damn good genes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to intrude. Do go on with... whatever it is you are doing."

Joohyun patted Yifan's arm to let go. He had finally caught her in his embrace, and Yifan's frown suggested he did not appreciate the interruption but Joohyun just smiled amiably at the younger guy; clearly used to Yifan's brother's remarks. Seeing the kid around gave her the idea that Shixun made it his life mission to tease his older brother every chance he got.

"Hi, Shixun." Joohyun greeted.

"What are you doing here?" Yifan butted in before his didi could return the gesture.

"I live here." The younger guy said flatly.

"I thought you said you'll be having a study group over at your friend's dorm." It sounded like an accusation. Because it was. And Shixun was simply smiling, knowing his presence was not welcome. He loved antagonizing his brother. 

Shixun went to grab a can of soda in the fridge and shrugged nonchalantly at Yifan. "Won't do. Tao's flatmate decided to throw a party."

Joohyun returned to attending to dinner. "Have you had dinner yet, Shixun? We're cooking your favorite, galbijjim."

"Not yet, actually. Thanks, jiejie. You're cooking is making me more hungry." Shixun smiled at her, "By the way, is there an occasion, gege? This doesn't seem like a simple dinner." Leaning against the fridge and giving his brother an annoying grin. Yifan shoot him a glare and was about to answer, "Nothing."

"His proposal finally got approved, you know the one he was working on this past months." It was Joohyun who answered for Yi

Please log in to read the full chapter