XVIII

A Collection of Ficlets & Drabbles
Please log in to read the full chapter

Cleaning my files and I found these unfinished stories so I decided to compile them all here so I can remove them from my hard drive. I am sorry I never got to finish them.

Some are drabbles, some are skeleton/drafts of stories I was trying to write, some are part of AUs. so most may not entirely make sense because incomplete.

A total of 10 different stories. different genres. different pairs.

 

1. Chanyeol/Sulli 

Knock knock knock

Chanyeol opens his door, finding Jinri in front of him, but before he can properly react or invite her inside, because Park Chanyeol where are your manners, she unexpectedly launches herself at him.

Oh.

Ok.

He supposes this is a very nice greeting considering he hasn’t seen her in a while, although he’s sure to bruise with the impact of Choi Jinri’s tackle hug.

She does not explain the sudden assault and just continues to hug the breath of him, and Chanyeol hugs her back, kind of. “Hey pretty girl, how have be---”

The rest of Chanyeol’s words are drowned in his throat when a, “Chanyeol-ah, I don’t know what to do. I don't know what to do. Please tell what to do.” comes from a sobbing Jinri. Her voice was trembling, panic drips from her every word.

 

2. Sehun/BoA

“Did you grow a few inches again?”

“Hmm?” Sehun looks at his girlfriend who’s walking beside him. The pout on BoA’s lips is so adorable, he just smiles at her, completely forgetting about her question. He tightens the hold on her hand, and continues to lead the way.

BoA is accompanying him to hunt for a suitable gift for his mother’s upcoming birthday, thus the strolling along Myeongdong. In the past, he could always get away with just buying his mom’s favorite cake plus a standard Hallmark birthday card as gifts and he’d call it a day. But now, with a sudden urge to prove that he’s already grown up and no longer the maknae of his family, he decided to buy his mother something that she could use for a change. Because hey, he’s now a college student with a part-time job and a really beautiful girlfriend. So yeah, he’s a mature responsible adult.

“Ya! Don’t you use that smile on me.” BoA is half-freeing her hand from Sehun’s grip. She does not appreciate being ignored.

“You know you love it.” Sehun smugly reminds her.

The nerve of this guy! “Stop changing the topic and answer me.”

“I don’t know… Maybe... Does it matter?” He says indifferently. It’s not like he checks his height everyday like girls do with their weight. “It’s not like I can stop myself from growing.” He shrugs.

“Of course it matters! I don’t wanna look like a midget next to you.” BoA gasps. “Ugh. Why am I dating someone whose gland is still producing growth hormones?” She grumbles on.

“Yah!” He smirks, completely amused by her girlfriend.

“And why did I wear flats today?” BoA ignores him and sadly peeks at the comfy ballet flats Sehun gave to her. She immediately tugs her hand free from his hold and walks on.

“Hey!” He calls after her.

BoA looks back at him and in complete display of maturity she says, “I refuse to walk beside an overgrown brat.” before entering a boutique.

 

Inside the shop everytime Sehun would get within a foot near her, BoA would scamper away to the other side of the room. At first Sehun let her be but when he needed to asked her about which style of dress his mom would prefer and she still refuses to approach him but opted to verbalize her opinion by mildly talking loudly apart from across the room. Sehun frowned in displeasure but said nothing else.

And after paying, with his own money (yes, he worked extra shift to save for the dress) for a midnight blue evening dress that BoA assured him his mom will like, he looks for her and sees that she's checking a purse. An idea form in his mind and he silently sneaks behind her.

She squeaks in surprise but is able to catch herself on time before she got all the shoppers’ and staffs’ attention inside the boutique. BoA glares at him, “Ya! Don’t do that.”

“Sorry.” Sehun only half-heartedly apologizing because he is more busy hugging her from behind. He perched his chin on top of her right shoulder. “You can’t runaway anymore.”

BoA scoffed. “The ahjummas are staring at us.”

“Let them.”

 

 

3. Sehun/BoA

From behind him, a pair of familiar hand covered Sehun’s line of sight, then a voice he’d recognize anywhere whispered in his ear. “Guess who?”                     

Sehun was startled at first but since he knew who it was, he decided to play along. “Hm.. Sultry voice.. soft hands..” He ran his palms along on the stranger’s cheeks, “ah dimpled cheeks.. definitely.. Miranda Kerr!”

BoA huffed at his boyfriend, after removing her hands over his eyes but Sehun immediately interlocked their fingers together. “Miranda Kerr, huh?” Said guy grinned at her cheekily.

“Oops. Sorry, wrong Angel.” He traced soothing circles on the back of her palm, urging her to seat next to him on a park bench he was seating on.

BoA relented and his arm immediately went over her shoulders. “Is that the standard I have to live up to now? A lingerie model?”

He kissed her temple. “No.”

“Because I can’t even be compared to your model crush?”

“No, because you’re far more beautiful and ier than any model.” then he added, “And you didn't have to wear a lingerie for that.”

“Huh. . Good thing I find you cute.” She smiled, completely satisfied with his answer.

“Just cute?”

BoA pretended to think. “Really really cute?”

“I just said your way ier than a Victoria Secret Angel and I only got to be called cute in return. Stingy!”

 

a/n: Miranda Kerr's following Sehun's IG account. Fans flooded her account with Thank Yous. lol.

 

4. Chanyeol/Sulli

“Calm down little guy.” Chanyeol whispered while lightly patting the left side of his chest where his heart is supposed to be at. Yes, he’s like an idiot talking to his own organ in an act of desperation when said blood-pumping lump of muscles has been working double time since he learned that Jinri, his girlfriend of three years, is finally coming back from her one year internship in Shionogi Pharmaceutical Lab in Japan. “We’ll see her soon. Promise.” But his heart is as stubborn as a 5 year old kid and won’t listen to him. Sigh. Even his own body part is against him. The ahjumma beside him gave a wary look and he promptly flashed her a smile. The old lady scooted away.

It was during one of their routinely Skype when Jinri dropped the bomb that her internship would end soon and Chanyeol’s heart been a nuisance since then. Because, finally after a whole year of being apart, he’ll see Jinri’s face again and not the pixelated one through web cams but the real breathing HD version.

He tried to distract himself from the constant pounding in his chest by counting down the days. With the use of a red marker, he puts huge X marks on the calendar dates. And as the date drew nearer, the beating of his heart became more erratic, it would constrict in anticipation every time he marks the calendar or every time he was reminded of the date when he checks his phone for messages. Chanyeol would be breathless, a little dizzy a few times, but the thought of seeing Jinri cannot really calm him down.

And just this morning he woke up in an ungodly and was not able to fall asleep again. Just his luck, he even had trouble falling asleep that night. 

 

5. Chanyeol/Sulli

“˗˗˗all variable costs are treated the same in both costing method. But when it comes to fixed costs˗˗˗ MR. PARK AND MR. KIM!”

The whole class glanced at the two guys being shouted at by the professor. One looked like a deer caught in headlight, looking repentant while the other one even has a stupid grin plastered on his lips, not at all sorry at being caught red-handed.

“Can’t it˗˗˗whatever it is you two are talking about˗˗˗wait till my class ends?” The professor hissed.

The one wearing a playful smile, Kim Jongin, answered, who seemed totally unfazed by the professor’s outburst. “Sir, I was just telling Chanyeol here,” Jongin pointed at the tall guy beside him, who’s by the way, trying to stop him from saying more, “I saw him having lunch at--” mentioning a popular pizza place before he pointed at the girl seating in the front row. “--with Jinri.”

The whole class erupted into whistles and cat-calls, teasing both Chanyeol and Jinri. Jinri tried to hide her beet-red face behind a curtain of her auburn hair while Chanyeol looked aghast, torn between strangling his so-called friend and burying his face on his desk.

The pizza house Jongin mentioned was not within the vicinity and if you’re having a lunch break in between classes you won’t go out of your way just to have that pizza.

“It was just the two of them.” Jongin even added after being satisfied with the class’ reaction. 

 

a/n: based on true to life events. lol.

 

6. Kai/Krystal

Jongin, with the grace of a zombie, padded along the corridor of his dorm building. Nothing unusual there really. He’s a college student who has to juggle his university life and his mere minimum-wage-paying job as a waiter in a Chinese restaurant in downtown Seoul. Thus he’s usually practically crawling back to the university’s in-house dorm every night after attending his classes that runs from seven in the morning till noon then catching a bus to work and serving as a waiter till the restaurant closes at nine in the evening. And still has to do lots of reading and studying once he gets back to his room. Yes, it sounds like a lot of work but ‘no pain no gain’ right? And on a particular tough exam day or unfortunate rough day at work, it really takes a herculean effort for him not to simply collapse on his bed once he arrives at his simple abode.

He opened his door, ready to collapse at floor, he saw a stranger and he let out a very unmanly yell.

“Rude. Just because I happen to have a pair of beautiful wings doesn’t mean you can scream at my face.”

“I didn’t scream. I shouted. And who are you, anyway? What are you doing in my room?” Great. There’s a drunken girl cosplaying Tinkerbell in his room.  “Look, if you came from that frat party Luhan hyung organized looking for a place to temporarily crash because you’re too drunk to back to your own dorm then I’m sorry I can’t be a gracious host because I’m dead tired.” He wasn’t aware the party was costumed one. Whatever. It’s not like his tired brain cares.

The girl made no move and Jongin wanted to stomp his feet and wail, what part of I’m dead tired can’t you understand. My eyebags already have eyebags of their own. Please go away.

“Ok.” He grabbed the girl by the hand and led her out, leaving her in the hallway. ”Goodbye.”

 

a/n: this is a faerie!au actually. krystal's a real fairy.

 

7. Luhan-centric

Luhan has always been adamant on declaring his manliness yet upon entering the world-renowned amusement park he was sporting a hairstyle that ridiculously looked like a broccoli sprout atop his head.

“Donald Duck hyung… fan… me... big… autograph...” Luhan mumbled out in broken English, his sparkling Bambi eyes were even more glossy than usual because of what Kris suspected as tears pooling on Luhan’s eyes. He was shamelessly gaping at one of Disney's favorite character, looking hopeful to get a souvenir.

The M leader resisted the urge to facepalm but felt compelled to assist a helpless comrade. “He said he’s a big fan of yours and he’d like to get your autograph.” He translated upon seeing the famous duck mascot looking a tad clueless at what Luhan just said.

And that was how Luhan finally got senpai to notice him.

 

a/n: for the record, this is a true story. luhan did ask for an autograph from Donald Duck when EXO went to Disney. and Kris did translate for him.

 

8. Sehun/BoA

She stirs from her sleep as breeze of chilly autumn air makes her burrows further into the comforter. It took a while for her dreamy eyes to adjust to the dark room as there is only a minimal amount of light coming from street lamps. A window is open and she smiles because she knows who the culprit is, the owner of the arms that is currently around her waist. She turns around and is now face to face with her boyfriend, Sehun.  He looks so peaceful while sleeping. Call it creepy but she sometimes watches Sehun sleep. He may have noticed it, because his eyes sleepily open.

“Cold?” He covers her more of their shared blanket and hugs her nearer to him. He knows BoA despises cold weather.

BoA smiles because she loves to snuggle with Sehun especially during cold season.

He kisses the top of her head. “Better?”

She nods her head. “Uh huh.”

“Sleep.” As he closes his eyes to return to slumber.

She, too, closes her eyes she hugs Sehun to make sure there is no space between them. She burrows his face on the crook of his neck. With Sehun’s warmth securing her and his steady breathing as a lullaby, she manages to return comfortable in sleep.

 

 

He is on his way to pick his girlfriend up in her department, the fine arts. She has an artist for girl. It is a bit weird because he is the most inartistic person ever to grace the earth’s surface. He honestly thinks BoA has more artistic skills in her pinky finger than his entire body. But she doesn’t mind that he is the type of person that only uses right side of his brain and leaves his left a barren waste land. If she doesn’t mind then he won’t too.

He reaches the place where they have their painting class. Judging by how they are cleaning their things and keeping their canvas, he assumes they are done.

She sees him standing outside. She her head for him to come inside.

He closes the gap between them and gives her a hug. He immediately lets her go when her friends fake coughs to tease them. Sehun reddens of course. BoA just kiddingly rolls her eyes at her friends.  He helps her fix her things while stealing a few kisses in between. They both giggle. And another fake cough.

“We will see you two love birds there.” Yeonhee says. She and the rests are ready to go.

“Wait, you guys are done?” BoA asks disbelievingly

Please log in to read the full chapter