IX

A Collection of Ficlets & Drabbles
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: One Look (and I’m Mesmerized By Your Eyes)

Pairings: Sehun/BoA,  Kai/Krystal, Chanyeol/Sulli (mentions!Kris/Nana)

Genre: HP!AU, Fluff

Disclaimer: Harry Potter is by the genuis mind, JK Rowling.

Wordcount: 2500~

Summary: Aboard the Hogwarts Express.

 

 

Getting to Platform Nine and Three Quarters is no longer a problem for a muggle-born like Oh Sehun. Already an incoming fifth year in probably the most prestigious wizarding school, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he learned the basics of the wizarding world and got the hang of it, most of it, in the duration of his stay. It wasn't exactly a walk in the park at first, but he was able to cope.

Carrying a cage with a sleeping owl in it, Sehun drags his trolley with his owlcage-free hand towards Hogwarts Express. Amongst the noise of the train's steam and the chatters of hundreds of witches and wizards, is a familiar voice calling for him and he turns to search for a familiar face. A tanned guy is walking towards him with a trolley similar to his in tow.

 

Said guy is his best friend, and his fellow Quidditch player for their House, Gryffindor, Kim Jongin. They first met when they shared a compartment on their first year to Hogwarts. Then Sehun ended up not only sharing a booth in the train and the same House with Jongin but also a room with other two fellow young wizards. Sehun was more than happy to have met Jongin as he helped make Sehun’s life relatively easier in a world he has only come to know about. Jongin, being a pure-blood gives him the advantage of knowing everything there is about the wizarding world. His father even works in the Ministry of Magic.

"I see summer went well for you, being burnt and all." The scowl on Jongin's face makes him laugh.

"Don't you think that joke is getting a little too old?"

"No."

"Excuse you but this y tan brings all the girls to the yard." Jongin proudly says.

"And Soojung approves of that?"

"Oh bloody hell, speaking of, hurry up and get on the train! I have to see her before her patrol duty." He ushers Sehun  to board the train. "Her parents were supposed to drive us here but I woke up late. So, my dad drove me here instead." Sehun shakes his head, scoffing at Jongin. When is Jongin ever not sleepy anyway?

Jongin is dating Jung Soojung, also a fellow Gryffindor and a Head Girl at that. Jongin had been crushing on her since he first saw her board the Hogwarts Express but only had the courage to ask her out Christmas of their third year. Jongin invited her to a date in Hogsmeade and as they say, the rest is history. Unluckily for Sehun, he witnessed all of Jongin's cringe-worthy sap, and as much as he hates it, he gotta give it to his best friend to know how to make a girl swoon.

"Yo, Jongin! Sehun! Over here!" A tall, manic-looking guy calls to them, and they both make their way to Park Chanyeol, also a Gryffindor. "Always late, you two."

"Where's Soojung?" Jongin inquires of his girlfriend, as he and Sehun pass along the train’s crowded aisle.

"On duty of course," Chanyeol answers, adding "Jinri also.” with a pout.

Choi Jinri, a Hufflepuff fifth year and also a Head Girl, is going out with Park Chanyeol. They met through Soojung as she is Jinri's best friend since they were young.

The compartment is quite packed, leaving barely enough space for both Jongin and Sehun. Their things almost didn't fit with the rest of Soojung's and Chanyeol's stuff. Jinri shares compartment with her fellow Hufflepuffs, and to say that Chanyeol was disappointed is an understatement. Jongin tells Sehun to just let his owl, Mija, fly to Hogwarts like his own owl, Kai. Sehun sets Mija free out the window, and the owl looks pleased to stretch his wings.

 

The trio settle themselves in the compartment, enjoying a game of wizard chess while waiting for the girls to take a break from their duties as Head Girls of their respective houses. They take turns in who would play against each other, and so far Chanyeol won the most.

They didn't realize how starved they are before the food trolley stopped in front of their compartment, compelling them to spend all the coins they can spare on Chocolate Frogs, Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavor Beans, Licorice wands, pumpkin pies and more. The topic falls on whether they read all their assigned books and did their essays, over trading cards that came with the Chocolate Frogs packaging. None of them were able to finish and they know they'll all cram later on.

One of the reasons why none of them were Head Boys.

Sad.

To pick up the mood once more, they talked about their favorite Quidditch teams. Sehun, though being a muggle-born is not crippled by that fact, after spending time with Jongin who breathes in anything and everything Quidditch. Now, he knows Quidditch teams and can even recognize the players on magazines and newspapers.

Their compartment’s door opens and a smiling Jinri greets them. "Hey, guys." A simply Hey is all Jongin and Sehun can manage before Chanyeol jumps to his feet and goes to Jinri, monopolizing her attention.

"You done?"

"For now, yes. We’ll patrol again later."

"Good. I gotta show you something." And Chanyeol drags Jinri to God-knows-where, closing the door behind him without much of a backward glance of I'll be back later guys to Sehun and Jongin. Tsk! Rude.

"Where is Soojung? I miss her already." Jongin complains. With the foggy window, he is able to draw a heart on it, putting the letters J and S inside the heart. "Isn't she done yet?" The answer to Jongin's prayers opens the door and makes her way to his waiting arms. "There you are."

Cue for Sehun to make himself scarce because like Chanyeol, Jongin's gonna be lost in Soojung's eyes for a while.

The door opens once more and to Sehun's dismay it's only Jongin's cousin Kim Jongdae, a sixth year Slytherin. "Hey there, Jonginnie!"

"What do you want?" Like interrupting his precious time with his precious girlfriend is a capital offense.

"None from you, ho

Please log in to read the full chapter