XIII

A Collection of Ficlets & Drabbles
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Take Me by the Hand
Pairing: Luhan/Seohyun
Genre: Romance
Rating: PG
Wordcount: 1300~
Summary: And at this serene place, the synchronized beating of their hearts served as their soundtrack.
a/n: for azizuhsi who requested for a seohan.
 

 

After clicking the send button of her email where the essay for her World Literature homework was attached, Joohyun’s mobile buzzed, startling her a bit.

my deerest ♥:

   hey babe, u busy?

babyseo ♥:

   no. (^_^) y?

my deerest ♥:

   do u think ur mom would mind if u will go out for a bit? m kinda outside ur house rn.

Joohyun frowned at Lu Han’s message. A couple years of being together gave her the feeling that her boyfriend’s upset simply by the way he texted. Gone was his usual way of greeting her with a greasy pick-up line followed by the most ridiculous emoticon. And she felt her heart give a tug when she already has a vague idea what might have caused the souring of his mood. She peeked outside her window, and true enough, Lu Han’s blue sedan was parked in front of the Seo residence.

babyseo ♥:

   i’ll be there in a few.

my deerest ♥:

   take ur time.

In front of her full length mirror Joohyun quickly gave herself a once over and decided her look will do for now. She’s in a white tank top and denim shorts with her long soft hair cascading past her shoulders. And before she finally stepped out of their house, she went to the kitchen where her mom’s currently making dinner to tell her that Lu Han’s outside. 

The breeze of the night gave Joohyun chills as she crossed their lawn to get to Lu Han’s car. She immediately pressed her lips to his upon settling herself beside the driver’s seat, not seeing the hard look on his face as they were both enveloped by darkness. When they drew slightly apart, she finally got a good look of him and despite the lack of proper lighting she can see him give a smile, a sad one that does not quite reach his eyes. Joohyun looped her arms around his neck and pulled him close. Lu Han hugged back and let her warmth relax his tensed body and drained mind. No words were exchanged but in place were soothing caresses and lingering touches that spoke louder than any verbal words like I’m here for you and everything will be alright.

Not wanting to shed a tear and tarnish his manliness in front of his girlfriend, Lu Han willed himself to lean away from her, giving her a light peck and dry smile. Lu Han’s real smile and laugh can be infectious and to see despair instead of euphoria in his eyes was heartbreaking. And Joohyun didn’t even have to ask for details when she’s dead on sure on what upset him. Her heart hurts every time she get to witness Lu Han’s sorrow and she knew that there’s nothing she can do to relieve his situation.

Lu Han fastened her seatbelt for her. So he planned to go somewhere.

The engine roared to life and Lu Han aggressively stepped on the accelerator. Joohyun gave him a side-glance as they sped away

Please log in to read the full chapter