Black Pearl

† A Wolf's Temptation †



 

Ji Hye was running up the stairs leading to the roof of the university. It was the only place, she was sure of that Kai would be at.

When she reached the top, she stopped for a while. Every muscle in her body freezed. A sinister feeling of fear ran after her skin. The door leading to the roof was broken off its hinges and there were only chips laying on the ground. But the scariest thing were scratches on the wall next to the door like of some wild animal.

What happened here for god's sake?

Ji Hye‘s eyes widened and her heart began beating fast in her chest. However, she slowly went to the broken door. She plunged headlong into danger. Kai‘s at that place. She found it as a good reason. Give up everything and be with him.

~

Loud bass of a song Metal sounded in Kai‘s ears. He was moving fast and confidently to rhytm. His every movement was powerful, full of anger. He tried to get all the anger, that was killing him inside, out of himself.

He seemed like an idiot to himself. Lost, pathetic and hurt.

He almost couldn‘t catch a breath but he didn‘t want to stop. If he does it, something bad might happen. Someone could get hurt. His anger is rampant with the forthcoming full moon.

Suddenly his concentration was disturbed by something strange. He smelled a sweet taste. Irresistible scent was filling the air. He heard silent insecure steps through the loud music.

He stopped dancing and took off his earphones. ,,What are you doing here?‘‘ he asked with a monotone voice.

,,Are you okay?‘‘ Ji Hye asked unsurely. Her voice sounded like an angelic sound to Kai‘s ears.

,,Why shouldn‘t I?‘‘

,,That door… and the scratches… What happened? I thought…‘‘

,,Probably just a Halloween joke,‘‘ Kai said quickly. He didn‘t want to explain that he‘s done it when he lost control.

,,It‘s September now… Well, it doesn‘t matter.‘‘ Ji Hye paused for a moment. ,,Kai… you‘re mad at me?‘‘

,,Aniyo.‘‘

,,So why are you giving me your back?‘‘

Kai slowly turned to her, looking on the floor. ,,Mianhae.‘‘

Ji Hye stepped towards him unsurely. ,,This morning, when I went to school with YeSung oppa… you looked angry.‘‘

,,I… well… uhm…‘‘ Kai scratched the back of his head. Hi didn‘t want Ji Hye to see his weakness. He didn‘t want her to feel bad because of him. He looked straight at her and tried to fake a smile. ,,You look good together. I hope you‘ll be happy.‘‘

,,Weo?‘‘ Ji Hye blinked at him, confused.

,,Your boyfriend looks like a good guy. You suit each other,‘‘ he was smiling excitedly. He felt like dying but thought he was lying well.

,,My boyfriend?‘‘ Ji Hye chuckled. ,,Ani… aniyo,‘‘ she started to wave her hands around. ,,YeSung oppa is my older brother.‘‘

Kai was looking at her for a while, surprised. Then he laughed awkwardly. ,,I thought… He is your brother!‘‘ he was laughing, full of happiness. But then he quickly got serious again because he realized Ji Hye‘s looking at him.

She leaned closer to him.

Kai‘s eyes got wide.

,,You were… jealous?‘‘ she asked him.

,,M-me? Aniyo! Why should I be jealous?‘‘ Kai shaked his head, surprised.,

,,You‘re such a bad liar, sunbae. Your eyes revealed you.‘‘

Kai gave up. ,,Well, okay… so I was jealous… a little,‘‘ he quickly looked away.

Ji Hye smiled. ,,You‘re so kyeopta~‘‘

,,I‘m not!‘‘

,,Nae~ You are.‘‘

,,Ji Hye-ya~‘‘

,,You‘re so cute when you‘re shy,‘‘ she continued happily.

Kai put his finger on her lips. Her eyes widened surprisedly. He was looking deeply into her green and brown eyes. He could look into them for many hours. They were so beautiful.

,,I‘m never shy,‘‘ he said silently and then slowly took his finger from her lips and sat on the edge of the roof.

When Ji Hye regained consciousness, she sat next to him. ,,Kai… do you believe that every person has their soulmate?‘‘ she asked quietly.

,,Nae, I do. I spent my whole life searching for my soulmate. But I already found her.‘‘

Ji Hye looked at him. ,,What is she like?‘‘

Kai looked up to the sky. ,,She… is like a flower that bloomed in the dark. The moon above the sea. My beautiful black pearl. Special. So different than other girls. Exceptional. My goddess who looks as though she lives inside a myth. I fought so long to find her…‘‘ He smiled and looked at Ji Hye.

She was sitting there quietly, looking at him. There were tears in her so sad and so beautiful eyes.
Kai raised his hand to her face and wiped her tears with his fingers. ,,You don‘t know anything about me yet and I already made you cry. I should stay far away from you, Ji Hye. The problem is… that I can‘t.‘‘



 



 



 


 


 


 


 


 

TITLE SONG: EXO-K - Black Pearl