Broken Wings

Loveliest Confusion

“Granny, are you lost?” Baekhyun asked politely. He took the woman to a nearby noodle shop, suspecting the old woman was hungry. After giving their orders to the waitress, the old woman answered, “No silly” her words laced with humor,

“I was waiting for my husband to arrive”.

 

A surge of relief flooded in Baekhyun’s face but a tinge of jealousy thumps in his heart. It’ll be nice to grow old with someone, Baekhyun thought to himself.

 

“You look a little lonely so I decided to give you my company”, the woman chirped, she had a soft melodious voice instead of the raspy voices that many old folks share.

“That’s really sweet of you granny” Baekhyun smiled.

“You’re smiling yet it doesn’t reach your eyes” the old woman commented quietly, her knowing eyes searching Baekhyun, “so tell me who’s making those pretty eyes blue”.

Taken aback, Baekhyun shifted uncomfortably in his seat, “I don’t know what you’re saying gr---”

“Venus” the gray lady said abruptly, “Call me Venus”.

“I don’t believe you” she added, “I think it’s got to do with a giant whose brown eyes you could drown in forever”. Laughter twinkles in her eyes as if to imply that she knows who Baekhyun is thinking.

“You mean Chanyeol?”  Baekhyun sighed, his heart skipped a beat as soon as he said Chanyeol’s name.

“Yes that boy sure has many secrets” Venus nodded, “I wonder how long he will keep this charade”. She laughed and Baekhyun could hear the chimes of bell in her laughter, it was like magic.

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun asked suddenly curious.

“I mean you should probably do something to make him spill how he actually feels about you”, she said matter-factly.

 

Baekhyun was shocked, wait shock is an understatement, and actually he was flabbergasted. OH MY ING GOSH does Chanyeol secretly hate him? Suddenly standing from his seat, Venus was surprise for a minute, as if reading what’s on his mind Venus quietly assured him that Chanyeol doesn’t hate him.

Color seems to flood back to Baekhyun’s face as the waitress placed their orders on the table.

“What I mean is, maybe secretly he likes you” she said while stabbing her ice cream with a spoon. Baekhyun’s cheeks turned hot, making Venus chuckle.

“Here take this” handling Baekhyun a red bracelet with a single silver rose.

“This bracelet is actually the pair of a bracelet lost somewhere in the crowd, it is believed to bring soulmates together and bind them for eternity”.

The moment Baekhyun held the bracelet on his palm, he felt electricity course through his veins. 

“Where did you say the other half was?” Baekhyun asked, but as he raiseded his head he saw no one but thin air. It’s like all traces of Venus was eradicated even the icecream bowl was empty.

 

The night grew old as the lights burn brighter, Baekhyun decided to stroll around the carnival. (A/N:The - moron totally forgot about Kai/whales).

Looking around he saw children running and couples cuddling. Despite the noise, Baekhyun could clearly hear the deep laughter that he knows too well resonating from a nearby apple stall. Directing his gaze towards the stall, he saw Chanyeol speaking animatedly with a brunette. He saw the giant ruffling the girl’s hair as they both laughed, breaking Baekhyun’s heart to pieces. He felt his world shifted to gray, he doesn’t hear the laughter all he hears is his heart shattering to the ground like broken glass. 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

OHMYGOSH, THIS CHAPTER CAME OUT OF NOWHERE. I DIDN'T RLY PLAN ON WRITING THIS BUT IT SORT OF JUST HAPPEN SO PLEAE PROCEED TO THE NEXT CHAPTER AND LISTEN TO CHANYEOL'S PICK UP LINE WHICH I HAVE BEEN PLANNING FOR DAYS BTW. ANYWAYS WHILE I WAS WRITING THIS CHAP, I ACTUALLY WAS FEELING LIKE PART OF THE STORY SO I WANT TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE RANDOM AUTHOR'S COMMENT SOMEWHERE.

 

P.S I HAVE A DIRTY MOUTH