The Butterfly and the Wolf

Loveliest Confusion

“How exactly did you end up on a date with Kai again?” Luhan, Baekhyun’s brother asked for the 20th time.

“How many times do I have to tell you?” Baekhyun asked exasperatedly, “it’s not a date”.

 

Baekhyun was looking at Luhan’s reflection with distress in his eyes; he had been sitting there for hours watching the young blonde arrange his brown curls into a y and messy arrangement, so gay.

 

Baekhyun could never understand why Luhan was giving him a makeover, he was just going out with Kai and in contrast to the latter’s beauty, Baekhyun was sure he has no match and besides even if he wears fancy clothes Kai will never notice.

 

“Fine, how about ‘date with a friend?’” Luhan suggested, seeing Baekhyun’s scowl, Luhan rolled his eyes. Knowing he could never win against Luhan, Baekhyun remained quiet and shrug his shoulders in defeat.

 

“Do you want to hang out this weekend?” Kai’s voice echoes endlessly in Baekhyun’s mind, never in this lifetime did he ever dream of Kai asking him to hangout. It’s like asking the stars to drop down to your palm. Plus Chanyeol saw everything which made it embarrassing, he didn’t really wanna go out with Kai he wants to spend the weekend curled up at home with a book ,but he doesn’t want to embarrassed Kai by turning him down, so reluctantly he said yes.

 

“Stop creasing your brows” Luhan scolded him while smacking his forehead, “I know you want Yeol-senpai and not Kai but please act like you’re excited”.

A blush crept on Baekhyun’s face as he tries to deny Luhan’s accurate and really obvious, more obvious than the sun assumption.

“It’s not that I like him” Baekhyun stammered “I’m not into derpy giants”.

“Yes, yes you like dwarves with sweaty armpits” Luhan teased, Baekhyun was going to protest when Luhan sprayed the final touches to Baekhyun’s look.

Baekhyun couldn’t believe his eyes, staring back at him is a wavy haired brunette with an angelic face wearing a gray t-shirt that shows his hips when he leans and waist-hugging jeans.

Baekhyun was still gaping at his own reflection when Luhan patted him on the shoulders and said, “Are you going to drool at yourself forever or are you going to make Kai his pants from excitement?”

***

 

Kai was standing by the park as he waits patiently for Baekhyun to arrive. He was wearing a black and white t-shirt and jeans with three balloons in his hand. If this was his first time he would have bought flowers but experience taught him that flowers were too cliché and it’s better to be different and when you want to date someone you need a lasting impression. His thoughts were disrupted when he heard footsteps approaching him. As he turn his head around he saw Baekhyun walking towards him, looking pure and angelic, the sight almost took his breath away.

Kai decided to take Baekhyun to a traveling carnival that just arrived a few days ago. According to a friend, there’s a famous legend about the carnival.

In every town it would visit, there would be a time when a mysterious old woman carrying two lucky charms with the same design but different colors; one red the other blue. Those who were given the bracelets were fated to be together, they’re soulmates. Ever since then the carnival became famous for lovers. Kai’s train of thoughts was stopped by a breathy gasp. Following Baekhyun’s gaze he saw a gigantic pig stuff toy being displayed in a throw-ball stall.

 

“Do you want to play?” Kai asked sheepishly

Baekhyun’s eyes shone with delight as he nodded enthusiastically.

 

As they approach the stall, the store owner greeted them politely, “Sir would you like to play?”

The female owner gave Kai three balls and said, “Sir you only got three tries to hit the cans”.

“Don’t worry, it only takes one” Kai said ily, his gaze making Baekhyun shiver. Baekhyun felt his face burn, in one swift motion Kai strike the cans and the sound of cans hitting the floor filled Baekhyun’s eardrums.

 

“Congratulations, please pick a price”, the owner said gleefully.

Kai chose the big pink piggy-stuff toy and gave it to Baekhyun. While Baekhyun was hugging the toy Kai swiftly swoop down and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Before the smaller boy could give a protest, he took the smaller boy’s hand and took him to the carousel. Round and round the world turned as they both rode, ecstasy became the air that they breathed. This was the definitely how the Kai imagined the night would turn into be. Kai looked at the boy beside him who was looking straight ahead and whispered as softly as he could, “I love you”.

As the ride ended, Kai held Baekhyun’s hand once more.

“Kai did you say something while we were at the carousel?” Baekhyun asked

“I----uh----itwozjazzhozifillforyou” Kai stammered as he shifted his gaze anywhere but Baekhyun. He was never the romantic type, and he couldn’t imagine himself admitting to Baekhyun how he really feels. Kai was busy with his internal panic when a bubble of laughter emerged from Baekhyun. It was the sound of bells tinkling and it was contagious. The next thing they knew they were laughing their out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

WOHOOOOO I'M SO SORRY FOR POSTING SO LATE. 

BUT GUESS WHAT? I MADE IT. HAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA I'M HAVING MY TEST NEXT WEEK SO I'M WORKING EXTRA HARD TO FINISH MY STORY AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. AND MY FEELS, KYA! I'M ACTUALLY INTRODUCING A NEW CHARACTER (HERE'S A CLUE: THE UMMA). HE WILL REVEAL SOME MAJOR REVELATION THAT WILL BE A HUGE IMPACT TO BAEKHYUN BBY. HAHAHAHAH SO PLEASE WAIT FOR IT GUISE. ONCE AGAIN THANK U FOR SUPPORTING ME