Butterfly's Tears

Loveliest Confusion

“Baekhyun, you’re making it worse for them”

 

Baekhyun was watering the flowerbeds behind the school building, He felt his heart ache, Kyungsoo’s words were still fresh in his memory. It seem yo him it had vacuumed the warmth left in the sun.

 

Hearing footsteps approaching, he quickly wiped the tears streaming down his face.

 

“I know I’d find you here” Kai announced, “Baek, we need to---”

“Talk” Baekhyun finished as he spun around, “I know, and I just wanna tell you that”

 

Whatever Baekhyun was going to say, Kai had a feeling that he wouldn’t like it.

 

“Kai, back then I thought you were all balls and no heart” Baekhyun said, his face had the ghost of a smile, “But this past few days you proved me wrong, you’re sincere and kind so thank you for loving me.”

 

“Baek, I--” Kai started to say but was cut off by Baekhyun. “But I couldn’t love you the way that you do”.

 

Scratching the back of his neck, Kai sighed the thousandth sigh he sighed that day. “It’s because you like Chanyeol right?” Kai asked. He was expecting to hear a squeal and a flustered Baekhyun but what he heard was a dry humorless laugh.

 

“I don’t like Chanyeol” Baekhyun said as he stared blankly at Kai, “I mean he’s weird and I-I-I have e-e-nough weirdness in my life, he’s just.” Pitter patter, Baekhyun’s tears fell like raindrops from the sky.

 

“He’s just---------” Baekhyun sniffed, “he’s just a friend”. Baekhyun snapped, like a string, his insides were cut and everything else shatters.

 

“Is that true Baek?” Chanyeol’s deep voice echoed in the courtyard. Walking towards Baekhyun, Chanyeol grabbed him by the shoulders, his face pained.

“What about the night at the carnival? That night happened you know” Chanyeol cried, “I’d do anything for you cause I love you”

 

Fresh tears fell from Baekhyun’s eyes. He wanted to tell Chanyeol that he loves him too but he couldn’t. He wouldn’t

“You’re making it worse for them” Kyungsoo’s voice echoed in Baekhyun’s mind making Baekhyun tremble.

“Get your hands off him” Kai exclaimed angrily as he pushed Chanyeol away from Baekhyun, “you’re hurting him”

“This none of your business” Chanyeol retorted as he pushed Kai back, “so ing stay out of this”

“It’s my ing business because I love Baekhyun too” Kai countered.

Chanyeol snorted, “I loved him first and I love him more”

“If you really do then stop ing” Kai yelled as he grabbed the front of Chanyeol’s shirt, “STOP PUSHING YOUR FEELINGS, YOU WANT HIM FOR YOURSELF BUT HE DOESN’T WANNA BE WITH YOU OKAY?

Chanyeol venomously replied, “AND YOU ING DON’T? YOU WANT HIM TO

 

Both boys were glaring at each other, their hands clenched and their teeth gritted, each clinging to a single thread of self-control.

 

“ENOUGH”  Kyungsoo yelled as he tried to pull the two boys apart. Upon seeing Kyungsoo, Baekhyun seemed to regain his senses as he pulled Chanyeol back as Kyungsoo did the same to Kai. “Girls you’’re both pretty, can you go home now?”

 

“Stay out of this Kyungsoo” Kai said without even glancing,

“You’ve got nothing to do--” Chanyeol broke in midsentence, a tinge of the slightest possibility that maybe Kyungsoo’s the center of this commotion.

“Unless you told Baek something unnecessay” Chanyeol said, eyeing Kyungsoo suspiciously.

“What did you tell him?” Kai angrily yelled at Kyungsoo, pinning him to the wall, “IF YOU HURT HIM I’LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU”.

 

“STOP” Baekhyun cried between sniffs, “stop hurting Kyungsoo”.