Happy Ever After

Loveliest Confusion

Fireworks burst unto the night sky, the smell of crisp food fills the air and the sound of cheers and music fills the student’s ears. What more could be expected?  Since the school is holding a cultural festival. In the midst of all it walking like the undead is Byun Baekhyun.

 

‘Why do they look so happy’ Baekhyun thought bitterly to himself, ‘This so unfair’. He was passing through the food stalls on the school ground when he noticed, couples holding hands, kissing and enjoying the night as much as possible. Then a soft love song exploded in Baekhyun’s ear,

“It took one look then forever laid out in front of me”

“One smile then I died only to be revive by you”

 

That’s it! Baekhyun’s patience snapped. The whole universe is mocking him, his heart is broken, all he wants is for someone to comfort him, any dickhead will do but what does he get? COUPLES, LOTS OF COUPLES, ING COUPLES EVERYWHERE BUT NOT A SINGLE CHANBAEK.

Running towards the takoyaki stand, Baekhyun ordered ten servings to calm his internal struggles. Moving to the next stall and to the next and so on and so forth he did the same, in desperate attempt to forget his hurt.

 

Kai found Baekhyun depressingly killing himself by feeding himself a mountain of food.

“Baek, are you trying to feed an army?” Kai asked in outrage.

“Wozzittoyou” Baekhyun mumbled between mouthfuls, refusing to give Kai his attention.

 

A vein popped on Kai’s forehead, “Why you little”, grabbing Baekhyun by the arm he pulled Baekhyun towards the bonfire in the middle of the yard.

 

“Baek, I know that you’re worried about us” Kai softly said as they walk, “Whatever is in the past should remain in the past. You shouldn’t miserably hide your feelings for Chanyeol just because you wanted to save our friendship. Me and Chanyeol, our bond runs deep so have a little faith in us”. Glancing at the flowerbed across the bonfire, Kai said, “He’s waiting for you"

Pushing Baekhyun towards the direction to where Chanyeol is standing, Kai bravely let go of Baekhyun, it's tine that he do something right for the person who taught him how to love

 

“Kai--”, shyly Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Kai’s waist then mumbled a soft thank you,

“you’ll always be my best man”.

 

 Kai’s heart throbbed painfully, who said letting go was easy? Kai thought to himself, ‘He may not be Baekhyun’s dream guy but Baekhyun was certainly his so if Baekhyun is happy then Kai’s happy. He wants to put a smile of Baekhyun’s face even if it means those smiles don’t belong to him.’

 

“Now go” Kai said quietly. Swiftly, Baekhyun ran towards the spot where Chanyeol stands, surprise colors Chanyeol’s face as Baekhyun raised his hand to stop Chanyeol from speaking.

 

“I’m sorry if I’m stupid” Baekhyun cried breathlessly, “I’m sorry if I’m a crybaby and I’m sorry if I couldn’t love anyone but you. I take one step away then I find myself coming back to you my one and only you”.

 

Tears fell from Baekhyun’s eyes; his face pink, “Please give me one more chance”.

 

Without Baekhyun realizing, Chanyeol had crossed the distance between them, slowly wrapping his arms around Baekhyun, he said, “That’s how I feel too”. Kissing Baekhyun on the forehead, CHanyeol said “Baek, let’s start over”.

 

In the shadows they embraced.

“Whether I’m awake or dreaming all I ever think about is you” Chanyeol said contentedly making Baekhyun sigh.

 

“OH NO!” Baekhyun alarmingly cried

“What is it?” Chanyeol asked

“My happiness ran away from me” Baekhyun said sadly.

Chanyeol clasp the air as if grabbing something then held it close to his mouth then chomp.

“AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH Happiness got eaten” Baekhyun exclaimed

 Dropping low, Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun on the lips, biting and to open an entrance. Tongue overlapping each other, Chanyeol deepened the kiss and slowly broke it, “now you’ve got your happiness back baby” Chanyeol ily whispered as Baekhyun flushed.

 

“CARDIAC ARREST” Baekhyun said; flushed, “I REALLY LOVE YOU”

Kissing Baekhyun softly on the nose, Chanyeol replied “and I you”