Weaving the Broken

Loveliest Confusion

“Stop hurting him” Baekhyun hysterically said, “This is not his fault”

Baekhyun pushed Kai and stood between Kyungsoo and Kai. Kai’s shoulders relaxed but the tension is still there. “Baek, don’t defend him. I know he’s got something to do with this” Kai reasoned out.

 

“Baek, don’t allow him to control you” Chanyeol pleaded.

It became clear to Baekhyun that both Chanyeol and Kai have bad impressions of Kyungsoo. It felt like a scar had been etched in their souls and mind. And then he realized, maybe the person that caused a rift in Chanyeol and Kai’s friendship is no other than Kyungsoo.

 

“Is it because he’s your ex Kai?” Baekhyun said as he stared blankly at Kai.

“What---I-----” Kai stuttered.

“Let me make this clear, my feelings are not dictated by Kyungsoo so leave him out of this” Baekhyun said coldly, “You guys are the worse” he added as he looked at Kai and Chanyeol, “You’re pushing your damn feelings to me without even acknowledging how I feel”. Baekhyun’s eyes were once again hot with tears.

 

“Baek” Chanyeol tried to approach Baekhyun but was shunned because Baekhyun started to walk away.

It was a sunny day, the sunlight gently veiling Baekhyun’s footsteps and yet why do they feel that there’s no more warmth left in the sun?

 

“Kai” Chanyeol called.

“Yeol” Kai answered.

“We need to talk” they both said.

 

***

Chanyeol and Kai decided to talk at the roof, where they used to spend all their time together.

“Brings back memories huh?” Chanyeol said nostalgically.

Shrugging, Kai said “Yeol, we need to do something about Baek, it’s obvious Kyungsoo had something to do with this”.

“Well if you want to fix things with Baek we need to work things out between us two.” Chanyeol pointed out.

“Geez if it’s about Kyungsoo then forget it. I’m over it.” Kai said as he looked Chanyeol in the eyes, “I was mad cause he fell for you and not me but I’m fine now”.

 

“So no hard feelings?” Chanyeol asked as he offers his hand to Kai

“Yep” Kai replied as he shook Chanyeol’s hand, “And when it comes to Baek, may the best man wins”.

“And whoever he chooses we’ll respect it” Chanyeol said seriously, “but if he choose you I wouldn’t worry since I know you’ll take care of him”.

 

Chanyeol and Kai smiled like idiots for their friendship was mended.

“Same goes for you man” Kai said as he jokingly punched Chanyeol on the arm.

“Let’s go find that damsel in distress” Chanyeol said as his eyes twinkled with laughter.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

YEEEEEYYYYY FINALLY I WAS ABLE TO FINISH THIS CHAPTER. TWO OR MAYBE THREE MORE CHAPTERS LEFT AND THE SEARCH IS OVER. THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS I'M SOOO TOUCHED, UWU