The Butterfly and the Wolf pt. 2

Loveliest Confusion

Clearing his throat, Kai nervously asked, “Will you ride the Ferris wheel with me?” Beads of sweat appeared on Kai’s forehead as Baekhyun’s eyes shine with excitement.

Baekhyun had always loved Ferris wheels. He loved the view it offers and the feel of the wind caressing his face.

 

“Really?” Baekhyun smiled his voice high from excitement.

 

Nodding his head slowly, Kai looked at him with adoration in his eyes, “Only if you want to”. It didn’t took Baekhyun long to answer. “Of course, I love to”

Taking Kai’s hand they raced towards the giant wheel rotating majestically. The seats of the Ferris wheel were roofless so when it took them on top, they could smell the breeze from the ocean as they watch the city lights on the water.

 

Baekhyun loved the view he didn’t expected that hanging out with Kai would be this fun. Although a small part of him, a part that he helplessly tries to bury, actually hopes that the one sitting opposite him is the hazel eyed giant.

Shaking the thought away, Baekhyun smiled at Kai, genuinely grateful for the badboy’s efforts.

 

“Thank you, I really had fun today”

 

Hearing Baekhyun’s words, Kai couldn’t stop the smile that’s slowly forming on his face. Seeing Bakehyun smile because of him made him feel like superman, he felt like shouting and jumping from roof to roofs but he controlled himself, he doesn’t want to scare the smaller boy opposite him. Kai remembered those times when he made Baekhyun cried and a stab in his heart made him winced.

 

“What’s wrong?” Baekhyun asked, concern lacing his face.

Kai shrugged, “It’s nothing”.

“Tell me please” Baekhyun pleaded.

Kai couldn’t ignore those eyes, it was definitely his undoing. Scratching his head he took a deep breath as he starts to confess.

 

“The truth is I was thinking of those times I made you cry” laughing weakly, Kai shifted his gaze towards the sky, looking at it as if it’s an interesting specie, “I don’t like hurting you but that’s what I’ve always been good at, hurting the people that I love”. Smiling to himself, Kai looked at Baekhyun, his eyes shining softly in the dark. “I was so scared of how I felt for you that I was able to say those things”.

Pulling Baekhyun’s hand towards his lips, he started to rain soft kisses on Baekhyun’s knuckles. Baekhyun felt himself blushed, he was definitely not expecting a confession, and it didn’t even cross his mind. Sensing Baekhyun’s discomfort, Kai let go of Baekhyun’s hand and once again looked at the sky, “You don’t have to tell me your answer now, just think about it”. 

 

As if on cue, their ride ended but unlike the ride Baekhyun’s thoughts continuously jumbles in his mind. They were walking towards the carnival’s exit when Baekhyun decided to use the restroom. Excusing himself, Baekhyun rushed towards the nearby stall. Just when he was going to open the door, a tap on his shoulder made him turn his head and saw a gray haired woman with the air of the ancients.

 

“Bonjour” the woman greeted.  

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

HEY GUISE REMEMBER WHEN I TOLD YOU THAT I'M INTRODUCING A NEW CHARA, WELL DA OLD WOMAN IS NOT THE CHARA AND SHE'S JUST SOME RANDOM CHARA I MADE UP DUE TO MY OBSESSIONS ABOUT LEGENDS. SO ABOUT THE LEGEND I MADE IT UP, HAHAHAHA BUT PLEASE I RLY HOPE U WAIT FOR MY INTRO FOR THE NEW CHARA HE'S SO IMPORTANT TO ME. HE'S ACTUALLY MY BIAS SO PLEASE WAIT FOR HIM.

P.S I'M ACTUALLY WORKING FOR THE POSTER OF THIS STORY. SINCE MY FRIEND HAD BEEN BUGGING ME ABOUT IT. ANYWAYS THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVES AND BOW*