eight; unbefriended

The CEO's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Hey," Miyoung finally arrived, smiling at him as she took a seat across him. "Am I late? Have you waited for so long?" She immediately asked. Sunggyu could see the worry plastered on her face. He, on the other hand, felt an icy chill in his spine. It was weird.

"No, it's okay. I've also just arrived." He told her.

"So, what are we gonna talk about? That's why you called me right? You said you wanted to talk to me."

"Yeah, that's right. But how about if we take an order first?"

Miyoung smiled. "Oh, it can wait. I'm really not that hungry yet. So what do you want to tell me?" She said. She was anxious to know it, he could sense it. Somehow, he doesn't want to burst her bubble but he really have to do this.

He cleared his throat. "Um, Miyoung-ah, I know you told your dad about our date—blind date, I mean."

"Oh, did he talk to you about it? If so, just don't mind him."

"Exactly the point. He talked to me about it." He paused for a moment. "Can I be honest with you, Miyoung-ah?"

"Yes, of course. You can be honest with me."

He sighed. "I'm not...I'm not comfortable on how your dad knows about our date."

"Oh. Then I'm sorry."

"And I'm not comfortable around you, either." He finally voiced out what was boggling his mind ever since she arrived. "No offense, it's just that you are our CEO's daughter. I can't be friends with you."

"Why not?" Miyoung looked hurt. It was visible on her face. "I mean...do I not deserve to be friends with you? Yes, I'm the CEO's daughter but I'm human too. I need friends as much as you do."

"I know. It's just that, you and I are different. You are different."

"How am I different? Because I'm rich? Friendship doesn't require social status. Rich people can be friends with those below them and vice versa. I'm not different. Even though my dad is the CEO, we can be friends."

Sunggyu sighed silently. "Miyoung-ah, you're just out of my league to be my friend. I'm awkward with girls, especially to someone like you. I know you grew up getting all the things you want but I'm different. You can't force anyone to be around you when you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter