twenty-nine; longing heart

The CEO's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sunggyu stared at the ceiling through the darkness. His roommate was snoring on his bed; it must be around midnight already. Just like those nights ever since Miyoung left, which was three days ago, he was having a hard time sleeping. Day by day, his eyebags were bulging and he looked like a walking zombie. He could pass as a zombie on Walking Dead.

Sighing, he sat up and flicked on the lampshade on his side. He rested his head on the headboard and stared into space once again. He wondered if Miyoung was doing fine. He wondered if she finally moved on from him.

Damn. He was a jerk and he deserved it. Totally deserved it.

He missed her, that's for sure. He was longing to see her face and to hear her voice. But there's nothing he could do now. Miyoung was miles away from him and he doubted if she wanted to see him again. He even believed she despised him, loathed him for breaking her heart. Not that he blamed her though because it was entirely his fault.

Sunggyu reached for the bedside table's drawer and fished out the small jewelry box. It's the necklace he bought for her in Japan and it's been sitting there for a week already. He opened the small box and the necklace blinked at the faint light. His heart ached upon seeing it and he couldn't help himself but remember Miyoung's face as he stared at it.

There was a sudden lump on his throat and he blinked. He flipped the box closed and put it back on the drawer. Even though he still didn't feel like sleeping, he turned the lamp off and laid down back to bed. The darkness engulfed him and greeted his eyes again. He tried to close his eyes and sleep but it just really hard for him.

He squeezed his eyes shut for the nth time and tried to relax himself. It was then after somewhat an eternity, he could feel himself slowly drifting to dreamland. And finally he fell asleep.

But it was as though he only fell asleep for ten minutes, the alarm clock rang off. Reluctantly, he dragged himself out of bed. The members noticed his current state so Woohyun and Dongwoo offered to cook breakfast instead. Sunggyu then waited until all of the members had gone shower before his turn.

"Make it fast, hyung." L muttered. "Don't sleep in the bathroom".

He scowled. "I won't."

He didn't; but then he spend fifteen minutes staring into space. If it wasn't because of the knock on the door, he wouldn't snapped out of his reverie. Today was the day of their music video filming and unlike those days he'd done something like this, he wasn't on the mood right now.

"Hyung, cheer up. We haven't seen your smile these past few days and we all miss it. No kidding." Hoya told him inside the van as they drove off to filming.

He forced a smile. "How about this?" He said as he turned his head to him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter