fifteen; friends' bet

The CEO's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"I'm so sorry, Sunggyu-ah for smudging your shirt with my tears." She smiled apologetically, her fingers fidgeting together. They sat side by side under the shade of the tree, feeling the cool wind and enjoying the view below the hill.

Sunggyu smiled. "It's fine." He said. She was somehow caught off guard when he looked into her eyes. "Just remember that I'll be here when you need me, okay?"

She nodded. "Okay. Thank you so much, Sunggyu-ah." She told him. There was a smile on his face when he nodded back. Then he stood up, offering his hand to her. She took his hand and he helped her stood up. That electrifying heat she felt before came back once again. She immediately pulled her hand away and hoping Sunggyu wouldn't notice her sudden action. He didn't seem to mind so she was thankful.

"I think we should head home now." He said. "It would take us long to drive back to the city."

She nodded. "Yeah, I think we should."

Smiling, he took her hand again and placed it on his arm. They walked together back to the car. No one said a word. It was like both of them didn't need to say something. Which was of course alright for her. There was a smile plastered on her lips as she walked. It was not only her hand that was pinned in his arms but she was close to him. So close.

She had never been this close to him before, like right now she could see that tiny pimple on his cheek. She could sit all day watching his side profile, she wouldn't complain.

Yes, she was that attracted to him.

She didn't know if he was attracted to her. But it doesn't matter. For her, being his friend at this point in time was enough for her. She's not that type of girl who's desperate to be noticed and to be liked.

"Thank you so much for everything, Sunggyu-ah." She said again the moment he stopped the car right in front of her house after the long hours of driving.

He smiled. "My pleasure. Just tell me if you want to go back there again." He said.

She couldn't help but smile. "I will." She muttered. "Be safe. Drive carefully back to your dorm." She said as she opened the door of his car and slid out.

"I will." He called back before she could shut the door. Seconds later, he drove away. She waved and found herself still smiling, unable to erase it from her face.

*

 

 

"Hyung, where the hell have you gone?" Sungjong asked when the youngest member opened the door. He sighed and stepped inside. "We've been looking out for you and you didn't answer a single call from us. Nor you didn't call back. What were you up to? Are you—"

"Maknae? Stop. I'm dead tired. "He cut him off. " And I'm hungry."

"Food's in the kitchen, hyung." Sungyeol chirped, finally leaving his eyes from the book he was reading. Everyone was in the living room except for Dongwoo.

"Where's dino?" He asked.

"He's currently bombing the toilet, hyung." Hoya replied, chuckling. Everyone laughed, including himself.

He then went straight to the kitchen and started stuffing himself with food. Woohyun appeared afterwards. "Where have you been, hyung?" He asked as he poured cold water on a glass.

"I'm out with Miyoung-ah." He casually replied and Woohyun choked on his water.

"Seriously? Not kidding?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter