sixteen; Sunggyu, the knight in shining leather jacket

The CEO's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Here you are again. You're being childish." Her father almost snapped at her. His voice raised an octave more than usual. Not to mention he was looking at her like he was bored. He was obviously had enough of this kind of conversation with her. It's getting repetitive, she knew. But she just couldn't seem to let everything slide and move on. She couldn't seem to let her life more than it already was.

"Dad..." She muttered exasperatedly. "All I'm asking is just time. Is that already being childish?"

He sighed. "You're not a four-year-old kid anymore that needs tending, Miyoung-ah. You are a twenty three-year-old woman already, for heaven's sake."

She fought the urge to cry. Clenching her fists together, she gulped the lump on . Don't you remember? You barely even have time for me when I was a kid, she wanted to say but stopped herself even before she could open . That was true. Her parents barely have time for her ever since. But at least, before, they shared an hour with her. While the rest of the day, she spent it with her nanny.

Her father let out a sigh again. "I promise, once this is over, I'll be with you okay?" He said.

She shook her head lightly. "Don't even promise, dad. I've heard that word from you so many times already. It's sickening." She said bitterly, and with that, she stormed out from his office.

*

 

Sunggyu walked out immediately from the practice room after getting his phone. He almost left it and he was thankful it was just right there. Sometimes, he doesn't know where he had put his phone. He's that forgetful sometimes. One of the many instances of it was he left it on the van and he spent the whole four hours looking for it. s had already helped him, ringing for it but they didn't find it. It was then until their manager found it sitting comfortably at the comfy chair inside the van.

s were waiting for him outside the building so he hurried up. He didn't want to hear their whiny arses complaining about him taking so long to get back.

"Sunggyu!" Someone called and it was the CEO when he turned around. "Did you see Miyoung today?"

He shook his head. "No, I didn't sir."

Mr Lee sighed. "I'm worried, Sunggyu-ah. I didn't see her since this morning. She didn't call you?"

"No, she didn't." He replied.

"Where could she be?" Mr Lee wondered.

Did you fight again with your daughter? He wanted to ask but stopped himself. He has no right to ask personal matters. And even if the two were fighting, he shouldn't get in the way. That's none of his business anymore. "You didn't call her?" He asked instead.

"I tried but she won't answer." He said. "We had a small fight this morning, that's why."

"Oh, I see." He muttered and realized he was right. "Do you want me to look for her instead?" He suddenly said and he wanted to strangle his own self right then and there. If only it wouldn't look like he was crazy, he was proba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter