twenty-one; by the poolside

The CEO's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Miyoung groaned, opened her eyes slowly and found the room empty. She was all alone. The girls left her alone and no, she wasn't mad at all. It was already nine fifteen in the morning. She slept really late last night so it was no wonder why she woke up at nine the next morning.

Feeling her stomach grumbled, she got off the bed and brushed her teeth. After a while, she went out of the room to eat breakfast. As she made her way to the kitchen, she heard noises from the outside. The boys were obviously making the most out of it. They only got  a few days vacation so it was expected, of course. Slowly and alone, she ate breakfast while listening to the laughing and cheers outside. It didn't shock her how the voices can still be heard inside the house because her friends all got a big mouth. Especially Dongwoo. His voice topped the rest. Once she was done, she made her way outside, at the pool in particular since all of her friends were there.

"Miyoung-ah!" Heeyoung squeaked when she saw her. Miyoung waved and from the corner of her eyes, she saw Sunggyu abruptly stood up and rushed towards her. Heat prickled her skin once again.

"Hey.." He smiled.

She gulped. "H-Hi." She even cracked her voice. Who wouldn't? Sunggyu forgot to grab a shirt and he was practically half- as he paraded towards her like he was on a runway or something. She felt her cheeks starting to color as she tried not to linger her eyes on his toned abs longer than she should. Once again, she gulped.

“Are you sure you’re fine already?” He asked. “Can you now walk on your own?”

She nodded, trying to avert her eyes anywhere but his torso. “I-I’m fine, don’t worry. I can walk. Don’t worry too much, okay?”

He smiled. “Okay.”

Silence then engulfed them both and it’s getting awkward every second. He cleared his throat, and she did the same thing as him.

“Um…” He smiled sheepishly. “Come here. Join us.”

“O-Okay.” She nodded. But please grab a shirt first. You’re adding heat around here. She added at the back of her head. It was kind of embarrassing how she thought he was adding some heat. If he would know what she was thinking about him, she would really want to die in a hole. She followed him behind as he walked back towards the sunbathing chairs lining up near the pool. She sat on one of them and Sungjong immediately sat beside her not caring that he was drenched. She didn’t mind it though but here comes Sunggyu who was being protective of her and pulled the younger man away.

“Mango juice? Or mango juice?” Rina asked, laughing. “Sorry, we’ve got only one.”

“That’s okay. I like mango juice.” She replied. Minutes later, Rina handed her a glass of mango juice. She took a sip, and at the same time watched the people enjoying themselves in the pool. Heeyoung was clearly enjoying while piggyback-riding her boyfriend’s back. L and Youngmi was on the side talking. A flower was placed on her ear and she bet it was L who placed it there. Sungjong, after being pushed away by Sunggyu, went to lift Hyemi up and attempted to drop her off the water. Hyemi was screeching but her boyfriend was just laughing at her. Seconds later, Sungjong dropped her off creating a splash. Hani and Sumi were on their boyfriends’ shoulder trying to knock each other off. Hoya and Woohyun were gripping their girlfriends’ legs as possible as they can so they wouldn’t fall off.

“There’s a bunch of kids in the pool.” Dongwoo remarked.

Sunggyu snorted. “As if you’re not a kid yourself.”

Rina laughed. “Just let them be. I completely understand that you guys seem like dogs that got out of their collar. You better make the most out of it. You’ve only got five days to do whatever you want to do.”

Her boyfriend sighed. “But this is getting boring. I want to go out. Maybe go to the beach or something.”

“We don’t want to draw attention. I thought we’ve already talked about it?” Sunggyu, being the leader, pointed out.

“I know, hyung. It’s just that, ever since we got here, we only have the pool. I want to go to the beach.” Dongwoo muttered.

Sunggyu sighed tiredly. “Yeah, you’re right.”

“Beach sounds fun and exciting.” Rina giggled. “The excitement of being seen or not by fans is so overwhelming. I think we should go.”

“Or instead of the beach, why don’t we go to a lake instead?” Sunggyu suggested. Miyoung thought it doesn’t sound bad at all. “Would you like to go to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter