four; no time at all

The CEO's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Dad?" Miyoung slowly opened the door of her father's office and found him tapping the screen of his phone. "Dad, can I talk to you for a minute?" She asked as she slowly entered his office trying not to make unnecessary sound.

"What is it, dear?" He asked but still his eyes were on the phone from his hand.

She fidgeted her fingers as she stood in front of her dad. "Um, I'm just wondering if we could somewhat have a good time together? I mean, I've just arrived from the States, dad. Would you at least spare a day for me, dad? I-I mean, I miss you, dad..." She added softly.

"But we've already had coffee together yesterday, right?" He said without looking up.

Yesterday.

"Yeah, but—"

"I'm sorry honey, but I'm very busy at this moment." He said and she sighed. She couldn't do anything about this situation. Heck. It's always been like this. Ever since she was little. So what's new? Why does she kept on insisting herself to her 'always busy' father? She should have known.

"But dad." She insisted. "Can't you spare some time with me?"

"Maybe next time, honey." He said as he set aside his phone and held his eyes on the papers from his desk as he read them. He didn't even bother to look up and meet her eyes. She sighed in defeat. She knew she will never win over her father. He will always win. No matter how she'll try.

So she decided to turn around and walk away, leaving footsteps that screamed hurt. But he was too engrossed with his work that he didn't bother at all.

Miyoung left with a heavy heart.

*

 

 

She found herself wandering around the Woollim building, visiting the several rooms of the building. After some time, when she felt tired already, she decided to go out and buy herself a bubble tea. She stayed at the tea house for a moment, letting her eyes wander around the unique cafe.

"Excuse me? Do you mind if I share?" A pretty girl about her age smiled down at her. Miyoung smiled back in response.

"Sure," she said. "I wouldn't mind."

"Thanks." The newcomer muttered. "My name is Shin Rina, by the way."

"Lee Miyoung." She replied as she  took Rina's hand for a handshake. "Nice meeting you, Rina ssi."

"My pleasure, too." Rina smiled back. "Wait, you really didn't look from here. Or are you?"

She laughed. "I'm from New York." She said. She was about to add some conversation when suddenly three teenage girls went up and asked for a picture with Rina. Miyoung, looking confused, asked the new-found friend. "Are you a celebrity?"

Rina laughed. "No, not really. My boyfriend, he's the real celebrity."

"Really?"

"Yes." Rina shyly nodded as she sipped on her bubble tea.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter