twenty-six; the parents

The CEO's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Panic enveloped both Mr and Mrs Lee when the news of their daughter involved in an accident reached them. The hospital just called and they both scrambled to the door, their argument from earlier left hanging. After a couple of minutes, they arrived at the hospital and they immediately talked to the doctor. Miyoung, unfortunately, was still unconscious when they arrived and found her sleeping on the hospital bed. There was a bandage wrapped around her head. The doctor said she suffered a concussion and nothing else but they still need to check up on her from time to time.

Mrs Lee sat beside the bed, tears filled her eyes as she held her daughter's hand. "Is she trying to suicide?" She asked no one in particular but her husband looked at her from the window.

"No. I believe that's not what happened." He said. "We know Miyoung. She's not like that."

Mrs Lee sniffed back her tears as she nodded. "Yeah, our Miyoung isn't like that. She wouldn't do such thing." She said. As if Miyoung had heard her, she moaned.

"I'll call the doctor." Mr Lee headed for the door.

"Miyoung-ah, honey, mom's here." She muttered softly. Miyoung moaned again and her eyes fluttered. That was when the doctor came and checked her vital signs. Miyoung's eyes fully opened and there were full of questions.

"You're here in the hospital." The doctor told her. "You've got into an accident but you should be fine. No need to worry." Once the doctor was finally done checking her vital signs, he walked out of the room giving the family some space.

"Mom..."Miyoung moaned. Immediately her mom went to her.

"It's alright, dear." She said. Her father went to her as well. "What exactly has happened? You're not trying to suicide, are you?"

She shook her head softly. "No...there was a dog crossing the street. I tried to avoid it and I hit the traffic island instead. An approaching car hit me a-and I didn't know what happened after that."

"Oh, honey~ We're just glad you're fine. Dad and I worried so much about you."

"Really?" She asked, sarcasm was dangling on her question. That shut her mom for a moment while her dad sighed in somewhat exasperation or something. 

"We are so sorry for hurting you." Her dad started in a low voice. It was as though he wanted her to understand. She fought the urge to break into tears so she gulped with so much difficulty.

"Why?" She asked in a croaked voice.

Mrs Lee blinked. "Honey?"

"Why did you suddenly want a divorce?" Her voice was unsurprisingly filled with pain and anger, and her head throbbed in response. "Because you feel like you don't love each other anymore? That's total bull. If you don’t feel the love anymore, that is exactly the indication that you need to choose to act the love and see what happens." Tears started to well up in her eyes once again. "Why don't you both start to invest time and effort for each other? Is it really that difficult to remember the love you once had?"

Her parents tore their eyes away from her and they even didn't say a word.

"What would I do with money if I don't have you both?" She muttered softly and they instantly looked back at her. Her mom's eyes was filled with tears. "I don't need a big house, I don't need designer clothes, jewelries, branded bags and shoes, I don't need them. I just simply want you both. Is that really hard to understand, mom, dad?"

"Miyoung-ah..." Mrs Lee's voice quivered.

With still shaking voice, she added, "Please, think it over. Just for me, please."

A tear had finally shed from her mother's eyes. Miyoung closed her eyes letting the tear fall from the corner of her eyes. She didn't say anything after that, she stayed silent. Her head was tilted to the side as if she was done talking to them. Mrs Lee reached for her hand but didn't say a word. And Miyoung wasn't sure what that meant.

*

 

"Mr Lee!" Sunggyu called the moment he saw him hurrying inside the building. He didn't except him to return so soon especially that his daughter was in the hospital. "How's Miyoung?" He asked him as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter