thirty; the beginning of something called LOVE

The CEO's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"So, how about a younger brother or sister? You want?" Mom was beaming at her and Miyoung mimed throwing up. Mrs Lee guffawed in response. Today was her parents' flight to Caribbean. Unfortunately for her, her dad didn't want her to go with them because he wanted her to stay here. And hearing her mom's words about younger siblings, she changed her mind. Now she didn't want to go. She was sure of that.

"Mom, stop." She gave her a look.

Her mom laughed once again. "I'm just asking."

"God, you're too old to conceive." She grimaced.

Mrs Lee smacked her head playfully. "I am not too old." Miyoung just beamed. Seconds later, her father appeared in the kitchen and joined them. Her parents' flight will be at ten and it's still seven in the morning so they got enough time left.

"All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go~" Dad sang as he grabbed himself a glass of kiwi fruit shake. Mom hummed in tune with him. Miyoung fought the urge to grin. She knew her parents were not faking it all in front of her. She had seen their closeness before; it's not over-the-top, and it's basically the same thing she had witnessed ever since they decided to work things out again for her.

"So," her dad started, looking at her. "What do you want as a gift from the Caribbean?"

She beamed. "Surprise me, dad."

"Oh, honey, I wish you could go."

She rolled her eyes to her mom. "I'd rather stay here, mom."

"Yes, you should." His dad chirped. "Next month, we'll have out time together. As a family."

Her face lightened up, so was her mom's. "Really?"

"Yes, I had it all planned already."

"OMG, thanks dad!" She gave him a warm hug. Soon enough they continued their breakfast. After that, her mom and dad went back to their room to check everything before finally going to the airport. Miyoung watched them by the door as they crammed like lunatics.

Minutes later and after all the not-so-sad goodbyes, her parents left to the airport. She insisted in taking them to the airport but her dad didn't want to bother her that much. She said it was okay but he refused. And so she didn't press on because she knew no matter how she argued with him, she will never win.

She was left alone and decided to just have a moment of herself in the bathtub. Sipping with a margarita while soaking in the water with rose petals wouldn't hurt. She closed her eyes and relaxed herself. But then Sunggyu's handsome face slowly appeared in her mind. Just like before when she didn't have anything to do to occupy her mind.

She let out a sigh.

I miss you, she thought as she didn't dare shook him off her mind. It was as though it was the only way she could communicate with him; like the words in her mind could reach him.

Miyoung allowed herself to drift into dreamland. She thought she needed a few moments to take a nap. In her dreams, Sunggyu appeared. She saw him; he saw her. No words had come out of their mouths. But instead, they looked into each other's eyes. He cupped her chin and slowly dipped his head down. Miyoung's lips parted, waiting for his kiss. She closed her eyes, her heart beating faster as she anticipated the kiss. But it didn't happen. 

Sunggyu disappeared.

She stirred and woke up from her nap. A whining groan escaped her lips. That short dream...why did it have to end like that?

Sullen, she got out of the tub and dressed herself. Since she had no plans in going out, she wore a denim shorts and pulled on a blue baggy shirt. She headed straight to the kitchen to grab an ice cream from the fridge and went to the living room to watch TV. She was beginning to feel bored but she's too lazy to go out. She was watching a TV show but not completely understood what she was watching.

The doorbell chimed in and she blinked. She wasn't expecting anyone. Ah, maybe her mom's assistant or something.

Putting the ice cream on the table, she rushed towards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter