nineteen; fate's game plan

The CEO's Daughter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The next morning, everyone was having fun. Except for Miyoung, who was just lurking under the big umbrella while everyone was in the pool, and Sunggyu who was inside the house probably lurking inside his room. She could live with that actually. To be honest, she wasn't ready to face him or anything. Whenever she would have an eye-to-eye contact with him, her knees would automatically wobble like she was some kind of a jelly or something. Except for the hallway encounter yesterday, she haven't really seen him face to face. She took dinner late last night after the whole group. She pretended to be asleep inside her room.

She had a full view of what would be the remaining days would feel like. Yup, that's right. B-O-R-I-N-G.

Unless if she would decide to have fun with them and ignore Sunggyu's appearance all the way. If only that's easy but unlucky for her, it wasn't.

"Hey, Miyoung noona!" Sungjong called from the pool and broke her reverie. She blinked as she propped herself up the sunbathing chair. "Have you seen Sunggyu hyung?" He asked.

She gulped. Why does he suddenly ask about him?

"No, I haven't." She replied.

"Oh." He smiled. "Would you find him for us please?"

"What?" She half-shouted even before she could stop herself. That didn't come out right. Everyone in the pool looked at her like she had grown three heads. She cleared . "I-I mean, I guess he's inside. I'm sure he'll come here in any minute."

Woohyun grinned. "Are you having a fight with hyung?"

"What? Of course not." She said defensively. Much to her embarrassment, they laughed as if they knew the truth. Miyoung wanted to die in a hole. But no. She didn't want to appear obvious. "Fine. I'll find him for you." She said before she could think about it. But it's too late now. She was already heading her way inside the house. What if she'll just go back and say she didn't see him? Nah, they won't believe her. And that reason enough was suspicious already.

Reluctantly, she continued walking. Good thing, she knew where his room was. She headed straight to it even if she was unsure if he was really there.

She took a deep breath before knocking on the door, And when no one answered, she gripped the door knob intending to twist it open. But suddenly the door opened and she was pulled inside together with it. Sunggyu's wide eyes met hers but she couldn't stop herself from landing against him.

Sunggyu caught her, his hands on the either side of her waist. She heard a wild thumping and only then she realized it was his heart. Her face landed on his broad chest. His perfume filled her nostrils making her think inappropriate thoughts about him.

She jumped away immediately, clearing in the process. "I-I'm sorry, I—"

"It's okay." He said almost the same she did.

She tucked her hair behind her ear, feeling herself flushed from the sudden closeness they just had. "Um, your members asked me to...to find you. They're looking out for you." She explained.

"Oh." He was nodding his head slightly. "I'm actually about to go outside."

"Oh. Um, I'm really sorry then."

"No, don't apologize." He said. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"Hmm, okay." She muttered softly. She took a step back while Sunggyu was watching her face. She tried not to lower her eyes on his white shirt. He looked y while wearing it. "Okay, I-I'll just go ahead." He nodded and that's her cue. She started walking back outside, leaving him behind.

*

 

Dongwoo, Woohyun, and Sungyeol were dancing to Orange Caramel's Catallena but in a more exaggerated and funny way. The boys were obviously tipsy and Sunggyu was there like a security guard watching s. He didn't even took a single sip of the alcohol, probably not wanting to be tipsy as well.

Miyoung couldn't help but glance at him from time to time. He looked serious but sometimes he would laugh as well. At one point, she saw him staring at somewhere and spacing himself out. During that moment, she wondered what he was thinking.

Much to her horror, Sunggyu suddenly whirled his head and caught her staring at him.

She gulped and tore her eyes away from him. She knew it wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter