Chapter 6

Intoxicated
The pieces of the puzzle that were missing from Alice Crescent, were slowly coming together. She was the girl their creator had been talking about, the girls whose soul who had been combined with a firebirds soul.
 
"Do you need some help" a deep voice said, Alice jumped, "just looking" she said smiling, the sales assistant smiled back. 'He has a derpy smile' she thought, "we'll if your not looking for anything in particular, may I recommend something" he said, Alice nodded thoughtfully. "One of my favourite, myths, it's a Slavic folklore, the firebird" he said handing her the book from a tall shelf. "Like a Phoenix" she asked, he looked amused "A Phoenix is very similar to a firebird, but whereas Phoenix's die and are reborn a firebird stops ageing completely at a certain age, and firebirds are mischievous creatures who were said to be have feathers that shined like no other and had unbelievable power" he said. Alice nodded and took the book from him, "Park Chanyeol" he said holding out his hand, "Alice Crescent" she said shaking it. "If you have any more questions, feel free to come an ask me" Chanyeol said smiling brightly. 
 
Alice sat at her desk carefully reading through the book, occasionally checking her Russian translation book, surprisingly she didn't need it, the Russian words were easier to understand than she had thought. "The reincarnation of the firebird" Alice read aloud,staring at the picture of the girl laying on a bed of flames with the firebird above her, wings spread wide showcasing colours of gold, red, orange and yellow. 'When the last firebird died it flew down from the heavens and as it reached the world, the firebird heard the plea of a mother whose child was born still, the firebirds heart ached and flew to the mother, the firebird was not able to heal the child but instead combined their souls, the child came back to life but the firebirds body turned into flames and then to ashes' Alice finished reading. "Where's the rest" she said, "no that can't be it" she muttered.
 
"Where's the book" Kris growled  Chanyeol simply smirked, "I gave it to her" he said, "why would you do that" he said in disbelief.
 
Chanyeol rolled her eyes, "she had the right to know, you are not my leader Kris, Suho is" Chanyeol said, matching Kris's stare.
 
"Um hi, Chanyeol??", "ahh Alice nice to see you again" he said smiling brightly. "Finish the firebird so soon" he added, Alice nodded "um yea but I'm curious, is their anything else about the firebirds reincarnation" she asked. Chanyeol smirked mentally, faking a sad face "we'll it was here a few hours ago but a man named Kris came in and took it. "Is he about six foot, blonde hair, Chinese" Alice said, Chanyeol nodded "that was him" he said nodding. Alice nodded to herself, "thanks Chanyeol" she said smiling, "but I've read the book a couple of times, if you have any questions I could answer them now" he offered. "That would be awesome" Alice said, her smile growing, "shall we" he said offering his arm, which Alice took.
 
 
AN New chapter a little later than planned but blame the sci if channel for having a torchwood marathon, I hope you enjoy it and welcome new subbies, until next time, I tweaked the story of the firebird, their are a few versions around but the firebird is completely different than the Phoenix.
 
comment and subscribe