Chapter 5

Intoxicated
Alice had arrived early to class, to take her usual place in the back of her class. "Arriving early to see me", Alice snorted "you wish" she muttered, Kris sat down in the chair next to hers. "So how's your grandfather" he asked peering over her shoulder in an attempt to see what she was doing. "He's fine now, just got a few bruises" she said shrugging and vainly attempting to hide her sketchbook. Kris quickly grabbed it out from beneath her, Kris stared at the drawing in amazement, "you drew this" he asked still staring at it, the drawing was a fully detailed Dragon,spewing flames from his mouth. Alice nodded and tugged at her sleeve, feeling slightly embarrassed. 
 
Kris handed her back her sketchbook, "you know I'm quite the artist myself" he said winking. "Oh really" Alice said, Kris pulled out his notepad and flipped to the back, "have a look" he said pushing it towards her. Alice blinked "umm not to sound rude but what is it" she asked blinking, "what can't you tell, its an alpaca" Kris said.  "Oh is that what it is" she said tilting her head. "Why what do you think it is" he asked, "I honestly have no clue" she said handing him back his notebook. "You obviously lack the eye to notice my amazing skill" he scoffed, "that's definitely it" she said laughing, Kris smiled at her, as people filled into the classroom. 
 
"So do you wanna go out after school" Kris asked, Alice raised an eyebrow "why?" She asked. "To hang out, get to know each other, to become better friends" he said emphasising the word 'friends'. "I didn't realise we were friends to begin with" she said opening her locker, "why not, does being friends with me seem that awful" Kris said pouting slightly. "We'll no" Alice began, "then it's settled, I'll meet you on the pier at 3:30" Kris said, "why don't we go together" she said feeling a little confused. He hesitated "I have to go do something now" he said,Alice nodded "see you then I suppose" she said.
 
Kris and Suho sat in the dinning room, "it's worse than we thought" Suho said "Masterson isn't just an esteemed hunter, he's an esteemed vampire hunter too" He added. Kris growled and slammed his fists on the table causing the wood to crack a little. "I'm only hearing about this now" he said his eye beginning to turn a lethal shade of red, Suho sat their calmly "we only found out now too, we've had to tread lightly on asking information about him" he said. "I'm sorry" Kris said running his fingers through his hair, "it explains a lot though, he wasn't just a curious police officer to begin with" Kris said, "were on thin ice Kris, we need to tread twice as carefully as ever, I'm doing all I can at the station but he doesn't exactly trust me" Suho said standing up. Kris nodded "were all grateful for you and your members help in settling" Kris said, "we are one" Suho said shrugging "we are exo" Kris finished.
 
 Kris quickly ran down the pier, "your late" Alice called tapping her watch. "I'm sorry, things ran late" he said, Alice didn't bother to ask what it was. "So now what" she asked, "you tell me something about you and I'll tell you something about me" Kris said grinning,"really" Alice said, he nodded "you first then" she said. "We'll you know I'm an excellent artist, but I can rap too" he said, "let's hear" she said grinning. "Selected VIP, wouldn't it be mind-blowingly awesome, now we on a rock- rock- rocket just gotta keep your seatbelt fastened". Alice clapped "your amazing" she said, "I know, you go" Kris said grinning, Alice looked thoughtful "I'm petrified of spiders" she said. "Lame" he said rolling his eyes, "it was the first thing that came to mind" she said shrugging. 
 
After exchanging various random facts, "seriously" Kris asked, Alice nodded "I hate basketball" she said. "How can you not like basketball, it's the best sport ever" he said. "It is if your tall" Alice muttered darkly, Kris chuckled and ruffled her hair. "See today wasn't so bad" Kris said shrugging, "no it wasn't" she agreed.
After dropping her home Kris got to work, naturally she wasn't going to tell him about how she was able to dodge him at the library. "Why did you want her file" Suho said handing him the documents, "theirs something off about her" Kris murmured flicking through it. "Her parents died in a fire" Kris murmured to himself. "Yea I heard about that,the blaze was nearly uncontrollable took the firefighters half the night to put it out, yet she survived it" Suho said sighing. "What do you mean she survived" Kris said, "she was pulled from the rubble about five hours later, no burns, no smoke in her lungs it was a miracle she lived" Suho said. "That's what you are" Kris murmured. 
 
 
AN: here it is, thank you all for subscribing and I hope you are enjoying intoxicated. I'm going to try and update every two to three days from now on okay guys hope you enjoy.
 
comment and subscribe XOXO