Chapter 4

Intoxicated
Kris glared at chief Masterson, what was he doing here !! The glare was returned. He turned to face Alice, "your grandfather had a bit of a fall at work today" chief Masterson said firmly. Alice quickly ignored the glares shared between the two and went over to her grandfather, "are you okay grandpa" she murmured. He nodded weakly, "just need a little bit of a rest Hun" he mumbled, Alice took her grandfathers arm and helped him up the stairs.
 
"What are you doing here" chief Masterson growled at Kris, "just giving a friend a ride home from school" Kris said shrugging. "You should leave, Alice is home now" he said coldly, "I'll leave when she asks me too" he said shrugging.
 
"He seems fine, thank you for bringing him home chief" Alice said when she returned, his face remained blank, "your welcome, I have to go unless you need anything else" he said. Alice shook her head, "actually I wanted to ask you their was a boat, that exploded last night, right off the pier see, hear anything, anyone ?" He asked looking at Kris. Alice followed his gaze, "no I didn't" she said looking at Masterson, he stared at Kris and them Alice. "Just be careful" he said before walking out the front door, Alice wasn't an idiot, she knew what he meant, but 'why would he think Kris had anything to do with it' she thought looking at Kris from the corner of her eye. 
 
Kris could feel his throat beginning to burn, "I should go" he said standing up, Alice nodded, "thanks again" she said. Kris nodded"see you tomorrow Alice" he said smirking, "bye" she mumbled shutting the door. 
 
 
"Masterson's found out about the explosion" he said refilling his glass, Lay sat down at the table. "Think he'll find anything" Lay asked, Kris shook his head "the bodies of the younger ones would have shattered, all they'll find are pieces of boat" Kris said before sculling the contents of his glass. "Your drinking more than usual" Lay pointed out, "busy day tomorrow" he said. "Your going to see the human again aren't you?" Lay stated, Kris nodded "she's definitely very interesting" Kris said watching the last few drops of blood leave his glass. 
 
Alice quickly changed into her pajamas after she had put her grandfather back to sleep after she fed him some supper, he had a few nasty bruises but other than that he seemed fine. Plopping on her bed, she sighed "weirdest day ever" she mumbled, the room was dark considerings she hadn't bothered to turn the lights on, she sat up and stared at the candle on her bedside table. Leaning over she blew on the candles wick and a small flame soon began to form, in a few seconds the candle was burning brightly. She smiled slightly before laying back in bed.
 
Chief Masterson leaned back on his office chair, fiddling with the silver stake he had in his hand he smirked, "oh Kris, there's no point in covering yours and your friends tracks, I already know what you are" he mused. He flung the silver stake at the target,Directly hitting the middle, "vampire".
 
 
 
AN: here it is chapter 4 aww yea, it is a little late but I ended up going to an anime/cosplay BBQ at the last minute which meant hunting for my sephiroth wig that was probably to much info,anyways I hope you like it comment and subscribe