The Strongest is the One Who Doesn't Forget His Weakness

The Misconception of a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You barely noticed the rhythmic background melody of whispering sounds around you. Your eyes were closed. And so was your mind. It was one of those uncommon peaceful slumbers where you wouldn’t have any unpleasant dreams. A tiny smile was unknowingly decorating your sleeping face. You were rarely crying and that’s maybe the reason why you had been so exhausted earlier. An exhaustion which caused you to immediately fall asleep as soon as Sunggyu had led you to the couch to calm you down. As everybody in the room, he was awfully curious about what happened and why you had brought a child at home. But he just couldn’t satisfy his curiosity. Not before drying your painful tears. He never saw you letting out your pain and he was both happy and sad about it. He was sad because it was definitely not a thing he liked to see. And he was happy because it meant you were finally ready to show the real you and not to hold back anymore. To show your happy and joyful self. But also the weaker one. He just sat next to you on the couch, soothing your hair as he had placed your head so it could peacefully rest on his lap.

Your surrounding became clearer and clearer after a few minutes as you realized you were about to emerge from your sleep. You slowly began to unfold your legs to get rid of your fetal position, forcing yourself to loose the hold around your knees that provided you warmth. You reached out to rub your eyes and blinked several times to finally opening them completely without being blinded by the morning light.

“Good morning” Sunggyu greeted you with a gentle smile. You looked up to his face and quickly realized the position you were in.

“You could have woken me up” you answered softly while sitting on the couch next to him.

“No, you needed to rest, you were exhausted. That’s partly why you were on edge all this time” he chuckled and ruffled your hair gently. You smiled to him and you suddenly became aware of some other presences. Four to be precise. Luhan and Sehun were sitting on the other side of Sunggyu on the couch, patiently waiting for you to wake up. Their worried expressions were obvious. You were surprised that Luhan seemed to care for you but you decided to just ignore your bad feelings about him.

“I’m alright. Don’t look at me like that” You gave them both a bright smile.

Sehun shot you a tiny smile back, while Luhan simply nodded seriously. You looked over to the two remnant ones. Your eyes passed by Ravi, who was sitting on the floor Indian style just in front of the couch with a heavy frown and then flew toward Jimin’s figure, lying on your other side on the couch. You smiled at the view and turned toward the others, worried.

“Is he alright?” you asked.

“Yeah, he is. But you?” Ravi answered your question concerning Jimin dryly. His voice immediately softened once he had uttered the second part though.

“I am!” you exclaimed “Stop worrying over nothing!”

“Crying is not ‘nothing’, Seyi. Especially when it is you we are talking about.” Jimin suddenly spoke up.

You looked over to him and saw him straightening himself so he was sitting at your side. Your eyes instinctively checked his abdomen and his arms to see if there were any traces of Chanyeol’s attack but obviously it was all gone. You made a mental note to thank Yixing for that. And also because you weren’t feeling the aching sensation of your arm and your back anymore. You assumed he had healed you when you were asleep.

“Stop it” he suddenly said, what made him gain a quizzical look from you. “Worrying about me, stop it. Out of us, I’m the only one who has the right to be worried, right now” he scolded you with a pointed look.

How funny he was being right now. As if it was even possible. It was like that since you were children and you were sure he was himself worried about you right at this moment. How ironical. How funny of him to ask you something that ridiculous and nonsensical.

“Seyi…” his voice rose in a warning tone. You still didn’t avert your eyes from his own.

“Aah! Okay, I got it!” You sighed heavily in frustration. “Stop it too then, it is not like you never saw me cry before, you dumb idiot!”

Every person present in the room darted their heads toward the both of you with incredulous expressions. Until one person decided itself to speak out loud what the others were thinking.

“He did?” Ravi raised a questioning eyebrow and you instantly had the sensation you were going to be in trouble soon for the answer Jimin provided him with.

“Why wouldn’t I?” he smirked arrogantly to the older boy, obviously proud of having surpassed him in a field.

Ravi didn’t answer and simply gave him a hateful glare before turning to you with that same piercing stare he always gave you when he was sure you were hiding something from him. The only other reason which could justify such a look was the fact he was getting wrathful. A thing nobody wants to see. Never. And right now, you had the unsettling impression it was both of these two reasons.

“We will discuss that later, Seyi” The way the words traipsed on his tongue made shivers run down your spine.

Without a word, he stood up and stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind him. You shut your eyes close as the loudness echoed through the air. After a few seconds, you opened them slowly while turning your head toward Jimin. You both stared at each other a few seconds. Before he could even proceed what was happening, you threw him a pillow right in the face.

“Did you really have to play M. Arrogant? Is it even a thing to brag about?!” you shouted in frustration.

“Yes, it is! And you’re the one who admitted it first… Well, who cares?! He is just being a jealous bastard, don’t mind him!” he yelled in response, obviously annoyed to the core that you dared reprimanding him about his behaviour toward his despised elder. He crossed his arms in a mulish, rough movement, his way to say the conversation was over.

“Good then.” You turned to Sunggyu “You were right, you’re definitely the only person I can count on” you ruffled the boy’s hair affectionately and you chuckled seeing he was foolishly beaming at you in response.

You quickly got off the couch and began walking toward the stairs to wash up and get dressed as you heard an all too familiar scoff. You stopped in your track and looked back in utter confusion.

“What does that make us? Just some trash?” Luhan retorted disdainfully, not even bothering to look at you when he talked.

You eyed him carefully for a few seconds and witnessed how he was slightly shaking his head with dismay. He was right. You had been rude without intending to be. You smiled at him, even if he couldn’t see your expression.

“Of course not, I love you too!”

Hearing the words that just came out of your lips, he suddenly looked up to you with googly eyes. Your smile didn’t fade even if you were quite dazed by how you had succeeded to gain such a powerful reaction from hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter