Pandora's Two Faces

The Misconception of a Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were leading you throughout the humongous house which resembled more a manor.

It may sound a bit cliché, but the facts were here. Of course, it wasn’t the kind we could see on horror movies. It was looking like a modern castle on the outside with its white and brown colours, and the trees sticking to the entry in a protective way. It was composed of three buildings placed in equidistance at the front. The two buildings, at the left and right sides housed the bedrooms and the bathrooms. As to the middle one, it was a large and not so high tower. In other words, it was the entry of the mansion. Thanks to it, we could access a fourth pavilion, which size was a least three times the size of the others. It was spread behind the three building as if its only function was to support the whole structure of the entire mansion. And you quickly became aware it wasn’t the only one. Because this pavilion was also the main building. They had already showed you the kitchen, the two living rooms, the dining room, the gym, the audiovisual room which you ironically assumed out loud it was where they used computers, played video games and looked at the TV. When they looked at you and actually nodded, you swore the world had gone crazy.

“We are not really different from you, you know…” The brown-haired boy who you still didn’t know the name of suddenly blurted out.

You looked up to see his ironical expression. However, all you could see was eventually an utter seriousness. You blinked at him several times due to the surprise and then your laugh escaped your control. As to them, they just looked at you in bafflement, not knowing how to take this outburst of yours. Suddenly, you straightened and stopped your incredulous chortle, your gaze lost in front of you.

“Yes. I quite agree. We really do look alike.” You turned your head to them this time and your ironical tone and you laugh were nowhere to be found. Your eyes were dark and dull, mirroring the awful things you had witnessed in the last few years. Your next words were harsh and so was your voice “Aside from the fact that we are protecting the people and you are committing awfully dreadful and deadly acts all around the world, terrifying innocent people, depriving them of their family, slaying them without showing the slightest remorse. You scoffed heavily, avoiding their gazes angrily for a second, before your eyes found them again. “Yeah, sure. The fact is Human are now like you. Cruel. Bitter. Heartless. Grievous. Unkind. Because you made them become like this. Because they fear you.” You pointed your index at them accusingly. How much you hated them right at this moment. Even the mesmerizing angel looking guy. If you weren’t sure they had the advantage, you wouldn’t have hesitated to aim their heartless heart with one of your arrows.

“And you don’t?” Luhan asked then, raising his eyebrow curiously.

“Why would I? I’m afraid of something when I doubt whether it is good or bad. When it comes to your kind, there isn’t any doubt.” You made a pause. “I feared you once, but then I learned hatred fit you better. Now, I loathe you too much to fear you.” You answered his question freely, staring at him right in the eyes, your face so expressionless that it was disturbing.

“You are so ignorant, you don’t even know us” He stared at you in the same way you did.

“And I don’t want to know you. I want nothing to do with you” You closed your eyes as to put an end to the conversation. You turned the heels and began to walk away. You didn’t know where to go and it was kind of stupid but you just wanted to be alone. You didn’t want to be around them any longer because it irked you to the core. Oddly, they didn’t try to prevent you from doing it. Maybe they assumed you needed some time to get familiar with them.

You didn’t know where you were, but you just continued walking, tra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter