R - ~ - C - Y

Soul Strings

Jessica trembled in anger and frustration as she left her friends in the cafeteria. They would never understand and it hurt to know that neither would Krystal. Damn this supposed gift of seeing your red string. She had the hopes of meeting her soul mate and all she’s seen is other people’s connected strings.

 

Damn this gift.

 

It was a damn curse.

 

The ice princess gritted her teeth as she walked past several groups of people. Their tangles of strings were seen and it caused more irritation to Jessica. Why her? Why could she see everyone’s strings? It only caused her heartache. The entanglement of strings that she passed by seemed to dissipate when she came into contact with it.

 

Wait.

 

Was her wish coming true? Was she finally free of the curse?

 

Her eyes glanced around to see everyone’s strings around her begin to fade. She watched as they disappeared one by one. A sense of relief settled in her stomach. The sense of relief soon turned to panic when she felt something.

 

A tug.

 

Her eyes scanned the busy crowd of high schoolers. She tried to pinpoint the person who caused a tug on her string. The same string she cursed earlier that slowly began to fade.

 

“No. No, no, no. Not yet. Just a little more,” Jessica whispered to herself.

 

She ran. The girl whose life motto was to never run, ran and followed her string to her soul mate. Jessica ran past several groups of people and out the door where some ate lunch. She went around the corner with her tunnel vision of the red string and ran head on into someone else. Someone whose pinky held her fated red string before it disintegrated from her sight. Her eyes looked up to take in a mushroom haired girl who rubbed her head in pain.

 

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going,” Jessica said as she slowly got up and offered a hand to help her up.

 

The girl waved off the apology as she gripped Jessica’s hand, “It’s okay. It just hurts a little.”

 

“Here, let me help you up,” she said as she pulled the other girl up.

 

Jessica watched as the girl looked at their hands before she made eye contact with a shy demeanor, “I...hi. I...um, what’s your name?”

 

Cute, this girl was cute, “I’m Jessica. I’m sorry again...?”

 

“Tiffany. Tiffany Hwang. And I said it’s okay, Jessi. Is it okay if I call you that? I think we’ll be great friends,” the taller girl smiled with her eyes.

 

“Yeah, sure...” Jessica said blissfully.

 

This girl, this Tiffany, was her soul mate. I finally found you.

 

~

Don't you just LOVE Jeti? :) Story is progressing really well. High schooler Sica meeting high schooler Fany. But where's Taeng? SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!

P.S. We're coming down to the last five six parts of this one-shot. That means five six more weeks and Soul Strings is coming to an end. How bittersweet. (Sorry about the five/six deal...I can't count. :P)