L - F - E

Soul Strings

“I think I’m in love, Sica.”

 

Sophomore Jessica rolled her eyes at her best friend, “Again, Yul?”

 

A gasp escaped the black pearl, “What do you mean, ‘again’? She’s different, Sica. She’s the one.”

 

“No, she’s not. Neither was Taewoo. Nor Victoria,” a typical answer from the school’s ice princess.

 

“Why do you have to be so negative, Sica? I didn’t even tell you who she is yet!”

 

“You never seem to approve of any of our relationships, Jessica-unnie.”

 

“Yeah, you tell her Yoong!” Yuri cheered for her childhood friend.

 

“I don’t see what you have against my Seobaby and I. We’re destined,” Yoona stated proudly.

 

Jessica gritted her teeth, “No, you’re not destined.”

 

“Oh, really? How do you know this?” Yuri challenged.

 

“Yeah, how do you know Seobaby and I aren’t meant to be?”

 

“Exactly! How do you know that Goo Hara is not my soul mate?”

 

Jessica was silent. It’s been years since she saw her father’s red string attached to another woman’s. It was painful to have knowledge that her father’s soul mate was not her mother.

 

The ice princess’ eyes glanced down at the fated red strings on the pinkies of her close friends. They were firmly attached to one another. You two are soul mates and you don’t even know it.

 

“I just do.”

 

~

 

Thanks for being awesome readers and patient with each installment. I know the week sort of drags by but I hope you're enjoying the story so far. :)