Chapter 2- The New World

The Revival of Time

---Singapore---
1 Jan 2006, 9.59am

“Hello?” Jade answered her Nokia phone.
“Jade! Wanna go out today?? Since we are starting secondary school tomorrow.” said Zoe through the Sony Ericsson phone.
“Sure. Time?”
“12pm? Central.”
“Okay. See you!” Jade said and hung up the call.
After hanging up the call, Zoe walked to the toilet to prepare herself to meet her childhood friend and enjoy their last day of holidays together.

---Seoul, Korea---
“Damn it. How would I be able to remember the lyrics for Change other than the uh uh uh part.” Cosy grumbled as she took up the music sheets and looked at it again.
“But why is he even so concerned about the song in the first place. That song won’t even appear until like 08,09? And check the lyrics in your Iphone. I thought you---” Gyuri stopped in the midst of her sentence and suddenly stood up and ran into her room.
“Yah!! You haven’t finished your sentence!” Cosy said tailing her into the room to see her holding the Iphone 4 in her hands and kissing it.
“YES YES!! I have an Iphone 4 in 2006! YES!!” Gyuri excitedly pulled Cosy into a hug. As she let go of Cosy, Gyuri said to her, “Let’s find if we have any other 2011 items with us.” and they both started digging through the room. A pillow was thrown over. Shirts were thrown to the corner. A book went flying past and--
 

“GYURI! What was that book that you threw!” Cosy said as she took big strides over to the book and picked it up.
“Oh my...It’s Deathly Hallows.” Cosy said as she flashed the book cover to Gyuri. After hours of throwing stuff across the room, they found Twilight movies & books, Macbook Pro, 2PM albums, and a Biology textbook. Adding on to that list, they also found the box of polaroid pictures Gyuri had taken over the years along with her polaroid camera, stacks of music albums of her favourite American bands & singers and her iPhone music player.
“Why is this thing even here?” Gyuri took up the Bio book by the corner, mimicking what L did in ‘Death Note’ and gave a exaggerated frown.
“Maybe your biology textbook loved you too much that it time travelled with you. Come on, let’s go search my room too.” Cosy said jokingly as she picked herself up on her feet and went out of the room with Gyuri tailing behind her.

“Wait, it’s 2006... YES! NO JUSTIN BEAVER!” Gyuri screamed and laughed hysterically as she did her happy dance into Cosy’s room.
“No Rebecca Black too! NO FRIDAY!!!!” Cosy turned back to her and gave a hearty laugh.

Once they were in Cosy’s room, the pillows starting flying again and shirts were strewn on the floor. Books thrown over and music sheets were taken out of the drawers.
“Cosy! Since when did you have one whole stack of music scores in your drawers?” Gyuri questioned as she took out the whole stack of music scores and placed it on the floor before she and Cosy sat around it.

“Let me see.” Cosy picked up the first score and her eyes widened realised what it was and she quickly ran through the pile, naming the songs.
“Nobody, Sorry Sorry, Bonamana, Gee, Genie, Hoot, Fire, I Don’t Care, Haru Haru, Lies, Can’t Let You Go Even If I Die, Mirotic, Fiction, Nu ABO, Danger,  Without You, Hands Up, I My Me Mine, Huh, Because of You, Shampoo, Baby, Friday--”

“Why do you even have fishing ‘Friday’ and ‘Baby’ among your music scores!” Gyuri exclaimed as she heard Cosy naming the names of the 2 songs that she disliked the most.
“Babe, you were the one who wrote it. Look at the composer’s name.” Cosy said as she took out the scores of both songs and passed it to Gyuri.

“How the fish is this even possible!?” Gyuri held onto the scores firmly, almost crumpling up the entire sheet of paper.
“Hello? You were the one who said that you wanted to copyright them so that there will never be a Justin Bieber and a Rebecca Black to sing it--” Cosy said, snatching the scores back from Gyuri and smoothing the creases out.
“OH MAH GAWD, I’M A FRIGGIN’ GENIUS. NOW EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD DOESN’T HAVE TO SUFFER ANYMORE. BUT WAIT! WHEN DID I SAY THAT...?” Gyuri exclaimed as she stared at the paper infront of her, spacing out yet again.
“Last week? I think. When you suddenly thought of it and--” Cosy who was running through the pile of scores stopped, realising her words.

As if on cue, both of them went into a trance as pictures and images started running through their minds.
“HOLY SHIZZ. So we have double memory now! OH FISH. How mind-fishing is this!!” Gyuri said as she came out of the trance and ruffled her hair.
“Mind-ed right? Now I am afraid I might mixed up both memories. TSKKKK.” Cosy said as she pouted and continue running through the pile of scores.

“How can you even be so calm when this is just so sudden!!!” Gyuri just couldn’t comprehend everything that was happening.
“Remember what we said on the phone yesterday? Yesterday in 2011, I mean, AISH! You get what I mean. How can I express the yesterday in 2011 and the yesterday in our ‘Present’ time? ARGHH! Frustrating.” Cosy said as she felt like she was going crazy too.

“Let’s just put ‘Past’ in front of the date in the 2011 year and ‘Present’ in front of our current time. So the day when we were on the phone is the ‘Past’ yesterday and the day where we asked JYP for a rest day is ‘Present’ yesterday.” Gyuri said intellectually.
“Woah! That’s a rare statement from you.” Cosy said with her eyes closed and tongue stuck out at Gyuri.
“Pshh, stop making me sound like such a bimbo.At least I know what Kwashiorkor is!” Gyuri said wagging her eyebrows at her best friend.
“Kwashiorkor?” Cosy questioned.
“SEE! Who’s the bimbo now?!?”
“Okay. Be quick and explain what is Kwashiorkor.”
“It’s a disease common in Africa. Geesh, just go Google it up!”
“Tskkk. Come on. That question don’t even make sense. So if you go out now and ask your favourite OH SO FAVOURITE Mr Jay Park what an iPhone is which he obviously wouldn’t know the answer, are you gonna say he’s dumb?” Cosy retorted giving her trademark (-_-) face.

“Aish. Cut the crap and faster write out the lyrics for Change!! We are supposed to reach JYPE at 4pm and it’s like 2pm now.
“2pm?” Cosy asked giving a cunning smile.
“Are you thinking what I think you are thinking?”
“I think so?” Cosy nodded to Gyuri and the both of them started laughing.

“Eh. Pass me your Iphone. I want the lyrics.” Cosy said after a while, extending her open palm to Gyuri.
“Why? You have an Iphone too.”
“My Iphone is on the sofa outside. I am lazy. And I don’t have ‘Change’ on my Iphone.”
“I don’t have Change on my Iphone either.” Gyuri said and the atmosphere in the room went down.

“AWESOME! And we have 2 hours to try to remember the lyrics. How awesome is that.” Cosy said in sarcasm.

“Check the internet?” Gyuri said as she opened up Google on the IPad 2 that she found in the room just now.
“Hello?? Even if we have the internet now, the lyrics for Change won’t even be floating on the net and--”
“It is. And look at the date.” Gyuri said, passing the Ipad 2 to Cosy.

“What?! 4 Jan 2010. Damn it. My mind can’t take it already.” Cosy mouth was stunned and she just couldn’t find the right words to phrase how she felt right then.

Gyuri took the Ipad 2 back from Cosy and typed in “http://www.youtube.com” on the address bar and after the page was loaded, she typed in ‘Hands Up’  in the search bar and pressed the video that appeared.
“Woah. Hands Up!” Gyuri exclaimed as Nichkhun’s face appeared on the screen. She softly giggled as Chansung came out half-.
“What?! So are you like freaking telling me that our gadgets can access the ‘Past’ 2011?” Cosy exclaimed, her expression was one full of confusion.
“VERY OBVIOUSLY, my dear bimbo!” Gyuri said as she placed the Ipad right into Cosy’s face just to let her see the ‘Past’ Taecyeon driving off in the yellow lamborghini.

Cosy moved the Ipad 2 out of her sight with her right hand and stared at Gyuri asking, “How many more times do I have to be mind-ed today?”
“Well~~ I have no idea. But just accept it as it goes~” Gyuri replied as she started putting her hands up and singing along as the chorus started.
“Oh gosh. Fangirl mode.” Cosy muttered, slapping her open palm against her forehead.
“Mehrong!~” Gyuri stuck out her tongue at Cosy before she continued singing with the ‘Past’ 2pm.
“Oh lookieeee! it’s Rich Teeth and 2.. other short people.”
“WHERE?!?” Cosy said not hearing the last words and reached for the Ipad, disappointed to see only Junho, her ‘present’ good friend.

“Not here. Look out of the window... SHIZZ, hide the iPad! Shizz, shizz, shizz!” Gyuri stood up and ran about the room, looking for a good hiding spot.
“No! Hide every single thing! Not yourself! Arghh!” Cosy jumped onto her feet and both girls scrambled around the room, throwing all ‘past’ 2011 items into the drawers with locks and locked them up to hear the sound of a bell just a few seconds later.

 

WOOHOO~~~ Chapter 2 is out! YAYEE!!! Sorry if you are a Justin Bieber/Rebecca Black fan. That reference there was just to make the whole story even more funny. I promise next chapter will be even more epic because me and Jade were like laughing while writing it. HAHAH!! Comments comments! Most importanly, SUBSCRIBE!! :D

-does a happy dance- I hope you guys liked chapter 2! :D Yesh, like Cosy said. Chapter 3 is epic. So are the other chapters x3 So make sure subscribe so that you can catch the epicness of the next few chapters! ^^ Comment please! (;

- Jade