Chapter 12 - Cosy, Please Rescue Me!

The Revival of Time


“Now it’s time for the segment that everyone looked forward to. Danghyunaji (Danghyunaji means of course. The rule is to just keep saying stuff and your opponent can only answer ‘Danghyunaji’. It’s like a create scandal game.)” Yoo Jae Suk announced as the guests on the show applauded and cheered.

“So who do we have on the Kang team?” The national MC, turned to Kang Ho Dong, waiting for an answer.
“Seung-gi ssi. What kind of atmosphere do you wish your house to be in after a long tired day of work?” Kang Ho Dong asked Lee Seung Gi who was on the team.
“Me? A cosy atmosphere will be nice!”
“And let’s have a Cosy time here!” Kang Ho Dong said as Cosy walked to the front and bowed politely towards the crowd.

“What about our Park team?” Jaesuk turned to look at Park Kyung Lim.
“Well, you guys may have a “Cosy” atmosphere, but we have the royal atmosphere on this side! Can you sense the royalty in the air? Let’s welcome the royal princess, Gyuri-ssi!” Kyung Lim answered as everyone clapped while Gyuri moved a few steps forward, bowing and then waving at the camera.
“Woah. A battle between labelmates, best friends, dorm mates and group mates. This will be exciting. START!”

“Gyuri. Since you are older, you can start first.” Cosy said to her best friend.
“If you say so...” Gyuri replied with a smirk plastered onto her face.

“Cosy-ah, don’t you think your SO pretty? Remember that one time where all you could do was PRAISE yourself while I was quite broken?” Gyuri said as she wagged her eyebrows at her best friend.
“Danghyunaji. It’s a known fact that I AM pretty.” Cosy said with a smile, totally not affected by the attack at all.

“Gyuri ah. You had a crush on Joo Ji Hoon when you were filming with him right?” Cosy continued.
Gyuri simply raised a questioning eyebrow at her. “Well, duh. Danghyunaji! Doesn’t every girl have one on him now?”

“Isn’t it a bit weird that all you do for your chorus in ‘Change’ is ‘uh, uh, uh, uh’ and that pelvis dance?” Gyuri said as she imitated Cosy in a rather... hilarious way. She was just doing it in a kkab way instead of looking y, earning hilarious laughter from the guests on the show as well as Cosy who burst out in a hysterical laughter.
“Danghyunaji. But the fanboys love it!” Cosy stated between laughs as she tried to keep herself composed.

“You just went separate ways with a guy very recently, right?” Cosy sent the attack causing gasps from the guests.
Gyuri bit on her bottom lip as her eyes went wide open, surprised that Cosy would reveal something too personal out in the open. “Danghyunaji. Well, everyone has gone through a break up right?” Earning several nods in understanding.

“Well, what about you? Didn’t you just turn a ‘special someone’ from a fashion terrorist into a traffic light?” Gyuri smiled at the thought of Taec still being bad at fashion.
“Danghyunaji. Didn’t you had your try at 2 others in our label as well?” Cosy stated as though it was a love triangle.
“Danghyunaji. Well, at least they’re not walking around looking like a traffic light.” Gyuri smiled at Cosy cheekily.

“Cosy-ah don’t you think that you’re so cheesy sometimes that everyone else in the room needs to vacate the area? I mean, it’s really SO CHEESY that I don’t understand how traffic light can take it really. Remember that one time...? What with your I’m your Ginny Weasly to your Harry Potter?” Gyuri shot. Since you started, two can play the game.
“Hold on. So this traffic light is a real person? Is he your boyfriend?” Jaesuk questioned Cosy.
Cosy let out a forced laugh as she looked at Gyuri with pure evilness in the eyes.
“Danghyunaji.” Cosy said to the gasps and shock of guests on the show. That was how competitive Cosy and Gyuri were.

“Are you sure we can continue this segment at the rate at how these 2 hottest idols are revealing secrets?” Kang Ho Dong looked at the PD but only got a fervert nod from him. Well, more secrets equates to higher viewer ratings, why not?
“So who’s the traffic light?” Jaesuk asked Cosy as she attempted to make a joke out of it.
“The traffic light in front of SBS building? It’s tall and there are 3 different colours for the lights.” Cosy answered causing the guests to laugh at how ridiculous her answer was.

“So Gyuri. What about the moehog who charged in while you were filming a scene for ‘200 Pounds Beauty’ which everyone on set knows about? Did he become your boyfriend after that day?” Cosy said with a smirk as she know that there is definitely no way Gyuri will answer ‘Danghyunaji’ to that.
Gyuri’s bottom lip quivered just a bit, thinking about Jay hurt her, but she knew that she had to move on. And so she answered, “That doesn’t matter to me anymore.” and the guests on the show gasped. Revealing relationships on a broadcast recording, did these girls receive their PR lessons well? It wasn’t even in the scripted and these girls started attacking with all the secrets.
“Knock out to Gyuri. Our Cosy seriously have the guts to admit everything.” Jaesuk concluded as Park team sent out Kim Hyun Joong to versus against Cosy.

Gyuri knew that Cosy had all her secrets about Jay and her, and there was no way that she could win this one. With every secret revealed about Jay, her heart felt like it was getting stabbed and she couldn’t take it. She knew that she continued to fight on, she would break down, no matter how strong a front she put on.. But she also knows that Cosy was just doing that to increase the screen time for both of them because despite the long recording, only the interesting and “worthy” parts will be placed in that 1 hour time slot that the show held. As an idol/artiste, screen time was important. She knew that Cosy didn’t mean to hurt her, Cosy was a better person than that.And well, she did reveal Cosy’s relationship with the traffic light and she’s pretty sure that netizens will pick on that part and add their own version of story to it.

As the PD announced the end of recording, Gyuri went around bowing to the seniors, thanking them for the hard work and disappeared to the backstage area as Cosy was held back by Lee Seung Gi. Well. Before she time travelled and all, Lee Seung Gi was one of her celebrity crushes and ideal type but that was before she got together with the Professor Ok. Now being held back by her ideal type, Cosy was so focused on trying to build a close friendship with him that she didn’t see Gyuri went off.

“Gyuri ah~ Be quick! Let’s go.” Yoon Hee said as Gyuri entered the backstage area as Gyuri was in the process of removing her mic pack and Yoon Hee quickly passed Gyuri the sunglasses and placed a cap on her head, then shoving her out of the building through the back door.
Gyuri could feel her heart pounding against her chest, this was one of the very few times that she rebelled, she could feel the adrenaline pumping inside of her. And she liked it. Very much. Sure, she was often the more rational one, but this time she was throwing that out the window. She wanted to have fun, REAL fun. She hadn’t felt like this in a while, and she definitely wasn’t giving it up anytime soon.

---At YG dance studio---

“You guys can go off now.” The dance instructor announced as the 5 bodies slummed onto the floor with their heads down, they were so drained from the long hours of dancing. Seungri looked over at Taeyang, meeting his pair of eyes and both knowingly casted a glance at the studio door. They both picked themselves up on the feet and took their bag, walking towards the door in a composed manner. As they close the door behind them, they picked off towards the toilet to have a quick shower and change before the date with one of the hottest rising idols in the industry.


Yoon Hee and Gyuri walked into one of the cafes beside JYP building and took a corner seat as the ahjumma who ran the store approached them with a menu.
“As usual? One ddobokkgi, one seafood pancake, two rice and two barley?” The ahjumma asked as Gyuri kindly said no to her.
“We are waiting for someone else. They should be coming, oh! Here they are.” Gyuri said as the ahjumma turned back to see two guys walking towards the table. Isn’t that the new group. What is their name again? Big Bang? But.. Isn’t Gyuri together with Jay? The ahjumma thought to herself. Cosy and Taecyeon, Gyuri and Jay the 2 JYPE couples had been regular customers at her shop ever since they were trainees. She even specially lengthened opening hours or closed earlier for the kids to let them have a “date” without being found out by fans or have photos taken by paparazzi. Cosy and Taecyeon still appear every now and then but Gyuri and Jay have never appeared together since half a year ago and she just doesn’t know why. It would be weird to just approach one of them and ask. Or maybe, Cosy, the one that sees her like the mother, would tell her. Oh yes. Cosy and Taec will be coming tonight for supper. Taecyeon had called in advance to inform her.

The four kids ordered their food and the ahjumma left to take care of their orders, well, not before stealing several curious glances at the two boys. It’s definitely the two new idols from BigBang, I’ve seen them on TV! The ahjumma concluded, but, how are they related to Gyuri? And why is one of them looking at Gyuri... like the way Jay looks at her?
The ahjumma approached the table, dish by dish. With every dish being served, she still couldn’t help but wonder, why wasn’t Gyuri and Jay together anymore? Did she have a new boyfriend? It wasn’t that the ahjumma was being nosy, she was worried for the girl in fact, for Jay too. She’d known the two pairs of best friends ever since their very first days as trainees. She had watched them grow up to be the people they are today, she had always known that the 2 couples had always had their eyes on each other, and no one else. She had observed them for so long, she knew them pretty much like the back of her hands already. But the one thing she couldn’t understand was why Gyuri and Jay no longer together.
Observing Gyuri now, she could see she had interest in the other guy. But she could also see that Gyuri still loved Jay, very much. Aish, kids these days. I really don’t understand them ! The ahjumma thought in pure frustration, giving up on trying to find the answers. The more she sought after them, the more questions began to appear.

“Waaah!~ I miss ahjumma’s food, it tastes SO wonderful, especially after such a tiring day.” Gyuri’s mouth watered as she started to dig into the food placed before her.
“Noona, how did you manage to escape from Cosy’s eagle eyes?” Seungri asked, curiosity clear in his dark eyes.
“Had the help of Yoon Hee over here, keke. I’m glad she didn’t catch us though, I really need a break. And who better than to spend it with than BigBang’s outrageous maknae?”
“What about me?” Taeyang asked, looking at her with a certain look of disappointment.
“Well, you self-invited yourself now didn’t you?” Gyuri teased, “I’m just kidding, I’m glad you came.” And she genuinely was happy.
Heck, she was literally doing her happy dance the whole way to the cafe, with Yoon Hee to witness it. Well, Yoon Hee joined in as well too, what with her meeting Seungri too! ANYWAYS, Why was she doing her happy dance you ask? Well, because she’s always had a huge crush on Taeyang. Whether in the ‘Past’ or the ‘Present’, Taeyang had always been one of her ultimate bias, the other one being Jay. Well, if she could recall correctly, Taeyang had been her first ever Kpop bias too, actually..

Time passed as the four continually ordered more and more food from the ahjumma, the food was simply delicious and it was hard to resist ordering another plate! They were so bloated that maybe even just another plate of seafood pancakes, their stomach would explode. No, they weren’t even exaggerating.

And then Gyuri’s phone rang, this time her ringtone was ‘I Am The Best’ by 2NE1. What? That song’s the bomb! No, she didn’t care if she was living in another time, it was the best song ever. Even the title of the song agrees. Gyuri whipped out her ‘Limited Edition’ phone from her backpocket, her eyes immediately widening at the sight of the caller’s name. ‘Cosy’, it read. SHIZZ, I’m gonna get hell if I answer this! So, she just let the phone continue to vibrate in her hands. She let out a heavy sigh of relief as the phone stopped moving about in her palm.
The sound of bells by the entrance chimed, signalling the entrance of new customers.
“Ugh, why won’t she pick up the damn phone?!?” A familiar voice exclaimed, frustration clear in the tone of the voice.
SHIZZ, BLOODY FISHING KDSNAKDNA!!! Gyuri cursed out loud, as her eyes widened in shock. Crapcrapcrapp!!! What do I do now? I’m SO DEAD. Her heart pounded against her chest wildly, as she freaked out while trying to cover herself up from Cosy’s sight.
But, then Taeyang acted fast. He grabbed Gyuri’s wrist and pulled her out by the backdoor of the cafe, with YoonHee and Seungri trailing behind quickly.

Back in the cafe, Cosy turned to Taecyeon and asked, “Oppa, did you hear Gyuri just now? I am pretty sure I heard her voice.”
“I think you are just thinking too much. Even if someone was to hear her voice, that person would definitely be him.” Taecyeon replied, looking at Jay who was tailing behind them.
“Cosy ah! You came! Would you want to share a table with Gyuri? She--” The ahjumma’s sentence got cut off as she turned to Gyuri’s table to see only 4 miserable cushions on the seats.
“I told you so!~” Cosy exclaimed as she approached the table where Gyuri was just a few seconds ago.

YA! KWON GYURI! You better pick up my call. Or you will die in my hands tonight!!-Cosy

Cosy sent a message over whatsapp and was pretty sure that she saw the double tick which indicated that Gyuri has read the message before she dialled Gyuri’s number once again. After the sixth ring, Gyuri picked up.

“Yeoboseyo?” Gyuri’s voice greeted, Cosy could tell she had been running, she was breathing deeply.
“YAH! Pabo, where the hell are you?!? Why didn’t you pick up my calls?” Cosy shouted over to the other end. She could hear Gyuri’s laugh, it sounded distant though.
“I ran away, duh. And, well, I kidnapped Seungri and Taeyang too! Along with Yoon Hee’s help of course.” Gyuri said, Cosy could hear mumblings from the other end.
“Cosy Noona, Seungri here! Please, save me from Gyuri! She’s been making the past hour a living hell!” Seungri exclaimed, sounding desperate as he pleaded with her.
“YAH! DON’T CALL ME NOONA!” Cosy shouted into the phone.
“C-cosy-ah? Yes, yes! Please save us from Gyuri-ssi!” Taeyang added, Gyuri and Yoon Hee’s hysterical laughter could be heard clearly.
“Sorry, gotta go! These two have already revealed too much of our plans, OH NO!” Yoon Hee said as she snatched the phone from Taeyang’s hands.
“Buh-byee then Cosy!~” Gyuri sang, teasingly and the line went dead.

“YA!” Cosy shouted into the dead line as she placed the phone down and ran a hand through her hair. That girl is totally getting on my nerves.
“What happened?” Taecyeon asked, holding onto Cosy’s hands.
“Long story. Ahjumma, I want a bowl of cold noodles! I need to cool down the fire in me.” Cosy said and just seated her down on the chair and took her phone out again.

“Yobeoseyo? Ji Yong oppa! Can you please go get your 2 members. They just seduced Gyuri and another trainee to kidnap them.” Cosy said into the phone.
“What?! I thought that 2 have went back to the dorm.”
"Didn't it seem a bit suspicious? I mean, come on... You’re the leader! Do something about it, instead of just talking to me!"
“HELLO? Your best friend and fellow label trainee kidnapped them and it’s their fault for seducing them? So if I get kidnapped, it’s my fault for being good-looking and talented and all, is it?!” Jiyong’s voice came from the phone with apparent irritation.
“No, oppa, I don’t mean that. I just meant that Gyuri and the trainee won’t have the guts to do that unless Seungri and Taeyang plays along, so please just do something about it.” Cosy replied, trying to ease Jiyong’s irritation.
“Okay. I will call Seungri. I will update you again.” Jiyong said and the line went dead.

“So how are things now?” Taecyeon asked as the bowl of cold noodles was placed in front of Cosy.
“Ji Yong oppa will call Seungri and then update me again. Chal meok ge seuminda!” Cosy said and dug into her bowl of cold noodles.
“Ya. We should try going to find her.” Jay seated himself opposite Cosy as he stated.
“No. YOU should be the one finding her. For freaking goodness sake, if you still want her, go and get her. I have had enough of you two, seriously. Either you two get back together or just break off for good. I am tired of watching all the drama already.” Cosy replied with apparent hints of frustration. Seriously, how hard is it to bloody apologise? If your partner really does matter to you, you would just apologise even if you are not in the wrong. Cosy just couldn’t understand why are they being so “scandalous”.
“Easier said than done. I’m gonna head back to the dorm, call me if anything comes up.” Jay patted Taec’s back as he exited the cafe.

As Cosy finished up her food, she continued with her train of though on the other couple. Were they really so blind as to not see that they both still cared for each other? Or were they just being so egoistic, not wanting to be the one to apologise. ‘Easier said than done.’ Jay’s words replayed itself in Cosy’s mind. It IS easy, just go up to Gyuri, tell her your sorry and bam, you’re back together right? Everyone’s happy. What the hell does he mean ‘easier said than done’? Geesh.

Then, her phone buzzed beside her empty plate, with the name ‘Jiyong’ displayed on the screen. Cosy immediately picked up, only to hear Jiyong sigh.
“That maknae... always making his hyungs get worried over him. And that Youngbae should know better!” Jiyong mumbled, “Any idea where they are?”
“Well, I heard crickets in the background. They’re probably at the park nearby the cafe by JYP building, since they left a while ago. We’ll meet the rest of you there, alright?”
Jiyong uttered back an agreement before the two hung up, the couple strolled to the nearby park as they let their eyes scan the area for the mischievous four. The rest of Big Bang arrived at the scene and the group searched for their ‘Running Men”.

The group had decided to split up in the end, since it was taking forever to find the four. Well, Gyuri was always good at hide and seek... Damn, I should have guessed she’d do something like this! Wait, duh. I could use the GPS on the iPhone! And so Cosy did, she tracked Gyuri on her iPhone. And it appeared that she wasn’t too far from where Cosy was, she immediately broke out into a sprint, not wanting to lose her chance to nab the girl.

--With Gyuri --
“Let’s split up. So that they don’t catch us that easily.” Seungri suggested, imagining that they were in the Tom and Jerry show.
“Okay. Gyuri comes with me. Seungri, you go with Yoon Hee.” Taeyang said and pulled Gyuri by the wrist, bringing her out of the park through one of the abandoned exits into an empty street.
“Well, you seem very eager to get away from the other two.” Gyuri giggled.
“Well, I wanted to spend some alone time with you.” Taeyang stated as he scratched the back of his neck, his cheeks turning to a pinkish tone.
“Oh.. Uhm, the other two seem very interested in each other don’t you think?” Gyuri said, changing the topic.
“Yeah, sure..” Taeyang responded and an awkward silence engulfed them. Aish, I just ruined the mood. Taeyang thought.

“Oppa! You sure you didn’t see them?” Came a voice that Gyuri recognised all too well. And her sight was blocked as Taeyang reduced the gap between them, his back facing Cosy. Gyuri could hear the sound of her best friend’s high heels as well as the bickering between the cheesy couple approaching them before it faded with the wind into the deserted streets.

“Erm..I think they are gone already.” Gyuri said softly, her cheeks already a blushing red from the closeness between her and her ultimate bias. And then Gyuri heard what seemed to be like the flicker of a camera’s shutter and suddenly pushed Taeyang away from her.

“Gyuri? What’s wrong?” Taeyang asked, startled by her sudden reaction.
“Erm. Nothing.” Gyuri stood rooted to the ground, realising that she was going to get caught playing her game already. The fact that maybe there was a paparazzi guy there didn’t help either, since she was just inches away from Taeyang a second ago. And a photo from a wrong angle could be seen as though they were kissing each other. A scandal would surely come out of this, even if they were just standing next to one another.


“YAH, KWON GYURI. I FINALLY FOUND YOU.” The harsh, yet tired tone of Cosy’s voice startled the girl, her eyes widening 20 times bigger. I’m in deep shizz now, great.
“Done playing Hide and Seek? Gyuri, you should know better that---” Cosy was cut off by the ringing of her iPhone and she answered the call, to Gyuri’s relief.
“Yeobeoseyo? …... You found them? …... Yeah, we found Gyuri and Taeyang as well …... Alright, I will send him your way then.” Cosy hung up the call and turned to look at Taeyang.
“You better go and find your leader now. Good luck with Jiyong oppa. With the tone he used over the phone, it seemed like as if he could rip your head off. Seungri is at the gate by the park already.” Cosy said in a tired tone. She barely had 4 hours of sleep per day and they just had to make things so complicated by starting some hide and seek. Seriously, how old were they?

Taeyang took off, not wanting to irritate the already dead-beat Cosy. But not before wishing Gyuri a good night and to have sweet dreams. Gyuri honestly wished that the night didn’t have to end, she enjoyed having Taeyang’s company.
“You better start praying girl, you should have known better than to ditch me like that.” Cosy stated in a annoyed tone, which was then followed by a large yawn. She just couldn’t be bothered with racking through her brain for sarcastic lines to target at Gyuri.
“Ya.. Go back and sleep already. Look at you and your panda eyes. It hurts to see my girl in such a state, you know.” Taecyeon said as he held onto Cosy’s waist.
“I’m so tired.” Cosy whined as she leaned her head against Taecyeon’s shoulders.
Taecyeon just looked down at Cosy and smiled before taking her hand as they both walked back to the dorm as Gyuri tailed behind them. Why couldn’t she have such an understanding boyfriend? That Jay seriously. AISH.

Apparently, fate just loves to play games and Gyuri was going to get what she wished for. Things were perfectly normal for the next few days. Gyuri pondered over whether or not what she thought was a camera shutter was actually her hallucination. She checked her fancafe for any hints of scandals, twitter, naver. There was nothing.. Until Thursday night that it floated up onto the surface. But Gyuri wasn’t able to check anything as she was rehearsing for CG’s stage for Friday’s Music Bank.
“Taeyang and Gyuri a couple?” was the headlines over the net and on newspaper as well. Search Gyuri’s name on any website and you woud get Taeyang’s name as the next related search term and vice versa. Oh, now the real drama starts.

Annyeonghaesayo readers, it’s Jade! (: -does a 90 degrees bow- Sorry for not updating for quite awhile D: But, here it is!~ :D Hope you enjoyed this chapter, watching as the two girls reveal just A BIT too much info X: Anyways, some harmless promoting :b Check out my oneshots ‘a piece of me is lost without you’ & ‘the damsel in distress.’ . It’d be awesome to have some feedback and all that guys (: Thanks a bunch <3 Haha, yes. I decided to change mah colour :b


Annyeong everyone~ sorry for not updating for a long time. I was in malaysia! Only came back today and here I am to immediately give you guys an update! Hope all of your enjoy reading this chapter!(: I bet if I see any idols revealing so much on the national screen, I will just spazz non stop! LOL! Have fun reading and comments comments!(: