Chapter 19 - Simplicity is the Best

The Revival of Time

“BABE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!” Cosy was swept off her feet as she felt Taecyeon’s lips on her forehead. It was Cosy’s first Music Bank comeback stage and it was her birthday as well. Taecyeon has left KBS before her as she had to stay back for an interview.

“Thanks babe.” Cosy said as she gently pushed Taecyeon’s hands away, walked towards the sofa and sank into it, her face without a smile. At that point, Taecyeon knew that there was something wrong with Cosy. If it was the normal her, she would definitely say something more cheesy or did skinship or something but this was so not her. Taecyeon could feel that there was something wrong with his girlfriend from the vibes that she sent out. He stride over and stood in front of Cosy as she looked up. Taecyeon then pulled Cosy out of the sofa and into his chest.

“Cosy, I don’t know what happened and you can choose if you want to tell me or not. But, just know that no matter what happened, oppa will be here for you, alright?” Taecyeon said as Cosy started crying and he just continued holding onto her. Finally after a few minutes, Cosy slowly regained her composure as she gently pushed Taecyeon away and wiped the tears off her face with the back of her hand.

“So..willing to share with your oppa here what happened?” Taecyeon asked as he placed both his hands on Cosy’s shoulders and bent down, looking at Cosy into the eyes.
“Tired. Tired of being bashed by antis. Tired of having to put on a smile everywhere I go. Tired of trying hard to meet the expectations of everyone. Tired of people saying that I am not doing my best when they don’t know how hard I tried. Tired of how I have to start making decisions. Tired of trying to see when will Gyuri wake up and realise she’s completely in love with Jay. Tired of how everything has got to do with me now. Tired of --”
“You won’t be tired of me right?” Taecyeon asked, cutting off Cosy’s whinings and causing her to roll her eyes at him.
“Never. I have the best boyfriend in the world, don’t I?” Cosy replied as he flashed a smile and gave her a quick peck on the lips.
“Anytime that you are feeling tired, find me. Because you need not put up an act in front of me. If you are sad, cry it out. If you are angry, curse it out. I have seen all those sides of you and I will see through your act no matter how good an actress you are because you are my girlfriend.” Taecyeon said to Cosy.
“Thanks oppa Ok. You are the best. I love you.” Cosy said and kissed Taecyeon on the lips.
“I love you too. And come on, it’s your birthday, cheer up! I have bought sirloin steak to cook a meal for you, you know.” Taecyeon said.
“Are you sure it’s edible?” Cosy teased, sticking out her tongue causing a pout from Taecyeon.
“You can help me make sure that it’s edible!” Taecyeon stated as he carried the 47kg Cosy bridal style into the kitchen.

And the two started preparing dinner. It wasn’t only Cosy’s birthday, it was the day Gyuri would be returning from Japan as well. Since it was Cosy’s birthday today, she had received much well wishes from her fellow singers as well as senior singers. She had also received gifts from her fans and messages on Twitter but in the same way, she had people continuing the hate on her birthday as well. Yes, Cosy wouldn’t really give a damn about antis but somehow no matter how much she said that she didn’t care, she couldn’t deny that she felt a tinge of sadness in her whenever someone bashed her especially if that wasn’t true. They had no idea how hard she worked, they had no idea the amount of stress she had and all they could do was to be keyboard warriors. Cosy was tired, from all the expectations casted on her. She was just mentally 18, what do people expect from her?! It was totally making her go bonkers.

“I’m back!” Came Gyuri’s voice as the couple heard the dorm’s door clicked back into place.
“GYU~~~” Cosy exclaimed as she ran out of the kitchen, with a knife in hand.
Gyuri’s eyes immediately went to the sharp object in her best friend’s hands. You see, Gyuri has a serious phobia of sharp objects, like she can’t have it ANYWHERE near her. Especially not pointing towards her face or eyes, she can’t even look at it. And this was a knife we were talking about, not a fork or the pointed part of a pen. A friggin’ shiny knife with sharp blades that glimmered under the light.
“YAH! Put the knife down!” Gyuri shouted, taking a few steps back away from the approaching Cosy with her eyes wide open, her eyes still glued onto the object in Cosy’s hand.
Cosy complied and place the knife on the table in the living room before pulling her best friend into a bear hug.
“I missed you!” Cosy exclaimed, her arms still wrapped tightly around Gyuri.
“Can’t... Breathe...” Gyuri managed to choke out.
Cosy immediately pulled back and chuckled, “Sorry, I just missed you too much.”
Gyuri shuddered, “Aaah, being a bit too cheesy now aren’t we? Anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOO.” Gyuri pulled out a present out of the bag she was carrying to reveal a nicely wrapped present. “Open it!”
They both took a seat on the couch before Cosy ripped the wrapper open.
“The limited hello kitty plushie?!? I LOVE IT!” Cosy shrieked and held the item against her chest.
Gyuri laughed and Taecyeon emerged from the kitchen, “You love THAT more than me?”
“Tsk, of course not oppa Oak!” Cosy giggled before running over to Taecyeon’s side.
“Ugh, your cheesiness makes me want to fly back over to Japan this instant!” Gyuri joked before heading to the hallway, towards her room to change into something more comfortable.
“Oh yeah, HEEEEY RICH TEETH!” Gyuri’s face re-appeared with a cheeky grin on. She leaned against the wall and stuck her head out before disappearing once again, not allowing Taecyeon to respond.
“Is she in her right mind?” Taecyeon raised an eyebrow, asking no one in particular.
“Baby, ignore her.” Cosy replied and pulled him back into the kitchen by the hand.

“How can you guys start cooking without me?” Gyuri fired as she reappeared in the kitchen after washing up and changing into her casual clothings.
“Come on, Gyu. If we were to wait for you, dinner might not be ready even at 9.” Cosy said and turned back sticking out her tongue at Gyuri before she turned her attention back onto the pot of stew she was brewing. Gyuri, not willing to be spited on crept up behind Cosy and started tickling her, which initiated a tickling war.

“Aish, these two girls..” Taecyeon smiled to himself as he continued with the cooking.

“Okay, okay! You win, you win!” Gyuri exclaimed, her face completely red from the lack of air. When she finally regained composure, she asked, “There is cake, right..?”

Cosy glanced at her, knowing what her best friend was thinking exactly. “Of course, what’s a birthday without cake? It’s ice-cream cake though, so that means no cream.” Gyuri pouted at this, she was planning on starting her traditional cream war.
“Oak Tree! Why didn’t you get a cake with lots and lots of whipped cream on top?” Gyuri pulled her favourite whine that she had always used on Jay and Taeyang.
He simply chuckled, glad that it didn’t work on him as much as it did on the other lads. “It makes more sense that I get something my girlfriend wants over what my girl’s friend wants, doesn’t it?”
“You’re no fun at all.” Gyuri plopped her head down onto the counter as she watched the couple continue cooking, heaving a deep sigh.

“Gyuri, you might want to get the door. It seems that your boy’s here.” Cosy suggested as she looked out of the window, to see Taeyang approaching the corridor.
“He is?” Gyuri wondered as she made her way over to the door and opened it, just in time to see Taeyang about to press the doorbell.
“Oh, hey babe.” Taeyang gave her his signature eyesmile.
“Hey, how did you know that I was back?” Gyuri rose an eyebrow at him as she stepped aside, allowing the latter to step into the house.
“Nam Gook hyung was informed by Sangbum hyung that you were back. So, I thought I’d pay you a visit... since I missed you.” Taeyang’s cheeks were tainted with a light pink. “I also heard that it was Cosy’s birthday, so I thought I’d come and wish her a ‘Happy Birthday’.”
(Note: Sangbum is Gyu’s manager; apart from Donghyun who is both Cosy & Gyu’s manager.)
Gyuri smiled, “You’re so sweet oppa.”
“Oh.. So the main priority is to see our royal princess here and my birthday was just another accompanying reason. I understand. I really do.” Cosy pouted, and rolled her eyes.
Taeyang chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. “Sorry, Cosy-ah. My girl’s my number one priority, I’m sure Taecyeon agrees.” He glanced at the giant, who nodded away, while giving a back hug to Gyuri.
“Baby, you have me. You need not a sun.” Taecyeon coaxed as he back hugged Cosy as well.
“Psh, no one can live without the Sun.” Gyuri stuck her tongue out at the other couple.
“We can. We just need a self radiating star that gives out heat.” Cosy chuckled.
“Yeah, and you’ll die of not being able to stand being blind. MEHRONG.”
“No wonder Taeyang chose you as his girlfriend.” Cosy retorted, sticking out her tongue as well.
Gyuri simply giggled, somewhat glad of her victory, while watching as Taeyang became more and more flustered by the second.
“Aish, arraseo, arraseo. Now, can we please get back to cooking. It’s almost reaching dinnertime.” Taecyeon said.

“Babe. Get my phone from my backpocket please.” Taecyeon asked, his hands dirty from all the kimchi mixing as Cosy took the phone out and answered it for him.
“YA! WHERE ARE YOU?!” Came a loud shout from the phone as Cosy held the phone away from her ear.
“Mr Jay Park Jaebeom, at least start a conversation with a greeting please. And who gave you the rights to shout at me?” Cosy replied into the phone.
“Sorry, the leadja in me was just kicking in there. Now, where is that goof?”
“He is trying his best to make me a happy and satisfied girl on my 15th birthday so I would be happy if you do not disturb.” Cosy said, trying to make it sound as wrong as it is while trying her best not to laugh.
“Oh, yeah. Happy birthday Cosy. Just tell him to reach back in time alright? No hanky panky business please.”
“What innocence. Bye~~” Cosy hung up the call, disappointed that her prank did not work as Gyuri burst out in laughter at how dense that conversation was.

“Nice try. Jay knows you better than most guys, apart from Taecyeon over there.” Gyuri smiled, but it faded away soon enough.
“Oh. I will prove him wrong. Baby, let’s settle this in my room later.” Cosy sent a wink over to Taecyeon to the horror of Gyuri.
“EW. Hell to the naw! I refuse to watch you two do the nasty!” Gyuri hid her face into the crook of Taeyang’s neck.
“It’s my room and it will be locked.” Cosy said as she continued spite Gyuri.
“Does this look like your room?” Gyuri gestured about the kitchen.
“Aish, if you two continue with your bickering, we won’t even be done with the food by the next night.” Taecyeon shook his head, “and I’m hungry.”
“This is just what happens when you separate best friends away from each other for too long.” Taeyang said as he helped Taecyeon out with the other food, the simple ones anyway. “This only applies to girls though.”
“Alright!! Down to the cooking!” Cosy said as she rolled up her imaginary sleeves and started cooking, for real this time round.

“Hmm, I’m still jetlagged. I’ll watch you guys cook.” Gyuri said as she stifled a yawn. “Yes, you can get jetlagged from flying from Japan to Korea.”
“What nonsense. You are flying within the same time zone.” Cosy rolled her eyes and stated.
“Do you SEE these eyebags?” Gyuri pointed to the eyebags right under her eyes.
“Defintely on par with our Big Bang maknae.” Taeyang said as the trio cooking stifled their laughter.
Gyuri pouted at him, being compared to BigBang’s maknae’s eyebags was definitely not a plus. She laid her head down onto the counter as she watched the other three bustle about, trying their best to finish up cooking their meal in time.
She couldn’t help but reminisce about the times they had when she was still with Jay, the scene was so similar to back then. Except Gyuri had banned Jay from stepping into the kitchen and refused to allow him to cook, no matter how much he tried to. You should have seen the things that Jay would resort to do just to get Gyuri to let him help out.
The kitchen had settled down to a comfortable silence, other than the occasional questions about the dishes. If Jay were here, we’d never be able to finish in time thanks to his constant goofing off. Gyuri let out a silent sigh as she watched Taeyang do his best. She wasn’t referring to him trying his best to cut the chicken into different parts though. She was referring to the fact that she knew that Taeyang was trying to be the best boyfriend that he could be. But, she just couldn’t forget about Jay, no matter how much she wanted to.

Finally, at exactly 7PM, the dinner table was neatly laid out with all the food, and utensils as well as champagne.
“To the birthday girl.” Gyuri said as the four proposed a toast. “May you continue to do well with your career and be more and more successful. Oh, and to last a long time with Oak Tree!”

And so the quartet indulged into their sumptuous feast, small talk coming along every now and then. It was a comfortable and nice birthday dinner at home, with her best friend, along with their boyfriends. She couldn’t have asked for more, she was more than contented with the simple dinner.
 
We are back again!!! Sorry for being gone for so long yet again. SIGHHHH! The thing is we are so busy that we are really relying on our back up chapters and have yet to write a new one in ages. I guessed our fire would only be back after we watched the 2pm concert in Singapore this weekend!! Till then, hope you enjoy the story!! :D